+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.2 a Game Breaker? Souls that don't need improved.

Plane Walker

Default Patch 1.2 a Game Breaker? Souls that don't need improved.

What I've seen is that some of the souls getting boosted, really don't need a boost. Yes, ranged rogues do, but the others... not so much. Assassin can stun lock kill people without them getting a chance to. I don't know if their dps for pve is too low, but there should be a better way to increase their damage without making them be able to destroy anyone and everyone.

Inquisitor is another example, In the cleric 1.2 thread, he basically said that they need a damage boost. But if you ever look at the best cleric dps on the WF or raid charts it always comes from inquisitor. Cabalist is barely played because its an AoE class, but inquis can do more AoE damage. Druids and shaman are lacking in overall dps but apparently they won't get a boost... (Yes druid and shaman can dps for raids but only if they go a set inquis/druid/sham build).

I'm glad to see that warlord is getting an AoE taunt to make it more viable for tanking, but that is something that justicar lacks. (According to all I've talked to)

I'm not sure if the Developers love some classes more than others or some cry harder (no offense), but That shouldn't mean they should be put above others. If the good souls get boosted and the lacking ones don't, then that doesn't balance the game, it only ruins it.

Thoughts? If you disagree please just explain and don't rage.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Alarox View Post
    I'm not sure if the Developers love some classes more than others or some cry harder (no offense), but That shouldn't mean they should be put above others.
    This is where your post became a troll.
    I have probably killed you.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's when he was talking about Inquisitor.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Plane Walker

Okay so I showed a little bias and emotion... I think my point still is valid. I really don't have much against any of the classes or Devs, its just I don't want to see a great game with lots of potential, have classes nerfed and boosted completely out of balance.

Btw, you're posts we're definately trolls, no offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I play a Sent/Just/Inq build (10/20/20 ATM) and despite topping dps and heal charts at the same time in codex or black garden its all fluff numbers. The only decently hard hitting skill inq gets is soul drain and that needs about 3 people not moving all within 7 feet. Most of my numbers comes from cycling lifes vengeance, saction heretic, sovereignty, and bolt of radiance to build convictions then Doctrine of Loyalty. The heals from reparation are decent but I lack any burst to kill someone and my heals aren't available 50% of the time and only heal well when I crit (due to 40% crit bonus talents) then when I'm oom popping purpose and spamming even justice.

If they could make inquisitor more viable as a primary spec that would be dandy as is it's Very reliant on being a support class through justicar or praying for crits with the crit damage boost perks from sent and cab I can't think of another class so utterly dependent on other souls.

Plane Walker

At lv 50 you'll be satisfied with inquisitor. You can get some nice bursts and still be able to get "fluff" damage. They are fixing the Armor buffs for a fact btw, so that'll be nice to be able to choose all defense or damage. I still think that cabalist should be the fluff one, and inquis the burst.
    Last edited by Alarox; 05-08-2011 at 05:18 PM.

I would love to see hard number of class with soul mix play time per week to spot the trend in what is played and what classes are increasing/decreasing. Match that to the patches and you can project the impact of the change.

I am seeing a lot less warrior playing in my guild. They are even using me as a tank and I'm dps focused since tanking is not fun to play (for me). Overall activity level seems down as well. It will be interesting to see what happens post patch as most of the post on the warrior forums are not too thrilled with it from what I can tell. It does have some good things about it. I just wish there was less gap between builds and dps. The recent change to VK has the mitigation tanks upset. I do not think this patch is going to go over well. But the numbers are the true measure. Too bad we will probably never see them.
    Dangerous when amused... and you are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarox View Post
    Inquisitor is another example, In the cleric 1.2 thread, he basically said that they need a damage boost. But if you ever look at the best cleric dps on the WF or raid charts it always comes from inquisitor. Cabalist is barely played because its an AoE class, but inquis can do more AoE damage. Druids and shaman are lacking in overall dps but apparently they won't get a boost... (Yes druid and shaman can dps for raids but only if they go a set inquis/druid/sham build).
    bull- s - h - i - t
    Last edited by Iriska; 05-08-2011 at 05:53 PM.
    Elventy/NW
    Creric - R8 - Icewatch - Defiants

Rift Disciple

Game breaker? no. The game has been broken, this might or might not make it better. Many souls are underperforming and only some of them are getting attention. Let's hope they keep fixing stuff or making a new soul overpowered each month, so the game doesn't get stale. Oh, wait, it's too late for that.
    bird in cage
    bird peck on button to get food
    bird peck on button get food randomly, bird pecks constantly
    They play you like a stupid bird.
    Unfortunately that has been MMO standard operating procedure since EQ.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Iriska View Post
    bull- s - h - i - t
    Lol- I normally play a shaman, and I can beat decent inquis sometimes if I only AoE spam and get lucky. If there is a dedicated inquis who AoE spams, no caba, shaman, or druid is going to touch that sadly. Unless you do something I havn't seen.

I'd love to see where you got your information from, because almost every word of your post is factually incorrect information.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    I'd love to see where you got your information from, because almost every word of your post is factually incorrect information.
    "Factually Incorrect"? Stop trying to sound smart, you're an idiot. If you're going to comment about something being "Factually Incorrect" you should state what it is that is "Factually Incorrect" lol, then back it up with correct facts.

Is it the inquisitor thing? Based on everything I've seen in more than two months that's correct.

Btw, the word incorrect means untrue or based upon false information so you don't need to add factually.

I'd like to see your side of this, if its based on factually correct information, and/or facts.

Plane Walker

Originally I intended this thread to discuss how the game will be after 1.2 with some classes, but I guess everything is too trollable for people to handle, so to future viewers...

TROLL ALERT BEWARE

I agree regarding inquisitor.

The buff to inquisitor is just uncalled for. At 50, inquisitor has great burst. Any class that cannot heal is a toast to inquisitor.

Check out some nasty inquisitors from Deepstrike. They kill you with full health.

Cabalist is also doing great. Caster cleric is doing great.

Melee cleric is unkillable with justicar mixed. Not sure how they perform in raids since we do not have melee cleric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    Melee cleric is unkillable with justicar mixed. Not sure how they perform in raids since we do not have melee cleric.
    Melee with justicar has given me problems in PvP, they don't die and widdle you down to 0. Shaman (and druid a little), however need a damage boost. Shaman in t1/t2 gear mix can only max 1400 (very lucky) on our best hit, and other than an occasional burst we're pretty much stuck with 2 overdrives like from Final Fantasy. Rage of the North, and Vengeance of the Primal North.

I really havn't seen much Caba so I'll take your word for it, but most caba I've heard from think it needs a boost. I've tried a caba build but never parsed it vs inquis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast