+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reavers on Guardians

Default Reavers on Guardians

I know that it's unconfirmed that Reavers are Defiant only, but it's starting to look that way with the paladins, which also might be Guardian only.
    http://telarapedia.com/wiki/File:Sil..._reaver_01.jpg
    this screen is from the Silverwood page on Teldrapedia. So does this mean that Reavers aren't Defiant only?

I believe they are Defiant-only at the moment. However, it's been mentioned that there may be no faction-specific classes although that hasn't been finalized yet.

From what some have said, the Races would be divided between the Faithful (Guardian) and the Blasphemers (Defiant). The Gods are not happy with the defiant, i would also assume this game has gods of many emotions ... like a God of War, or God of Hate, or Fear ... as well as a God of Tranquility, Love and Nature ...

So each and follow their own faiths to make a class fit for them or play-style. this game is very RP friendly.

My understanding and of Rift factions is that Defiant and Guardian are not divided as an evil and a good faction. Both are "good" factions in the sense that both fight against the same "evil". This means that in principle, both factions could have "Reavers" and "Paladins", dependent on personal characteristics of the avatar. In my view, if factions will indeed divide the player base without any means to bridge that gap then both factions should have access to all souls. Otherwise we may end up with a faction that is perceived as being weak and one that is perceived as being strong, depending on access to souls.

I can believe that to become a Guardian Reaver or a Defiant Paladin you will have to jump through some hoops. That would be acceptable in my view. Perhaps they are not starting souls.

Since they are in pre-alpha.. with a god mode buff on them.. and probly insanely fast mount.. im pretty sure a dev could have went there with his favorite announced class and take a picture.. i might be that silly.. lets wait and see what Trion comes with, but imo pally will be guardian and reaver will be defiant at launch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, apparently the Defiant don't really follow the Gods. They may try to make deals with them but they won't have a God dictate what powers they receive, therefore being a Paladin won't really work well in the game's Lore.

Vespers is right.. Defiant use ( dont remember the exact name ) divine stone to fuel their reanimation engines even if the gods told em not too.. so the guardians hate the defiant.. lore in super short mode..

so having a defiant paladin wouldnt sound right at the toon creation.. but an exile later in the game might work a bit more with the lore
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyroth View Post
    Vespers is right.. Defiant use ( dont remember the exact name ) divine stone to fuel their reanimation engines even if the gods told em not too.. so the guardians hate the defiant.. lore in super short mode..

so having a defiant paladin wouldnt sound right at the toon creation.. but an exile later in the game might work a bit more with the lore
    The name of the stone you are looking for is the sourcestone. They are stones that seem to be charged with planar energy. This energy helps fuel the Defiant technomagic devices.

On the Guardian side, sourcestones are the method they use to speak with the Vigil. How exactly this is done we still don't really know.

As for the picture the OP posted. It is a Reaver in a guardian area, but we don't know if it is an npc with the same class or rather a defiant player running around enjoying the sights.
    Last edited by kartys; 08-05-2010 at 01:54 PM.

So far the reaver is the only warrior type that interests me.

Paladin sounds interesting.. all the reactive aspect of it might keep the tank really busy.. depends on how they implant it in the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maybe what they should do, on RP servers, put restrictions according to the lore, like defiant only reavers, and guardian only paladins. But on normal and pvp servers, don't have these restrictions for people who don't care.

+ Reply to Thread