+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: One Class ... Just One Class

  1. #1
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    622

    Default One Class ... Just One Class

    As far as I could find. Only one class the MM has the purge. You also have to go deep into MM to get it 44pts iirc.

    MM is not a popular class to play. There are not many of them. How is giving ONE class, that being a pryo or any other soul would be better, something useful a bad thing?

  2. #2
    Ascendant Indasoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post
    As far as I could find. Only one class the MM has the purge. You also have to go deep into MM to get it 44pts iirc.

    MM is not a popular class to play. There are not many of them. How is giving ONE class, that being a pryo or any other soul would be better, something useful a bad thing?
    I don't even know what you're trying to say...

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Perhaps because it's not a popular class and Pyro's already have enough tools to destroy most opponents (groups) they come across?

  4. #4
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Infiltrator has Sleight of Hand, Inquisitor has Purge, Necro has Consumption, and Void Knight has Spell Sunder. Looks like every class has a Purge-like ability. I guess I don't get your question; were you asking for a Pyro buff?

  5. #5
    Plane Touched Nibbler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post
    As far as I could find. Only one class the MM has the purge. You also have to go deep into MM to get it 44pts iirc.

    MM is not a popular class to play. There are not many of them. How is giving ONE class, that being a pryo or any other soul would be better, something useful a bad thing?
    What? Not a popular class?

    You seen the forum lately? Ppl want to want to play it as a main.

    Many ppl don't like playing ranged while depending on a pet. The problem was that MM was outclassed by ranger, so they had to play that.

    Now with the buffs, many ppl will go MM instead if it's going to be a viable class compared to Ranger.
    I'd be extremely happy to ditch ranger and go pure ranged without having to rely on a pet for DPS.

    My build for AOE in 1.2 will still be the ranger as a main, and probably MM for bosses/PVP.

  6. #6
    Champion Lifeisdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    I don't even know what you're trying to say...
    He wants pyro to have a spammable buff stripper so that people will want to play them. Pyro right now is horribly lacking in everything.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Uiin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisdeath View Post
    He wants pyro to have a spammable buff stripper so that people will want to play them. Pyro right now is horribly lacking in everything.


    /10lols

  8. #8
    Ascendant TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    No, I think he's trying to curb the rapidly building "nerf MM purge" posts that are complaining that the MM burff shear is OP and attempting to defend it staying the way it is in 1.2. It's just very poorly worded.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-05-2011 at 06:55 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

  9. #9
    Ascendant Indasoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisdeath View Post
    He wants pyro to have a spammable buff stripper so that people will want to play them. Pyro right now is horribly lacking in everything.
    Oh, I see. So the OP is a...well, I don't want to get banned.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Xvvt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    No, I think he's trying to curb the rapidly building "nerf MM purge" posts that are complaining that the MM burff shear is OP and attempting to defend it staying the way it is in 1.2. It's just very poorly worded.
    I guess I can't blame him, the purge is going to make MMs incredibly dominant in pvp. I guess let them have their fun even though I will be on the recieving end of it.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Kaladai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Granada
    Posts
    909

    Default

    ARCHMAGE [PvP]
    * Lethargy: Removed.
    * Degeneration - New Ability: Channels dark energy into the enemy player, dealing Death damage over 3 seconds and removing a single buff effect from the target each second. 30 second cooldown. This ability is obtained after spending 10 points in Archmage.

    Read the PTS Patch notes.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple snekadid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    143

    Default

    I think i had a aneurysm trying to read the OP, i blacked out, woke up, there was blood on the desk and i think someone stole my wallet..... I will try to respond with what you guys have tried to translate.

    for mm purge: Its a cool idea and if it has a cool down at launch of at least a few seconds than its great. if there isn't a cool down i can see that being really abusive really fast but it will be funny for a few days.

    against mm purge: ahem... to hell with pyro and the horse they rode in on. thank you.<walks away from podium>.

    Im truthfully looking forward to the patch, i bought the game with the intention of playing MM and saw red during head start when it became all but unplayable due to across the board nerfs rather than measured decline. Id rather not be a FOTM though, last thing i need is to be cried at because my favorite class is suddenly good.

    now to hunt down that hobo with my wallet! with crossbow on horseback! the way hunting was meant to be!
    Last edited by snekadid; 05-05-2011 at 11:28 AM.
    THE TRANSITION TO REAL LIFE
    PVP:I joined the military to snipe some punks but everyone cries too much when i team kill.>_<
    PVE:so I decided to go hunting, which was pretty fun till i accidentally right clicked a critter, freaking little girl wouldn't stop crying about her cat.
    Crafting:bug report: fix the wood nodes! they aren't sparkly so i cant find them!

  13. #13
    Sword of Telara Krazybojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snekadid View Post
    I think i had a aneurysm trying to read the OP, i blacked out, woke up, there was blood on the desk and i think someone stole my wallet..... I will try to respond with what you guys have tried to translate.

    for mm purge: Its a cool idea and if it has a cool down at launch of at least a few seconds than its great. if there isn't a cool down i can see that being really abusive really fast but it will be funny for a few days.

    against mm purge: ahem... to hell with pyro and the horse they rode in on. thank you.<walks away from podium>.

    Im truthfully looking forward to the patch, i bought the game with the intention of playing MM and saw red during head start when it became all but unplayable due to across the board nerfs rather than measured decline. Id rather not be a FOTM though, last thing i need is to be cried at because my favorite class is suddenly good.

    now to hunt down that hobo with my wallet! with crossbow on horseback! the way hunting was meant to be!
    You realize there are other mage specs besides pyro? All these purges make Chloro useless unless Trion finally gets off their *** and makes LGV undispellable just like they did with faith in action and similar melee Cleric buffs. Also, most mage specs rely heavily on long CDs all of which are dispellable and with the CC changes most Mage builds are becoming useless. Essentially Trions just pigeonholed many more mages into Pyro as Burst>CC and too many of our builds are going to suffer from being constantly purged.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple snekadid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Can you read? that was a direct response to what some think the OP was saying and pyro was the example. Truthfully they didn't, as GOS is purge able and without it pyros are squishier than most.

    secondly, thats why i said it needs a cooldown, AND any time they are dispelling is time they are not hitting.
    Last edited by snekadid; 05-05-2011 at 11:58 AM.
    THE TRANSITION TO REAL LIFE
    PVP:I joined the military to snipe some punks but everyone cries too much when i team kill.>_<
    PVE:so I decided to go hunting, which was pretty fun till i accidentally right clicked a critter, freaking little girl wouldn't stop crying about her cat.
    Crafting:bug report: fix the wood nodes! they aren't sparkly so i cant find them!

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    ARCHMAGE [PvP]
    * Lethargy: Removed.
    * Degeneration - New Ability: Channels dark energy into the enemy player, dealing Death damage over 3 seconds and removing a single buff effect from the target each second. 30 second cooldown. This ability is obtained after spending 10 points in Archmage.

    Read the PTS Patch notes.
    THIS

    OP fail post is fail
    Last edited by Fizbini; 05-05-2011 at 12:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts