+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: What will it take?

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    34

    Angry What will it take?

    To balance classes in this game? Melee right now is terrible. Less damage, less survivability, and less utility = less subscriptions for Trion. Why are warriors forced to spec BM to do decent raid damage? When will the dependance on SLI be looked at? Nine warrior souls and I have no choices when maximizing my character. If I wanted to play a cookie-cutter warrior I would play WoW.

    How exactly are melee classes supposed to compete in PvP? Clerics are next to impossible to kill and mages have FAR too much survivability and damage for melee souls to be effective. Pyros are more OP than sabos, champs, and rbs ever were. Funny thing is they AREN"T the best mage! There seems to be a clear bias going on with 1.1 and 1.2. I don't want another Warhammer. So I ask again, what will it take to get the devs attention and bring to light that being outclassed in every aspect of the game is not fun.

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara Mr Malingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Odd, you say you want a balanced game and than only talk about Warriors. Are you implying the only thing imbalanced in this game is Warriors?

    Or is this a thread where you pretend to be interested in a balanced game but what you really want is your character to get buffed?
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    Odd, you say you want a balanced game and than only talk about Warriors. Are you implying the only thing imbalanced in this game is Warriors?

    Or is this a thread where you pretend to be interested in a balanced game but what you really want is your character to get buffed?
    Warrior is what I play so I can't comment too much on other melee specs. NBs, sins, and BDs are welcome to post in this thread as well. However if you actually read the post you would see that I also call clerics and mages unbalanced. What is your point exactly in flaming me?

  4. #4
    Plane Walker mewKelliemew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England (UK)
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadicus View Post
    Warrior is what I play so I can't comment too much on other melee specs. NBs, sins, and BDs are welcome to post in this thread as well. However if you actually read the post you would see that I also call clerics and mages unbalanced. What is your point exactly in flaming me?
    you say "clerics" are next to un-killable, but in reality you are talking about the Templar soul, not the general cleric class. If i go in to Pvp with a standard raid or instance healing spec, as a "cleric" you die in under 5 seconds with One warrior on you, with healing Debuffs. Or you can just be Saped by a rogue while people around you die.

    its not "Clerics" that are the problem, its one soul in conjunction with others.
    Kellie:.
    .:Veteran member | Precept
    Youtube

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara Mr Malingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadicus View Post
    Warrior is what I play so I can't comment too much on other melee specs. NBs, sins, and BDs are welcome to post in this thread as well. However if you actually read the post you would see that I also call clerics and mages unbalanced. What is your point exactly in flaming me?
    Because you clearly have little understanding of the game outside of the sphere of your character.
    How do you know how the game is imbalanced and what is needed to fix it when all you know is your character?
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara Jawsnap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    766

    Default

    I play Champ, you must be doing it wrong, because I wreck face in. o.O

    Edit: I also play a Mage, and whilst I do agree Mages are really quite OP, if you play the Warrior right - they can be just as hard to beat as Mages. Warrior is all about timing if you ask me - Mages (especially warlock/necro/chloro) is about dotting up and void spamming... makes them easier to play, sure, but the Warrior is much more intricate.
    Last edited by Jawsnap; 05-05-2011 at 10:16 PM.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    Because you clearly have little understanding of the game outside of the sphere of your character.
    How do you know how the game is imbalanced and what is needed to fix it when all you know is your character?
    Go spam fireballs somewhere else Mr. Pyro.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jawsnap View Post
    I play Champ, you must be doing it wrong, because I wreck face in. o.O

    Edit: I also play a Mage, and whilst I do agree Mages are really quite OP, if you play the Warrior right - they can be just as hard to beat as Mages. Warrior is all about timing if you ask me - Mages (especially warlock/necro/chloro) is about dotting up and void spamming... makes them easier to play, sure, but the Warrior is much more intricate.
    How well do you do in 50 premades as a champ? Better question, why would the pocket healer champ needs heal you instead of a mage? Getting two shot has nothing to do with timing or intricacy. Besides, depending on SLI at all times and BM for PvE is neither interesting or fun.
    Last edited by chadicus; 05-05-2011 at 11:09 PM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mewKelliemew View Post
    If i go in to Pvp with a standard raid or instance healing spec, as a "cleric" you die in under 5 seconds with One warrior on you, with healing Debuffs.
    Only if you really, really, and I mean REALLY suck at this game.

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer Ninjahax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadicus View Post
    Go spam fireballs somewhere else Mr. Pyro.
    He uses logic in his argument and you dismiss it with name calling. There isn't even any evidence as to whether he does or doesn't play pyro. You clearly have nothing better to say to support your argument if you have to resort to that.

  11. #11
    Ascendant TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Until the underlying problem in the game (additive math mechanics) is fixed, it will be difficult to balance classes without causing massive shifts in power from one end of the spectrum to another.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    146

    Default

    I roll a Mage and it's pretty common for melee rogues to kill me in one combo that takes them 5 seconds or less. And once the cc changes hit warriors are gonna be hard to keep off of me. I am not sayin it's OP, just that lumping all melee together and saying they are all UP is too simplistic to be taken seriously.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts