+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where's my invisibility?

Default Where's my invisibility?

Someone promised me that as soon as bards got rez, mages could have invisibility! :P
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

I don't see why dominator shouldn't get one at 38+ points spent.

It doesn't have to be anything amazing, but since half our skills are redundant, we could use some extra utility to better deliver what's left of what we can do.

10 second invis, 100% speed, breaks when using a skill or when hit by a non-DOT AE, 1 minute cooldown.

why not?
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Dom's going to need more than invisibility to make that soul do anything but suck.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Someone promised me that as soon as bards got rez, mages could have invisibility! :P
    We don't have healing (and don't even dare saying bard can heal )

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
    We don't have healing (and don't even dare saying bard can heal )
    Oh come on now, bard healing has saved my backside a time or two in PVE. Besides, we can't tank, and you think you can't heal. Are we even?

Dom's going to need more than invisibility to make that soul do anything but suck.
    It's a start though. Couldn't tell you how many times I've had to overextend to drop CC on something and then not have a way to get out. Could use it to run past the enemy frontline and position beside or behind their back for more CC fun.

I'm kind of looking for the silver lining here, but the guy that needs to be CC'd is often the guy furthest away from the fight. Hopefully that means his timer won't have been tripped by morons and their stuns. If I had an invis to get back there? Squirrel, wrench, squirrel, degeneration, (squirrel his friend), wrench? That's gonna put a hurt on a cleric.

No, not the same kind I can put on them now, but functional given the new environment.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    It's a start though. Couldn't tell you how many times I've had to overextend to drop CC on something and then not have a way to get out. Could use it to run past the enemy frontline and position beside or behind their back for more CC fun.

I'm kind of looking for the silver lining here, but the guy that needs to be CC'd is often the guy furthest away from the fight. Hopefully that means his timer won't have been tripped by morons and their stuns. If I had an invis to get back there? Squirrel, wrench, squirrel, degeneration, (squirrel his friend), wrench? That's gonna put a hurt on a cleric.

No, not the same kind I can put on them now, but functional given the new environment.
    True enough, though it's likely with the cc immunity changes that if you don't get someone back there to help you kill said cleric, it will all be for naught.

Oh come on now, bard healing has saved my backside a time or two in PVE. Besides, we can't tank, and you think you can't heal. Are we even?
    Your support is still better than ours.
    Your healing is still better than ours.
    Your damage is still better than ours.
    We tank, you don't.

Hell, I'd do anything to swap your healing for our tank soul .

You can do 5k-10k crit in 1 hit, we need to do alot of lower hits for that meaning mage needs 1 lucky shot, rogue needs to stay away from that 1 shot. Which is easier, you tell me?

Your support is still better than ours.
    Your healing is still better than ours.
    Your damage is still better than ours.
    We tank, you don't.

Hell, I'd do anything to swap your healing for our tank soul .

Support wise, seems to me bards and archons bring about the same amount of goodness to a raid. Plus, raids have good reason to bring more than 1 bard, where archons will never have more than 1.

You can do 5k-10k crit in 1 hit, we need to do alot of lower hits for that meaning mage needs 1 lucky shot, rogue needs to stay away from that 1 shot. Which is easier, you tell me?
    Ok, let's try to be fair and look at it objectively.

Our healing is better, granted. At least on the tank it is. AOE healing, that I'm not so sure we beat you on. You also have better cooldown heals from my understanding too, but without talking to my guild bard I can't be 100% sure on that.

On damage, that depends. Our pyro pvp damage is way better, and our AOE stormcaller damage is certainly better, but your single target pve damage is better than almost all of our DPS specs. Sc/ele comes close, might be slightly better. (assuming both parties have equal gear ratings) Granted it depends on the boss fight in question, but still. Rogue pve dps has gotten good, at least for the rogues that are...well, good.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-05-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Support wise, seems to me bards and archons bring about the same amount of goodness to a raid. Plus, raids have good reason to bring more than 1 bard, where archons will never have more than 1.

Don't know why but it wouldn't let me edit in that part.

Ok, let's try to be fair and look at it objectively.

Our healing is better, granted. At least on the tank it is. AOE healing, that I'm not so sure we beat you on. You also have better cooldown heals from my understanding too, but without talking to my guild bard I can't be 100% sure on that.

On damage, that depends. Our pyro pvp damage is way better, and our AOE stormcaller damage is certainly better, but your single target pve damage is better than almost all of our DPS specs. Sc/ele comes close, might be slightly better. (assuming both parties have equal gear ratings) Granted it depends on the boss fight in question, but still. Rogue pve dps has gotten good, at least for the rogues that are...well, good.
    Trust me, your healing is better overal xD.

Our max heal AOE is 900-1100. We also need to stand 20m from a mob boss (gets us killed alot).
    Imho, for bard, they really should remove the healing and make the buffs equal or better than a mage.
    Also Increase our damage because it's so laughable now.

Bard is only good if you want to constantly spam your motifs, that's it. And I'm telling you, there's isnt anything more boring than that.
    Sure we use Cadence in the meanwhile to 'heal' but it's so low at 50, it almost doesn't help.

Trust me, your healing is better overal xD.

Our max heal AOE is 900-1100. We also need to stand 20m from a mob boss (gets us killed alot).
    Imho, for bard, they really should remove the healing and make the buffs equal or better than a mage.
    Also Increase our damage because it's so laughable now.

Bard is only good if you want to constantly spam your motifs, that's it. And I'm telling you, there's isnt anything more boring than that.
    Sure we use Cadence in the meanwhile to 'heal' but it's so low at 50, it almost doesn't help.
    I think if bards have anything to complain about (archons too for that matter) it's that the buff duration is way too damn short. 25 seconds? My god. You'd have to have OCD to be able to keep those things running. I thought I had it bad at 5 minutes

Would be nice if the buffs were just 30-60 minutes like everyone else's buffs.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-05-2011 at 03:43 AM.

That was actually my first thought. We want invis!
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    That was actually my first thought. We want invis!
    If it comforts you, I don't want to see mages either ;)

J/K.

If it comforts you, I don't want to see mages either ;)

J/K.
    lol, well played sir.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast