+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50

Thread: I Honestly Thought People Were Just Complaining Like Always About Healers...

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default I Honestly Thought People Were Just Complaining Like Always About Healers...

    But...

    Healers are seriously ridiculous right now. In almost all MMORPGs, people qq about healers, but I never had a problem with them in many. There are always ways to deal with them, like mana drains, stuns, silences, etc... Or just common team work, but there is no chance to kill a healer in this game. I OFTEN see healers survive 3v1 while still killing us. I also often see healers survive 3+ like 5v1, but they don't kill us in the process in that case. They just survive while waiting for reinforcements to barrel down on us.

    I am not one to complain about game balance. I usually just leave it to the devs and ignore these types of posts on the forums. That's why I seriously thought everyone was just ranting like usual, with no real means to back it up except that they died to a healer in a warfront and got pissed, but that's surprisingly not the case. Healers really are insane.

    Why in the lord's name would Trion decide to nerf mana drains AND control this coming patch? So healers can be more op? I'm completely stunned. I honestly prefer to play weaker classes/souls because I enjoy a challenge and don't like to play a game on easymode, but there still needs to be something a weaker class can do in warfronts. I feel so pitiful right now. I literally can not touch a healer even with all my cooldowns AND a teammate or two.

    I'm really really really worried for this upcoming patch now.

    Yes, I realize clerics are getting a nerf to their PvP soul, but tbh... if I were in their situation, I would GLADLY trade that nerf for the near-immunity to crowd control and mana drains.

    I thought the nerf calls for healers in WoW was unwarranted. No, I did not play a healer then, but I still thought healers weren't needed to be nerfed. Even playing an underpowered class, I had no problems taking them down with some simple team work or timing my control abilities, but healers still got the nerf bat in WoW cause baddies complained. This isn't like WoW, healers really are ridiculous.
    Last edited by ISpeakJapanese; 05-07-2011 at 02:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ISpeakJapanese View Post
    But...

    Healers are seriously ridiculous right now. In almost all MMORPGs, people qq about healers, but I never had a problem with them in many. There are always ways to deal with them, like mana drains, stuns, silences, etc... Or just common team work, but there is no chance to kill a healer in this game. I OFTEN see healers survive 3v1 while still killing us. I also often see healers survive 3+ like 5v1, but they don't kill us in the process in that case. They just survive while waiting for reinforcements to barrel down on us.

    I am not one to complain about game balance. I usually just leave it to the devs and ignore these types of posts on the forums. That's why I seriously thought everyone was just ranting like usual, with no real means to back it up except that they died to a healer in a warfront and got pissed, but that's surprisingly not the case. Healers really are insane.

    Why in the lord's name would Trion decide to nerf mana drains AND control this coming patch? So healers can be more op? I'm completely stunned. I honestly prefer to play weaker classes/souls because I enjoy a challenge and don't like to play a game on easymode, but there still needs to be something a weaker class can do in warfronts. I feel so pitiful right now. I literally can not touch a healer even with all my cooldowns AND a teammate or two.

    I'm really really really worried for this upcoming patch now.

    Yes, I realize clerics are getting a nerf to their PvP soul, but tbh... if I were in their situation, I would GLADLY trade that nerf for the near-immunity to crowd control and mana drains.

    I thought the nerf calls for healers in WoW was unwarranted. No, I did not play a healer then, but I still thought healers weren't needed to be nerfed. Even playing an underpowered class, I had no problems taking them down with some simple team work or timing my control abilities, but healers still got the nerf bat in WoW cause baddies complained. This isn't like WoW, healers really are ridiculous.
    So you don't think the gutting of the templar tree will have an impact on those healers you saw tanking 3+ dpsers? It is not just healers, anyone specced with enough in Templar + Judicar was nearly unkillable. I am a healer and not specced in templar atm and I can not kill anyone when there are only 2 dpsers beating on me. If they have a healing debuff, they will kill me once my cooldowns are gone. They will be fine after the patch unless you expect to solo a healer.
    Last edited by daarknight; 05-07-2011 at 02:29 PM.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Stop playing Port Scion.

    Yay. now you can stop complaining about my calling

    "...But the gods of the Vigil intervened. Their messengers went among the fallen and Ascended the worthy, not for their virtue, but for their MIGHT! In you, they place their faith, their hope and their power. You are our salvation. YOU are a Guardian."

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Darker Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daarknight View Post
    They will be fine after the patch unless you expect to solo a healer.

