+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make Ground of Strength consume charge, and disable potions (read: immunity ones)

Soulwalker

Default Make Ground of Strength consume charge, and disable potions (read: immunity ones)

Hello!

Make it consume charge.
    Also, while in a Ground, pyros should not be able to use return damage/earthen invulnerability. It speaks for itself why.

For all the ignorant people about the 45 sec cd instakill; It requires 100% charge to use.

Making GOS require charge (even if ever so slightly) will prevent:
    • Fulminate from being casted while on GOS benefits
    • You cannot start the game with the 1k shield
    • You cannot instantly cast it at Fangs/Codex/Bridge points and be immune to all interruptions (Yes, try it).
    • It cannot be the first thing you cast before you start AOEing in invincibility mode with a cleric or two behind you (with prestige 5+)

Ok, about the fang pickup: Try it. 8/10 times you can just get shot, stunned, silenced and so on while taking points and so on. I know damage is supposed to interrupt, but GOS makes you immune to that interrupt aswell. Except spells like bash that actually do interrupt, or corrosion (I think, atleast).

Anyways, I played pyro to prestige 3 but it got so boring and it was the same on every map. There's no skill related to pyro, unless you suck at PvP and need skill to be on the same level as anyone else.
    I don't call it "skill" picking the right place to stand, or having stun-shoot-reset-root-shoot macro as skill, or aoe stunning while jumping around etc skill.
    All I see are pyros running to redball, jumping into the middle of everyone insta-casting GOS and then simply start killing people while healed.

Anyways, lowering damage with 10% and taken with 10% won't change anything, when you change the valor/role, anyone under P4 meeting P6 is exactly where they started, if not even worse (r: damage reduction).

Good luck, cya ingame and

Gg.

*Edit: By "No skill" I mean "no skill to do significant damage". The pyro breeds (dominator pyro/chloro) requires skill to perform. And it's funnier.
    Last edited by Mocile; 05-07-2011 at 07:06 AM.

Shadowlander

Thumbs up

awesome idea!

please trion read this!

Telaran

If they made it "not worth"-skill, you would be able to CC pyro and hit him ~10% harder. But pyro would deal 15% more damage cause of using GoP instead GoS. Nerfing evry skill one by one is a bad idea, ... but ofc still better than nerfing entire souls like it happened to dominator xD
    Current situation is - there are several valuable builds while majority of soul combination are not worth existing.
    Majority of abilities after 32 points are not worth skillpoints that could be better invested in another soul for passive benefits/cooldowns/tools

Your suggestion is to make one more dead ability, and Im not agree.
    Cooldown like one minute or so for it is OK, you can wisely place your turret-pyro, but consuming charge - you haveto abandon fullminate and 20% damage buff (while it alredy would reduce damage for 10%), who would ever use it?
    Last edited by Kervalen; 05-07-2011 at 09:55 AM.

I'm personally sick of skills that consume charge to use. I tend not to use them that much. I would never use GOS if they did this. Its bad enough what this community has repeatedly done to the nerfing of classes. I see nothing different between this community and WoW. Both are horrible.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Helmstead View Post
    I'm personally sick of skills that consume charge to use. I tend not to use them that much. I would never use GOS if they did this. Its bad enough what this community has repeatedly done to the nerfing of classes. I see nothing different between this community and WoW. Both are horrible.
    I'm thinking along the lines of Corrosion (you can still gain charge while in it)

GoS has already been appropriately nerfed, and on top of that the CC changes diminish its usefulness even further. No pyro is going to take a 10% damage hit, when they can increase their damage by 15% and still be immune to everything.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    GoS has already been appropriately nerfed, and on top of that the CC changes diminish its usefulness even further. No pyro is going to take a 10% damage hit, when they can increase their damage by 15% and still be immune to everything.
    Exactly. At this point you can remove GoS from the game entirely, good pyros won't be using it come 1.2 for much of anything. Congrats, you got it nerfed. Too bad fulminate is going to hit you for 15% more now.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mocile View Post
    Hello!

Make it consume charge.
    make it delete the player account, maybe you rabid nerfer would be satisfed...

gos has already been nerfed into an worthless skill, it just reduce the mage damage without giving any benefit.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    gos has already been nerfed into an worthless skill, it just reduce the mage damage without giving any benefit.
    What the hell is wrong with? Do you even read what you type? Ever???

Totally unnecessary. People undersstimate the effects of the changes that are about to go live. CC immunity will be much less powerful than before because CC will be much less powerful than before. Furthermore, 10% cuts to both damage and defense is a very large hit; Valor doesnt need to be taken into equation at all because it works both ways. You can see it as a no reduction in damage if you want, but by that math, there's been a 20%+ cut in damage, and thatll affect a GoS'd Pyro ability to burst immensely.

I believe 1.2 will see the emergence of Pyros picking GoP over GoS already as it is. Once people have seen this in-game, the complaints will move to Clerics, no doubt.

Plane Touched

Stop crying about GoS & use your purges like good PVPers are suppose to. After today, you'll have no excuses as everyone has easy access to purges & GoS is purgable.

edit: Wrong thread
    Last edited by Vaine; 05-09-2011 at 04:37 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Valamyr View Post
    Totally unnecessary. People undersstimate the effects of the changes that are about to go live. CC immunity will be much less powerful than before because CC will be much less powerful than before. Furthermore, 10% cuts to both damage and defense is a very large hit; Valor doesnt need to be taken into equation at all because it works both ways. You can see it as a no reduction in damage if you want, but by that math, there's been a 20%+ cut in damage, and thatll affect a GoS'd Pyro ability to burst immensely.

I believe 1.2 will see the emergence of Pyros picking GoP over GoS already as it is. Once people have seen this in-game, the complaints will move to Clerics, no doubt.
    Nice to see someone gets it. Unfortunately though, GoP will mean that the complaints about pyro will continue as they have been. The only difference is that 1.2 will bring more things to complain about with it.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

+ Reply to Thread