+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Most/least played classes

Soulwalker

Default Most/least played classes

Whats the most to least played classes in this game? Mainly aimed towards warrior tanks, i don't want to play as a warrior tank if theres billions of them running around. (And miss any chance to get into a guild/party) So yeah, what classes are played the most?

Rift Disciple

The term used in Rift is callings... initially it seems as if this is an artificial distinction from class, but callings really aren't the same as classes. Unlike some other games, there's quite a level of flexibility within the callings as to which role they can play... For instance Rogues can make very good tanks.

So the question would be... what kind of roles do you want to play?... Emphasising the plural on roles, because you'll be expected to be able to fill more than one role with your character... From there we can tell you what callings can meet those roles.

Aoivd getting bogged down in other peoples opinions of class balance, and what calling can perform which role as Trion are in the process of working out the kinks in class balance with a big patch this coming week that addresses most of the concerns.

If for example you like the idea of a Warrior, they can be both tank or dps, both perfectly viably.

Like every game in PvE Tanks are in the highest demand while in PvP healers are in the highest demand.
    Glory - Guardian Warrior / Cleric

The most/least played class in the game is rogue IMO.

Plane Walker

From what I've seen, Druids, Shaman, and Justicar tanks are played very little. Cabalist casters aren't used very much either.

I don't see many elementalists around. If you play a mage, almost every single one is lock/necro/chloro or a pyro.

Warriors for dps I see use mostly rift/pally for pvp. Paragon I don't see much.

For rogues its spread out a bit though I don't ever see rogues with thier main soul as a tank. There's a number of bards (healers) though.

Some of that and all the rest probably differ from server to server.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarox View Post
    From what I've seen, Druids, Shaman, and Justicar tanks are played very little. Cabalist casters aren't used very much either.

I don't see many elementalists around. If you play a mage, almost every single one is lock/necro/chloro or a pyro.

Warriors for dps I see use mostly rift/pally for pvp. Paragon I don't see much.

For rogues its spread out a bit though I don't ever see rogues with thier main soul as a tank. There's a number of bards (healers) though.

Some of that and all the rest probably differ from server to server.

I hope this helps.

so let me get this straight....

melee clerics arent played much
    healers arent played much

but so many rogues complained about unkillable god mode clerics that the spec was nerfed?

guess we know what the MOST played class is

Soulwalker

Default Lol

There are a ton of rogues. They are the best OP pvp spec period. If you cant kill a mage you need to quit period.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    so let me get this straight....

melee clerics arent played much
    healers arent played much

but so many rogues complained about unkillable god mode clerics that the spec was nerfed?

guess we know what the MOST played class is
    my guild has an overabundance of healers (mainly healing clerics). cabalist != healer
    i've run into one other justicar tank other than myself on my server

Rift Master

Most played calling? Clerics or Rogues
    Least played calling? Warriors by far...

Rift Disciple

When a newcomer is asking for straight up info can we keep the class war agendas out of the thread... That is unless you really want to be damaging the game you enjoy playing.

To the OP, take with a pinch of salt any post on class issues that seems to have a lot of emotion invested in it. It's normally a good indicator that the poster is trying to push an agenda.

Warrior = Tank/DPS/Support
    Cleric = Tank/DPS/Heals
    Mage = DPS/Heals/Support
    Bard = Tank/DPS/Support

Find the calling that has the mix of roles you feel best suits your playstyle needs.

Champion

rogue
    cleric
    mage
    warrior

I can't walk through Meridian without tripping over 10 clerics and or mages dueling.

I can't call for a DPS pug to fill a spot without getting a dozen rogues begging to get in.

I would imagine most people who were playing warriors abandoned them after April Fools-no-we're-not-joking-Day. The fact that clerics and rogues left warriors behind as boss tanks, despite warriors having FOUR tanking souls vs their paltry one tanking soul, really pissed a lot of people off.

Rift Chaser

I've rolled characters on 3 different servers.

I look at /who a lot.

The ratio I would see on all of those servers, seemed to be;

Rogues > Clerics > Warriors > Mages.

sometimes warriors and clerics would be the other way around, depending on the day or server.

Though in my experience, most warriors and rogues are playing as dps and not offering to tank anything.

Playing as a healer is also a thankless job, it's stressful and nobody pats you on the back at the end of a run and says awesome healing there.. well it happens rarely.. I can't say it never happens.. but generally no it doesn't.. but on the flip side of the coin a ton of people will randomly have a go at you if they feel you should have been able to prevent their death.

The same thing could be said for tanking.

So in my experience in mmo's a ton of healers and tanks start only playing with friends or their guild and so the demand for them always seems higher because it's the pug's that are vocal about there not being any around, while I've been in several guilds that had an abundance of healers and tanks in it (too many to raid with regularly in those roles etc).

+ Reply to Thread