+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Class Ability You Would Most like to see in Rift

Ascendant

Default Class Ability You Would Most like to see in Rift

Every game has an ability that is just super cool.

In Aion the coolest ability was Inescapable Judgement, the Templar's ability to grab a foe and drag it across the screen to them. It was simply so cool to see.

In Warhammer, the Squig Herder detaunt, where he wets himself was just hilarious. I also loved the Warrior Priest's warhammer animations.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Sornin's Avatar

I know I sound like a broken record, but I need to fall back on Warhammer Online for this one (I swear I have played and enjoyed other MMORPGs, too!). Magi (or is the plural Maguses?) had an ability called Chaotic Rift that pulled six enemies within a fairly large radius to a central point, then snared them. It was a fairly epic crowd control spell, and very cool. Oh, and it has "Rift" in it!

what i would like to see is probably a short sprint / speed boost to help you along the low levels until you get a mount
    some passive minor bonus to diff skills (depending on class)
    a cool ACTIVE ABILITY that is good from low level until endgame
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

i can't recall the name of the ability, but i would like to see a modified version of an ability from the Mage in Dragon Nest where she casts a demon through the ground to attack the enemy.

I havent played many games, so I don't know how unique it is, but I played EQ1 forever and when playing a cleric I always loved divine arbitration. It was a nearly instant cast spell that evened out everyone in the group's health, for when one person was dying too quickly to get a heal on.

FD of the Disciple class (VG)
    Nice looking teleport of the rouge/dk class right in fron/back of the opponent. (VG)
    Levitation (single player or even group buff) (VG)
    Agree on the Templer pull ability (Aion)
    Monk jump ability (VG)

Quote Originally Posted by Sornin View Post
    I know I sound like a broken record, but I need to fall back on Warhammer Online for this one (I swear I have played and enjoyed other MMORPGs, too!). Magi (or is the plural Maguses?) had an ability called Chaotic Rift that pulled six enemies within a fairly large radius to a central point, then snared them. It was a fairly epic crowd control spell, and very cool. Oh, and it has "Rift" in it!
    That does sound cool. Casters would definitely like to have such ability!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Id like to see some sort of teleport for mages like Blink from WoW.

It was a very cool move but pretty overpowered in groups, maybe if it also didn't snare you it would be fine.
    So much to do, so little time. We must get to work! Zathras! Zathras! Grrr, never around when he is needed!

My favorite ability is Word of Pain (WAR) or Delayed Blast (Aion). They are both basically the same thing.

Each is a debuff that doesn't do any damage at first. Then, 8 seconds or so later, BOOM! It always loved using it in PVP cause people would always run back to their warcamp if they're about to die. They would get inside, thinking they were safe just as Word of Pain ticked off for 1200 damage or so if it crit, killing them. It was always fun to imagine their expression after the death.
    Graaaaaaaains...

Soulwalker

Then have the rest of the group do cc's / root and AE the crap out of the spot of the magus. It was a bit overpowered for a time but definitely a unique ability.

Most useful all around would be have to be a run speed increase. Old EQ1 players knew that "SOW" was a MUST.

The ability I have had the most fun using or seeing is hands down Feign Death.

I would love to see specific finishing moves specific to each class. So many other games have the same game mechanics for each and every character, do it doesn't matter if you play a Dark Knight or a Paladin they both feel the same and have the same skill sets being they are both tanks.

I would love for each class to 'feel' different from the others. I would be great to be playing a Blade Dancer and call upon a NightBlade skill, and say to myself "wow, now that feels Odd but in a good way." Not just have the same skills for each calling but give each class their own feel.

If anyone here remembers the Sorcerer in Vanguard, the original Chaos Volley would stack damage everytime you casted it, now I don't like the idea of constantly using the same spell over and over, I like variety, but to make a chain that as you complete the chain your damage grows, the chain gets harder and harder to complete as you advance threw the chain. Also being careful not to pull agro at the same time.

I don't recall any game other than Everquest that had a Gravity Flux type spell. This one when cast on something/someone would cause damage as well as launching them up into the air and when they'd land they'd take additional fall damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter View Post
    I don't recall any game other than Everquest that had a Gravity Flux type spell. This one when cast on something/someone would cause damage as well as launching them up into the air and when they'd land they'd take additional fall damage.
    City of Heroes and WAR both had a lot of different knockback / knockup attacks. They are always fun but are very powerful in PvP.

I'd love to see Feign Dead in and usable for splitting mobs, but I doubt it'll happen (the latter anyway).

I like Death Grip from the WoW DK, and Corpse Explosion from Diablo/VG/WoW.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast