+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TRION: Soul defining abilities need to be undispellable!

Default TRION: Soul defining abilities need to be undispellable!

With all the purge type abilities coming in 1.2 and the ones already on live, soul defining abilities really need to be undispellable.

I'm fine with good buffs that get removed if someone takes the time to remove them. I can put them back up. But things like LGV for Chloro's (which is one of my specs) is fairly costly on the mana pool and has a 15 second CD. This being removed really breaks the class as I'm sure could be said about other callings/souls. If 'purge' type abilities were very limited this wouldn't be a problem, but with 1.2 incoming I don't see LGV being up very long at all if there's an enemy within range.

'Purge' type abilities are not a good replacement for CC abilities. They definitely should not be as numerous as they are going to be in 1.2.

Please give soul defining abilities the protection they need!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius1 View Post
    With all the purge type abilities coming in 1.2 and the ones already on live, soul defining abilities really need to be undispellable.

I'm fine with good buffs that get removed if someone takes the time to remove them. I can put them back up. But things like LGV for Chloro's (which is one of my specs) is fairly costly on the mana pool and has a 15 second CD. This being removed really breaks the class as I'm sure could be said about other callings/souls. If 'purge' type abilities were very limited this wouldn't be a problem, but with 1.2 incoming I don't see LGV being up very long at all if there's an enemy within range.

'Purge' type abilities are not a good replacement for CC abilities. They definitely should not be as numerous as they are going to be in 1.2.

Please give soul defining abilities the protection they need!
    While you're at it please fix the 'cloudy poison' bug that has been reported for OVER a month already. This bugged poison gives bloom and flourish a cast time and has still not been fixed, even know developers have acknowledged it.
    Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Pixystyx View Post
    While you're at it please fix the 'cloudy poison' bug that has been reported for OVER a month already. This bugged poison gives bloom and flourish a cast time and has still not been fixed, even know developers have acknowledged it.
    While I wish they would do this, I don't believe they will. Bloom and Flourish have always had a casting time, and the talent simply lowers that time. It doesn't actually make it an instant spell. The spellcasting speed debuff is factored in before the talent, so it causes the spell to still have a .25 second casting time or something close to that.

I think it's BS personally, but Trion has been reluctant to do anything about it or comment on it.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    While I wish they would do this, I don't believe they will. Bloom and Flourish have always had a casting time, and the talent simply lowers that time. It doesn't actually make it an instant spell. The spellcasting speed debuff is factored in before the talent, so it causes the spell to still have a .25 second casting time or something close to that.

I think it's BS personally, but Trion has been reluctant to do anything about it or comment on it.
    I already said in my previous post that they have commented on it and have acknowledged it was a bug, your math is incorrect, as it is an instant cast spell. Talents are calculated before the poison, not after, and that is why the bug is happening.
    Sky

What's with the incredibly biased and false signature? I bet you don't think there's a single buff that warriors or rogues should get protected.

Ascendant

2.0 * 1.25 = 2.5 - 2 = 0.5

if bloom and flourish were truly "instant cast" they wouldnt consume the Opportunity charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post

if bloom and flourish were truly "instant cast" they wouldnt consume the Opportunity charge.
    I already said in my previous post that they have commented on it and have acknowledged it was a bug, your math is incorrect, as it is an instant cast spell. Talents are calculated before the poison, not after, and that is why the bug is happening.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

They have also commented on that bug as well, idiot.

Then I stand pleasantly corrected and hope Trion gets off their *** and fixes it along with the multitude of other bugs mages put up with
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Champion of Telara

This is very interesting. I often play chloro and just figured that this was the intended behaviour.

I actually would like this to stay how it is, even though it negatively affects me. It makes an otherwise useless poison actually somewhat effective in some limited situations.

It also adds to the complexity of pvp combat, giving one more thing skilled pvpers will look out for an pay attention to.

I say keep it how it is!
    Last edited by Snyrf; 05-06-2011 at 07:15 AM. Reason: typo

Telaran

Its all about how devs want this to work.
    Chloro - Bloom and flourish improvements gives reduced cast time in certain seconds.
    Pyromancer`s roots improvement work with % of cast time.
    And Dominators squrrel improvements just says that it reduce cast time to zero.

And, by the way, your math could be wrong.
    (2.0-2.0)*1.25 = 0
    We are not people who can judge if it works as intended. Someone said he bugreported about that issue and got answer like "Yes, it`s a bug and would be repaired"... But they still couldnt repair some bugs, which I suppose came from alpha/beta test period. Just because noone complain about it. Did you know that all this time pyro`s circles gives manaregen to all mages (and mb clerics) who stand on it, not only single pyro.
    Last edited by Kervalen; 05-06-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervalen View Post
    Its all about how devs want this to work.
    Chloro - Bloom and flourish improvements gives reduced cast time in certain seconds.
    Pyromancer`s roots improvement work with % of cast time.
    And Dominators squrrel improvements just says that it reduce cast time to zero.

And, by the way, your math could be wrong.
    (2.0-2.0)*1.25 = 0
    We are not people who can judge if it works as intended. Someone said he bugreported about that issue and got answer like "Yes, it`s a bug and would be repaired"... But they still couldnt repair some bugs, which I suppose came from alpha/beta test period. Just because noone complain about it. Did you know that all this time pyro`s circles gives manaregen to all mages (and mb clerics) who stand on it, not only single pyro.
    Trion has proven for some time now that they don't fix bugs in a timely manner unless people are screaming bloody murder about it everywhere, or it's being abused heavily. The 1h/2h exploit was hotfixed within days of being leaked, and the armor pen bugs were known back in beta but weren't fixed until it's abuse came to a head when 1.1 was released.

Ascendant

personally i believe the reduction was in seconds rather than percentage so that it would interact with cast time increasers exactly how it is now.

unfortunately this also puts bloom and flourish in a weird category of being non-instant instant cast abilities, thus eating my opportunity procs.

The first class I leveled was Justicar. So I'm well aware of what it's like to lose all your healing capabilities with two dispellable buffs. It's a pain as a Chloro as well. A healer fights is always challenge and I find fighting an Inq hybrid especially tough due to the fact that they can strip lgv.

But along with the others, I'm certainly not looking to be invincible. I just want to know what's working as intended. We can adapt and adjust our playstyles. I still find Chloro/Lock and extremely strong combination.

Prophet of Telara

I agree, fix Cloudy Poison by making it something useful. 95% of the spells in this game are insta anyway, cast times hardly matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast