+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kings/queens of DPS?

Telaran

Default Kings/queens of DPS?

Well, I have played all 4 callings to low 40s so far and I love them, so its to the point to where I wanna know which one is best, because I love them all equally.

Basically I want to know two things:

1)What is the best DPS post-1.2 (since it will be out soon) in the game?

2) What is a good lvling spec for that DPS to actually get to the expert/raid level content.

Quote Originally Posted by BladeMyth View Post
    Well, I have played all 4 callings to low 40s so far and I love them, so its to the point to where I wanna know which one is best, because I love them all equally.

2) What is a good lvling spec for that DPS to actually get to the expert/raid level content.
    In 1.2 (next week) warriors and rogues will be competing for top DPS with one mage spec being left behind a few hundred dps for second spot. But if you like to clear aoe trash mobs, then play that one mage spec until it gets nerfed.

As for leveling builds, those posts are in the respective class forums. Search ftw.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Telaran

Mages
    10char

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    In 1.2 (next week) warriors and rogues will be competing for top DPS with one mage spec being left behind a few hundred dps for second spot. But if you like to clear aoe trash mobs, then play that one mage spec until it gets nerfed.

As for leveling builds, those posts are in the respective class forums. Search ftw.
    The Mage still does more damage, it's just credited to other people.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    The Mage still does more damage, it's just credited to other people.
    Please. SD damage in 1.2 will be a joke for raid damage on anyone without 1000+ spellpower and a charge consuming damage buff to burn on it, and even then it'll be low. Since pets can't proc SD going forward anymore either, SD won't contribute much dps to anyone except for the stormcaller himself.

If people still want to argue that SC is doing more dps because of piddly 50-100 damage procs that it gives to 4 other people in a raid, then you're just strawmaning for more mage nerfs. We might as well figure out the total damage increase on everyone in the raid when an archon pops any of his raid buffs and get archon nerfed too.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-09-2011 at 06:12 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Champion of Telara

It depends on what you mean by dps. PvE v. PvP ... Susutained v. burst.

If you are talking about PvE instances, Warrior will be top PvE sustained single target dps with Rogue a very close second. Mage will be a distant third.

Rift has PvE sustained single target dps completely backwards right now.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 05-09-2011 at 06:15 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    Warrior will be top PvE sustained single target dps with Rogue a very close second. Mage will be a distant third.

Rift has PvE sustained single target dps completely backwards right now.
    If the rogue boards are to be believed (which is something I can't believe I just typed out on purpose), some rogue DPS builds on the PTS are parsing higher than warriors.

Champion of Telara

If the rogue boards are to be believed (which is something I can't believe I just typed out on purpose), some rogue DPS builds on the PTS are parsing higher than warriors.
    If that is correct, Mages will be in trouble for PvE group content. There won't be much of a niche for them.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 05-09-2011 at 06:19 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    If that is correct, Mages will be in trouble for PvE group content. There won't be much of a niche for them.
    That's not entirely true. Someone has to bring a 51 point buff *****, a chloro to synth the main tank, and an SC to take out everyone's trash for them. Then again, why bother?

Plus it's worth noting that clerics can pull 1800 single target melee DPS, so if you want to be technical mages will be in last place for single target DPS with our best DPS spec. Every other spec we have will be a couple hundred DPS behind that.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-09-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Xsi

Plus it's worth noting that clerics can pull 1800 single target melee DPS
    Play a druid (cleric) in 1.2. Best DPS to single target. Welcome to RIFT reversal of every traditional class role.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BladeMyth View Post

1) It will depend on you. I have never seen anyone who truly plays every single calling and spec equally well. If you truly enjoy each calling equally, look at the calling boards and find the spec that in theory does the most DPS for the situation you need (PvE, PvP, Single, AoE, Melee, Ranged, yes there are different ones for each), and play them all. See which one does the most DPS for YOU and use it. By the way the 20 pieces of equipment you have on will have a significant impact on your DPS as well.

2) The best leveling spec for each calling rarely has anything to do with the best DPS spec. Again look at the calling boards or simply use the spec you have already been using to get all of the way to the low 40s to finish getting to level 50. Then switch to your DPS spec and run the dungeons.

Hope this helps

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    Play a druid (cleric) in 1.2. Best DPS to single target. Welcome to RIFT reversal of every traditional class role.
    Nope. Proven. Warrior and rogue do higher dps. And warriors have been doin it for a long time now, you are mistaken and of course your logic that hybrids cannot compete with pure dps is stupid. Mage can heal, rogue can tank, cleric can dps.

Xsi

Quote Originally Posted by Lenklume View Post
    Nope. Proven. Warrior and rogue do higher dps. And warriors have been doin it for a long time now, you are mistaken and of course your logic that hybrids cannot compete with pure dps is stupid. Mage can heal, rogue can tank, cleric can dps.
    I was going to respond to this but then I just realized you are trolling. So /trollz right back at you.

I would explain why/how this happens but it'll fall on some other non-related-to-what-I-stated post. Where did the "logic on hybrids" come from?

To OP, short answer: Play a cleric. Learn to manage the pet (passive/petattack macro). Profit.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Telaran

tons of noobs in this thread.

Please. SD damage in 1.2 will be a joke for raid damage on anyone without 1000+ spellpower and a charge consuming damage buff to burn on it, and even then it'll be low. Since pets can't proc SD going forward anymore either, SD won't contribute much dps to anyone except for the stormcaller himself.

If people still want to argue that SC is doing more dps because of piddly 50-100 damage procs that it gives to 4 other people in a raid, then you're just strawmaning for more mage nerfs. We might as well figure out the total damage increase on everyone in the raid when an archon pops any of his raid buffs and get archon nerfed too.
    LOL that is one mad mage right there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast