+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: One Class ... Just One Class

Plane Walker

If the other purges were also 44pts into the soul then i could see a reason for it being op. But they aren't even coming close so the new MM one SHOULD be more powerful than the purges you can get for 10 or less pts.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    At least marksmen wont be able to aoe heal debuff and aoe cast time increase AND purge all at the same time.

Because its already the most popular rogue spec in my warfront group for pvp by a long shot, and either of those poison procs on a 35 ft range basically cripple a chloro/X mage out of the game altogether.

Hopefully it has a cooldown, because i dont think i need to explain the obvious - 2 buff purges on a class with 1s GCD != purges on classes with 1.5s GCD. Much less opportunity cost to the guys who play in Bullet Time.

Has anyone tried a somewhat heavy archon in pvp yet? AoE purge on no cooldown(w/ cast time) seems so very abusable. Ive been meaning to try it but the spec is just so squishy with the self debuffs.
    Archon is rubbish in PVP, and even in a premade it's not that great. Not enough damage or suvivability to warrant playing one.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by XEshamX View Post
    If the other purges were also 44pts into the soul then i could see a reason for it being op. But they aren't even coming close so the new MM one SHOULD be more powerful than the purges you can get for 10 or less pts.
    Um, no. Being able to shear 60 buffs in the time it would take another class to shear 6 is OP. If class defining buffs are made undispellable, then it'd be no big deal, but right now they're not.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-06-2011 at 07:31 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Um, no. Being able to shear 60 buffs in the time it would take another class to shear 6 is OP. If class defining buffs are made undispellable, then it'd be no big deal, but right now they're not.
    Where did this 60 number come from? Archmage gets one thats on a 30 second cooldown. MM's are hampered by a 1 sec GCD. So they could in theory do 30 in the same time another class does 3. But thats only if a class just sat there purging none stop. Cherry picking information is not a good way to make a proper comparison either. 30 seconds is the longest cooldown out of any purges.

Do you play an MM? Do you know how low their damage is and the amount of movement they require to play?

Plus its still on PTS and not live so it will probably be changed regardless.
    Last edited by XEshamX; 05-06-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Ascendant

Where did this 60 number come from? Archmage gets one thats on a 30 second cooldown. MM's are hampered by a 1 sec GCD. So they could in theory do 30 in the same time another class does 3. But thats only if a class just sat there purging none stop. Cherry picking information is not a good way to make a proper comparison either. 30 seconds is the longest cooldown out of any purges.

Do you play an MM? Do you know how low their damage is and the amount of movement they require to play?

60 in the same time, unless its been changed each cast of the MM one eats two buffs not one.

consumption is 1 buff every 5s, in that time a MM could kill 10 buffs(making it far more likely that an important buff, like GoS or LGV, is removed)

I can't tell if you're trying to troll me or not. So many people do it these days.

Yeah, as Cal was kind enough to point out, read his post.

And yeah, I played an MM for most of beta, so I'm aware how bad they've sucked pre 1.2. It's why I don't play one anymore.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-06-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Plane Walker

/eyeroll

Haven't personally seen the ability yet, but I'd wager that like most rogue skills, it costs 30 energy. If that's the case, it means a rogue is most certainly *NOT* going to pop it 30 times in 30 seconds. Ergo, *NOT* strip 60 buffs in 30 seconds as someone mentioned earlier in this thread.

That being said, a debuffing MM is also not going to be doing much in the way of damage while he's spamming said ability. And I'd wager that any MM with any skill would be far more dangerous throwing out damage than spamming a buff strip like a pseudo-trained monkey.

Please refrain from using asinine numerical ratios to try and insinuate an ability, gained only at 44 points into a soul no less, is OP.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    At least marksmen wont be able to aoe heal debuff and aoe cast time increase AND purge all at the same time.

Because its already the most popular rogue spec in my warfront group for pvp by a long shot, and either of those poison procs on a 35 ft range basically cripple a chloro/X mage out of the game altogether.

Hopefully it has a cooldown, because i dont think i need to explain the obvious - 2 buff purges on a class with 1s GCD != purges on classes with 1.5s GCD. Much less opportunity cost to the guys who play in Bullet Time.

Has anyone tried a somewhat heavy archon in pvp yet? AoE purge on no cooldown(w/ cast time) seems so very abusable. Ive been meaning to try it but the spec is just so squishy with the self debuffs.
    I heard that Rogue debuffs are easily dispellable. But that would involve clicking a button and/or speccing into something more than heal-spamming.

true, i dont see any of the mages crying in this thread to make poisons<something that doesnt make any sense to dispel> unpurgeable. I would love to meet a guardian MM running around a WF trying to dispel 60 buffs in 30 seconds, because sure, i wont have poisons, but i bet he dies first and then they go right back up and im at or near full health, meanwhile mages have multiple purges and they purge and regen mana or do damage.

Cry me a river, i need to paddle my boat downtown.
    THE TRANSITION TO REAL LIFE
    PVP:I joined the military to snipe some punks but everyone cries too much when i team kill.>_<
    PVE:so I decided to go hunting, which was pretty fun till i accidentally right clicked a critter, freaking little girl wouldn't stop crying about her cat.
    Crafting:bug report: fix the wood nodes! they aren't sparkly so i cant find them!

Quote Originally Posted by snekadid View Post
    true, i dont see any of the mages crying in this thread to make poisons<something that doesnt make any sense to dispel> unpurgeable. I would love to meet a guardian MM running around a WF trying to dispel 60 buffs in 30 seconds, because sure, i wont have poisons, but i bet he dies first and then they go right back up and im at or near full health, meanwhile mages have multiple purges and they purge and regen mana or do damage.

Cry me a river, i need to paddle my boat downtown.
    Are you comparing poisons to class defining buffs? LGV and Justicar buffs ARE the class. Poisons are just the icing on the cake for rogues.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

Rift Disciple

being isntant and no cd would be bad enogh if it only removed 1 buff but it apears to remove 2

After giving it some thought, I recind my "nerf MM buff shear" stance. MM's will be pretty much the anti everything (but warriors) spec going forward. 2 minute cooldown hero rogues capping objectives in WF's will get *****, clerics will get bent over the desk, and most mages shouldn't even be much issue if the MM knows what he's doing.

Time to dust off my rogue alt. The MM nerfs in beta was the only reason I even went mage to begin with.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-07-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    Are you comparing poisons to class defining buffs? LGV and Justicar buffs ARE the class. Poisons are just the icing on the cake for rogues.
    how are poisons/weapon enchants any less class defining to assassin or nightblade? they have multiple talents based exclusivly around the procing of them. Its how rogues get their debuffs around and how they proc talents. It seems like your looking at it from a very center of the universe perspective since you dont see a problem with other classes losing their class defining buffs<every incarnation of assassin in pretty much every game has been based around poison> but cry foul when turn about becomes fair play.
    THE TRANSITION TO REAL LIFE
    PVP:I joined the military to snipe some punks but everyone cries too much when i team kill.>_<
    PVE:so I decided to go hunting, which was pretty fun till i accidentally right clicked a critter, freaking little girl wouldn't stop crying about her cat.
    Crafting:bug report: fix the wood nodes! they aren't sparkly so i cant find them!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3