+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Haven't played an MMO in a while

Soulwalker

Default Haven't played an MMO in a while

Hey guys I stopped playing WoW about 2 years ago and my old comp couldn't handle any newer MMOs. I just am wondering what class I should play, I remember in WoW my favorite was a druid because it could do alittle of everything, yet I believe that every calling can do alittle of everything, so I'm at a loss, help?

Clerics are the only one that can do everything.

Shadowlander

Don't waste your time on this game. If you''ve been away from wow for over 2 years, there's plenty of newer and better content to explore there now. This game is marginal, at best, and doesn't offer much, unless you are totally burned out on wow and desperate for change of pace which you are not.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ministry View Post
    Don't waste your time on this game. If you''ve been away from wow for over 2 years, there's plenty of newer and better content to explore there now. This game is marginal, at best, and doesn't offer much, unless you are totally burned out on wow and desperate for change of pace which you are not.
    I asked for advice not butthurt.

Quote Originally Posted by AcousticBanditx View Post
    Hey guys I stopped playing WoW about 2 years ago and my old comp couldn't handle any newer MMOs. I just am wondering what class I should play, I remember in WoW my favorite was a druid because it could do alittle of everything, yet I believe that every calling can do alittle of everything, so I'm at a loss, help?
    This game does not work like wow in terms of classes.

there are 4 archetypes as you know: Mage,cleric,rogue and war.

Each archetype can cover multiple roles.

For an example you can ranged and melee dps as a Rogue...you can tank or play a support soul like the bard.

Same for the other archetypes, so pick whatever you like the most because they all can cover multiple roles.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 05-04-2011 at 04:05 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Soulwalker

Aloha,

It seems like many people who come from some other MMO's are having a little trouble adjusting to the fact that rift characters are able to have multiple role's and so can do a little bit of almost everything, with some thing's that work well together and some things require ...patience (depending on what one's definition of "working well together" is).

If you liked Druid or Rogue in WoW, try a Rogue - with the right soul combinations (and points spent in them) and gear a rogue can stealth, heal, ranged attack, tank, or buff. Of course you may also try another calling altogether, you just won't be able to stealth.

I do recommend something with the ability to heal as a first soul in whichever class you choose, then you can at level 13 collect all the souls and mix and match to your heart's content (or as long as you can pay the class trainer for the respec :P). Please keep in mind while mixing souls, that they are to be shaken not stirred...
    Last edited by Sour; 05-04-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: punctuation

+ Reply to Thread