    This is just what they want to do however. Nearly every whine post is how do I KILL the cleric, not how do I stop him healing his team so we can get the objective. How do "I" KILL the cleric (victim).

    Surely, the goal should be to stop them healing...something which healing debuffs already do. I agree, they should not be nerfing silences and cc etc. It does seem however that most dps just see healer and think victim and free kill. as in other mmos.
    Sorry, not in Rift. Whine enough though and they will be. Then good luck finding a healer in a warfront, ever.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    If you can't silence, stun, mez, root, fear, healing debuff or confuse your not going to be able to solo a healer. Yes as a healer I can laugh at 5 guys trying to kill me that can't or don't do one of the ccs above. Then one guy comes along with a healing debuff and stun and he can solo me.
    bird in cage
    bird peck on button to get food
    bird peck on button get food randomly, bird pecks constantly
    They play you like a stupid bird.
    Unfortunately that has been MMO standard operating procedure since EQ.

  6. #6
    IXI
    IXI is offline
    Plane Walker IXI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Healers always have little issue in MMORPGs. Either they get squishy and heal well and get focused, they get nerfed and suck at PvE, or have some survivability and good heals and remain OP. The problem with Rift is, taking away that survivability also is harming their PvE tanking ability. There's no real winning in this one, healers are always the golden children of MMOs. You can get by with crappy DPS and tanks, but once the healers start rolling DPS, good luck ever finding a raid or dungeon.
    It's spelled "Riftdrawal", and yeah you have it.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ISpeakJapanese View Post

    I am not one to complain about game balance. .
    Coulda fool me.

    Well good thing with2.1, bads will be able to kill clerics a little easier, while the better players can kill them just the same as they do currently.
    Last edited by Eughe; 05-07-2011 at 03:57 PM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    What? Cleric healers are overpowered? Quick, someone post a new QQ thread about chloromancers!
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daarknight View Post
    So you don't think the gutting of the templar tree will have an impact on those healers you saw tanking 3+ dpsers? It is not just healers, anyone specced with enough in Templar + Judicar was nearly unkillable. I am a healer and not specced in templar atm and I can not kill anyone when there are only 2 dpsers beating on me. If they have a healing debuff, they will kill me once my cooldowns are gone. They will be fine after the patch unless you expect to solo a healer.
    I'd like to be able to 5 man a healer in a reasonable amount of time. I don't think that is too much to ask. The only thing that allows us to do that now are silences and stuns. After patch they will all macro /s LOL into their Root Break.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    352

    Default

    I play a cleric and I can tell you a few things with absolute certainty.

    1) You're complaining about CLERICS when the problem is certain specs.

    2) The cleric that killed you and your friends 3v1 was not running the same spec as the one that survived 5v1 until his friends showed up.

    3) When the cleric killed you 3v1 you did not have a healer.

    4) There was a gear gap between you and your friends and the Cleric.

    5) You did what the cleric wanted by trying to KILL him and not his friends.

    6) This thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...m-with-clerics is something you should read.

    7) The cleric had the Sacred Heirloom of Eth (which is getting nerfed).

    8) You and your friends were NOT using CC/heal debuffs efficiently.

    9) Sorry to say, but you need to Learn To Play. I've done these things you've described and I've also been wtfpwned by at least one PLAYER from every calling many times, as in a particular person who knows what they are doing is able to kill me regularly when others can't beat me as a group.
    Last edited by Unspecified; 05-07-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    My hybrid just kicked your ***, how sad are you?

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser fervor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    My imagination
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Why in the world are you complaining about an issue that is being directly targeted in the next patch? HUGE nerfs to the main reasons why these cleric builds were so tough.

    Can't you at least wait until the patch hits before crying your head off? There are some big changes coming and until it hits live, it's really hard to tell just how things are going to work out.

    Until then, either learn to play or learn some patience.

  12. #12
    Ascendant TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fervor View Post
    Why in the world are you complaining about an issue that is being directly targeted in the next patch? HUGE nerfs to the main reasons why these cleric builds were so tough.

    Can't you at least wait until the patch hits before crying your head off? There are some big changes coming and until it hits live, it's really hard to tell just how things are going to work out.

    Until then, either learn to play or learn some patience.
    Shouldn't you be over there ======> in the cleric forums?
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser fervor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    My imagination
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Shouldn't you be over there ======> in the cleric forums?
    My main is a warrior so...

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Oh hey look. It's this thread again.

  15. #15
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeusfist View Post
    Oh hey look. It's this thread again.
    In b4 cliche' posts!


    Ah crap....
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts