+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Give all souls viable specs?

Telaran

Default Give all souls viable specs?

When Will Trion actually look at each soul instead of entire class so that each soul combination is viable in raids?

I hate how mages are forced to go into sc/ele and other classes are forced into one cookie cutter spec.

What's the point of having so many different soul and combinations when only 1 is viable?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxius117 View Post
    When Will Trion actually look at each soul instead of entire class so that each soul combination is viable in raids?

I hate how mages are forced to go into sc/ele and other classes are forced into one cookie cutter spec.

What's the point of having so many different soul and combinations when only 1 is viable?
    Signed and double signed .. Makes a mokery of all them nice shiney souls they make avaliable if you get some pigeonholed. But then I would to be fair have to say the same for Rogues, Clerics and Warriors.

Overall there needs to be a huge revamp to make it viable, but I think you could get away with a little bit of flixibility depending on your guild. If yo uare in a hardcore raid guild then there is the pressure to comply with cookie cutting.

I think its a joke also that a majority of 51 point builds are worthless ,, whats the point of investing so high into a tree should you wish to do o without being able to reap some sort of reward for that level of point expenditure.

Shadowlander

Even if they make every spec 'viable' for raiding there will always be those 1 or 2 specs for each class that will be better than the rest, and what raid leader would want to take a player using a less than optimum spec to a raid, when they could bring people who spec "correctly" and have a much smoother run?

If you're actually asking Trion to make it so there is no spec that's better than the rest and they're all perfectly equal, that's a whole different (and entirely impossible) request.

Sorry, it doesn't work like that. It's players forcing not Trion.
    There will always be a "best" soul combo, and people who min max will insist you play it. Even if the one you think is more fun only does 50 less dps.

Ya, some souls could be closer in effectiveness but even after that happened there will still be the cookie cutter.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

You're not forced to go into any spec, maybe your guild forces you but that's not Trion's fault. You can down all the bosses with any number of different combinations, some (like Dominator) might not actually be useful but that doesn't mean you have to go 1 spec to beat everything. Ohhhh... are you talking about top DPS spec.

This is a reason why Parsers are bad. Just because Spec A > Spec B doesn't mean Spec A is the only damn spec that can be used in that fight. Mages don't HAVE to go SC/Ele, I raid as Pyro/Ele and I have guildies that raid as Necro/Lock, and we still kill bosses. OMG, what did I just say? We killed bosses with something other than Spec A. Some people aren't good with Spec A and will do more with Spec B, C, D, or E than they ever could with A. Not Trions fault you think top DPS Spec is the only spec that can down things.

Ascendant

Keep dreaming. They are having enough problems balancing callings. There are way too many specs to expect them all to be balanced.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    Sorry, it doesn't work like that. It's players forcing not Trion.
    There will always be a "best" soul combo, and people who min max will insist you play it. Even if the one you think is more fun only does 50 less dps.

Ya, some souls could be closer in effectiveness but even after that happened there will still be the cookie cutter.
    Exactly, but people will whine and complain and expect a plethora of possible soul combinations to be within 1% dps of each other somehow on all boss fights, despite variable boss mechanics, time on boss, movement required, etc. Developing an MMO is the equivalent of scrubbing your face with a steel brush.
    Trion isn't forcing you to play any spec, they aren't even forcing you to play the game at all. If your guild min/maxes (like many do) then it's your guilds fault for forcing you do be the single build that does the most dps. There will always be a top dps spec. If the idea of min/maxing doesn't sound good to you, I don't think raiding and MMOs in general are a match.
    Last edited by Bruin; 05-05-2011 at 01:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread