+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wondering if there is an offensive soul that works like this?

Shadowlander

Default Wondering if there is an offensive soul that works like this?

Ive struggled to find a soul to play that doesnt leave me feeling like im fighting the gui.

For example, ive tried my hand at Archons, but your supercrucial buffs to watch are badly intermingled with every other buff that is on you, making them a nightmare to keep track off.

Sure you can move the buff frame to a more opportune place as well enlarge them, but it still doesnt treat the problem of actually finding them in the rapidly shifting mess of buffs on you, beside debuffs recieved making the frame jump up and down.

Every other class relying on specific shortterm buffs are then in the same situation, I miss addons from wow that lets me track only the stuff i want to know about.

Dots are also hard to deal with, since they are only displayed on the target frame, which is not where I have my attention, looking in the middle of the screen on the action, as well watching the quickframes over the heads of myself and the mobs. And having a 26 inch widescreem and playing in 1920x1080 only confounds the problem.

So my question is, is there any offensive souls that neither uses dots or shortterm buffs that requires babysitting?

In WoW I usually played a frostmage, no dots to watch, only a pet and procs to handle, as well running the rotation correctly.
    Last edited by LucianDK; 05-07-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Play a Cleric. Their melee DPS is basically standing there spamming a single macro. Nothing to watch, nothing to keep track of, just spamming one button.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

Shadowlander

Talking of shamans or druids?

Both

/10char
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

Quote Originally Posted by LucianDK View Post
    Talking of shamans or druids?
    Both in all honesty.
    Druid buffs and debuffs are automatic.
    Shaman really only has 2 short term buffs that you may want to keep track of, one of them can be placed in the attack macro so that you use it whenever its up.
    The other one may need to be micromanaged assuming you care to use it.

Warriors are vastly more complex. As you have to be either able to count to 3 or look for the little swords.

But ya, mages (and ranged clerics, healing or otherwise) need something of a rotation where you're hitting A, B, B, C, B, A, etc. some of the cool-downs can be macro'd but many you're timing DoTs and HoTs. Chloromancers have one of the easier rotations as they watch healthbars and damage targets in addition to everything else.

Bards have a ton of micro management as well. Because the have to put up the motif's pretty often and heal, and need to target mobs, and need to worry about building to 5 combo points. So while it seems easy, it's a lot of juggling.

Shadowlander

The warrior swords is not problematic to handle, what im mainly bothered by is any short term buffs you have to maintain because as stated earlier, it vanishes in the sea of buffs flooding the buffbar.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Both in all honesty.
    Druid buffs and debuffs are automatic.
    Shaman really only has 2 short term buffs that you may want to keep track of, one of them can be placed in the attack macro so that you use it whenever its up.
    The other one may need to be micromanaged assuming you care to use it.

Which buff is this second one?

Quote Originally Posted by LucianDK View Post
    Which buff is this second one?
    Vengeance of the Primal North.
    But its only a problem if you go full 51 shaman. If you do, since its only 25 second buff, and you can only have one vengeance on at the same time, once its finished, you have to put on another vengeance. So its like a back and forth every 2min.

Played both bard and assassin in raids on several occasions, never had a problem tracking buffs or debuffs, as well as switching through anthems on top of that.
    Last edited by Walsingham; 05-07-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Rude Comments

Shadowlander

Quality of life improvements is what makes or breaks an mmo. You shouldnt be fighting the gui.

since you already are a mage, just go with pyro/ele. 1 button wonder with occasional cinderburst procs.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    since you already are a mage, just go with pyro/ele. 1 button wonder with occasional cinderburst procs.
    Or he could go stormcaller and not be ****.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
    Played both bard and assassin in raids on several occasions, never had a problem tracking buffs or debuffs, as well as switching through anthems on top of that.

Go back to WoW if you want easy mode, imo.
    all i read was "I think im awesome and i think you suck, HEY GUYS LOOK IM BETTER THAN SOMEONE"

(edit) oh, and i also read that you are marrying a cartoon female, congrats! hope you two develop a lifelong bond.
    Last edited by imissdaoc; 05-07-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imissdaoc View Post
    all i read was "I think im awesome and i think you suck, HEY GUYS LOOK IM BETTER THAN SOMEONE"

(edit) oh, and i also read that you are marrying a cartoon female, congrats! hope you two develop a lifelong bond.
    All I read was "I'm a jealous scrub that thinks this game is too hard".
    Last edited by nand chan; 05-07-2011 at 12:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast