+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why do people cry about Pyro's 8k hit and not Clerics 40k hit? lol

Plane Walker

Default Why do people cry about Pyro's 8k hit and not Clerics 40k hit? lol

I don't PvP as much as most of you I am sure. I am no stranger though. But why do people cry about an 8k hit, and not when a cleric rolls in with a red orb and hots 4 people for 10k each? I do it all the time. Is it just because it is a massive number and my 4 hits for 2-3k on 4 people aren't as much in the combat log?

Granted clerics are at risk when they do this, and against any premade good luck getting it off. But the same would kind of apply to a mage.

Sez

If you believe people only complain about a certain thing on the forums, you are misinformed.

People complain about everything and anything on the forums.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    I don't PvP as much as most of you I am sure. I am no stranger though. But why do people cry about an 8k hit, and not when a cleric rolls in with a red orb and hots 4 people for 10k each? I do it all the time. Is it just because it is a massive number and my 4 hits for 2-3k on 4 people aren't as much in the combat log?

Granted clerics are at risk when they do this, and against any premade good luck getting it off. But the same would kind of apply to a mage.
    You can cc said cleric, thus the existence of "risk," a mage is immune to all cc, can stun, and has increase damage mitigation.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Plane Walker

2 people on him and he still goes down like a cheap *****. And I could be mistaken but Interrupts and Silence still apply eh?

Plane Touched

2 people on him and he still goes down like a cheap *****. And I could be mistaken but Interrupts and Silence still apply eh?
    If you're talking about Pyros, interrupts yes, silence no while he's in GoS.

Rift Disciple

WTB this mythical attack that does 40K dmg on 1 hit or the 7 or 8K SP that you have somehow magically been able to obtain.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Orikx View Post
    WTB this mythical attack that does 40K dmg on 1 hit or the 7 or 8K SP that you have somehow magically been able to obtain.

Obvious troll is obvious.
    Soul Drain with 2600 SP. Hits Target 1 four times @~2.5k for a total of 10k, Hits Target 2 four times @~2.5k for a total of 10k, etc etc. up to target 4.

Soul Drain with 2600 SP. Hits Target 1 four times @~2.5k for a total of 10k, Hits Target 2 four times @~2.5k for a total of 10k, etc etc. up to target 4.
    That's not exactly how it works. It hits up to three targets, and each target hit can then "explode" (for lack of a better term), and said "explosion" can hit four people. Soul Drain will only deal out major damage when it hits three people, and the follow up hits four people.

Casting it on one person produces an extremely lackluster attack that wouldn't offend an NPC. Pulling it off in a warfront, when you have to be within 7 meters of your target (it's not a ranged attack) AND hit four people AND not get interrupted, silenced, stunned or feared in the two seconds it takes to cast is not easy.

However, when you do manage to pull it off, people most definitely die. A deeper spec'd Inquisitor (26 points to get Fanaticism) can guarantee a crit on it every 45 seconds, and a 51 point Cabalist can fire it off with +40% or so damage.

It's a very powerful spell, but exceedingly hard to pull off in warfronts, given how much people move, and how egregious CC is in big fights. The number of times I tried, but got interrupted or my targets moved out of range in two seconds were far far in excess of the number of times I successfully cast it.
    Last edited by Dao Jones; 05-04-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Rift Chaser

I like to think of soul drain as the idiot awareness test. Sure, it can hit for stupid amounts at times, but it is completely avoidable almost 100% of the time if you are paying attention. First, it takes 2 seconds to cast, which is an eternity in pvp. Second, it has to be cast in melee range, since it is centered around the caster at a very short range. Third, it has to hit multiple people to do significant damage, which means why didn't someone focus that cleric that ran in, stood still waving his arms in the middle of his enemies.

That other burst class that you speak of can do it instantly and at range, is immune to CC, and is not unavoidable in any scope or degree as soul drain is.

Everytime I have been hit by a soul drain, it was my own fault and everytime I have destroyed people with it, it was because they completely ignored me.

Prophet of Telara

That other class can also be countered by an Inquisitor and group coordination or by group ranging them and two rogues gutting them as they step off their "safe circle".

I don't question why a healer heals for 10k with a hot I question when I am dead on the floor from a cleric using exploits and their sanctioned heretic crits once for 3289 damage the only debuff on me.

Ascendant

I must have the most craptastic gear in existance ...

How the hell do you get anywhere remotely close to 2600 sp? lol
    Irony - Pathiss

Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    That other class can also be countered by an Inquisitor and group coordination or by group ranging them and two rogues gutting them as they step off their "safe circle".

I don't question why a healer heals for 10k with a hot I question when I am dead on the floor from a cleric using exploits and their sanctioned heretic crits once for 3289 damage the only debuff on me.
    What exploits are you imagining in your little head? No Inquisitor will come close to hitting you for 3289 with sanction heretic outside of you being debuffed by someone else and the inquisitor having the red power-up ball. Neither of those are exploits and any class can do that much damage with the red ball.

ps - People love to make up some crazy shiz in these forums.
    Last edited by kidbs; 05-04-2011 at 11:45 AM.
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post

How is that a cleric exploiting? He is using the red bull buff. It makes all spellcasters do stupid things.

OP has noticed clerics fluffing charts. Damage healed and Lives saved are not the same thing. Drop a 1hp/sec heal on 10 people with a 1,000,000 second duration. Sure, you've AoE healed 10,000,000 damage in theory but in practice everyone you're healing died to casters doing burst AoE instead.

Yes, 40k AoE hots can be rad. No, they aren't the same as getting hit by 8k with a 0 second response time as you have, more than likely, been one-shot.

Neither exist for the majority of the playerbase in taking or giving.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrower View Post
    I like to think of soul drain as the idiot awareness test. Sure, it can hit for stupid amounts at times, but it is completely avoidable almost 100% of the time if you are paying attention. First, it takes 2 seconds to cast, which is an eternity in pvp. Second, it has to be cast in melee range, since it is centered around the caster at a very short range. Third, it has to hit multiple people to do significant damage, which means why didn't someone focus that cleric that ran in, stood still waving his arms in the middle of his enemies.

That other burst class that you speak of can do it instantly and at range, is immune to CC, and is not unavoidable in any scope or degree as soul drain is.

Everytime I have been hit by a soul drain, it was my own fault and everytime I have destroyed people with it, it was because they completely ignored me.
    I don't think you understand Pyros. Just like Soul Drain, it takes set-up and a several things happening at once to hit the big numbers.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast