+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trion, are you ever going to balance this game?

Default Trion, are you ever going to balance this game?

This game is unbalanced and tipped in the favor of casters. I don't need to say how or why, it's been explained a million times over and there's tons of threads about it. But I see a newed to repeat what's been said many times, remove GoS CC immunity. No ranged class should EVER be posititionaly immune to CC's. You need to add a timer on the CC immunity or remove the instant cast with fireshield up. Temporary CC immunity is okay but constant CC immunity is overpowered and gamebreaking. I say it again, for the love of holy, fire your mage developer and hire someone intelligent. It's just no fun the way it is now.

You need to look for shortcomings in yourself before you look for them in others. Otherwise, you're just a fat bluff and your word means nothing.

the game is more focused on pve and then pvp at least according to what scott said a while back in an interview

ya know scott hartsman
    Last edited by Kulta; 05-04-2011 at 07:35 AM.
    Have you ever wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    the game is more focused on pve and then pvp at least according to what scott said a while back in an interview

ya know scott hartsman
    But since PvP is an important aspect to many it should be treated with the attention and dedication it deserves.

You need to look for shortcomings in yourself before you look for them in others. Otherwise, you're just a fat bluff and your word means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post

ya know scott hartsman
    This statement sadly makes no sense.
    Why?
    Pyromancer is way lower dps then warlock or Stormcaller specs.
    Dominator is useless besides the a few silence fights.
    Both this classes dominated heavaly in PvP and were almost never seen in PvE.
    I would understand to make that statement only for Saboteurs (both best dps build for PvP and PvE before the nerf).
    Same with Clerics.
    They had an overpowered (buged) PvP soul.

Rift Disciple

Not sure is it the same rift you play where pyromancer is a worse dps choice than the 2 latter you mentioned, what patch you have on?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenklume View Post
    Not sure is it the same rift you play where pyromancer is a worse dps choice than the 2 latter you mentioned, what patch you have on?
    Any decently progressed raid guild will have SC/Ele as their highest caster DPS, and generally highest DPS overall. Pyromancer DPS, in a PvE environment, is nowhere near the highest for mages.

Class balance in MMOs is never done. It is continuous, and every patch there are new fotm builds and then counter builds etc etc. It's only an issue when people are using builds that are either bugged or just naturally too powerful. That has been the case for a few things in Rift so far, but I don't think the balance issues are as severe as they have been for many other MMOs right after they launch. Trion has been setting a pretty high pace for their content/balance updates as well.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

People are still crying about GoS with the 1.2 CC changes? Really? After all the GoS nerfs, you still complain about this and not pyro damage?

Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

0/10

i say troll because this post was made today. where if you read the patchnotes from 2 days ago on the PTS then you would know that everyone is immune to CC and GoS having an immunity to it is now a non-issue. pyros that use GoS come 1.2 are bad pyros, they will instead use GoP so they can 1 shot you.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    Same with Clerics.
    They had an overpowered (buged) PvP soul.
    No. An ability was bugged but it did not cause anything to be overpowered. That ability had a 100% uptime regardless of the bug. Fixing it would change nothing.

And it was fine.

Since when is it required for games to be balanced to be fun?
    I can't think of any game that was balanced and they somehow managed to be enjoyable.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Short answer? No.

Long answer? No MMO has ever been "balanced".

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Default Balance.

Instead of making threads complaining about balance in a game that requires a lot of fine tuning, how bout giving the creators some constructive criticism, or hints to help improve the balance of what you desire. instead of going "ZOMG THAT MAGE ONE SHOTTED ME!" give an analysis of what can be done to improve everyone's situation. Balance in an MMO has NEVER, repeat, NEVER been achieved. Top this off, Trion has to take into consideration 32 specs, all with unique approaches to situations, pve and pvp alike. While most specs don't work with pvp, pve still has to be taken into consideration, as it is a large chunk of the game. I enjoy both a blend of pvp and pve myself, and when one gets too much attention, the other suffers. What might be a compromise is to make more situational types of skills in pvp, having an altered effect altogether. But, I find it hard to complain about pvp since every archetype has a pvp soul to help them in their endeavors.

Just remember this is an MMO, where PVE and PVP players coexist, to think one should take priority over the other is wrong, help each other out by giving solutions to problems, not complaints.
    Last edited by jsb5249; 05-04-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Trion has no care for their game and will never stop casters. Is this what you wanted to hear? Are you finally satisfied? Or was there something else that you came here to talk about that isnt already pointless. Hey you want a interesting fact the head dev for trion pvp balance department already ran another game into the ground and was fired. Now he works for Trion WHOOPEE.

Soulwalker

everyone complaining about how this game isn't balanced yet and how it should be perfect...yeah...you are all morons, WTF makes you think that after 2 months trion would achieve what every other company in history could not achieve for years and years, most still haven't....im just truly amazed at how ignorant people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Belterra View Post
    This game is unbalanced and tipped in the favor of casters. I don't need to say how or why, it's been explained a million times over and there's tons of threads about it. But I see a newed to repeat what's been said many times, remove GoS CC immunity. No ranged class should EVER be posititionaly immune to CC's. You need to add a timer on the CC immunity or remove the instant cast with fireshield up. Temporary CC immunity is okay but constant CC immunity is overpowered and gamebreaking. I say it again, for the love of holy, fire your mage developer and hire someone intelligent. It's just no fun the way it is now.
    im sorry but your ******ed. If you think that any MMORPG will be 100% balanced at any point in time, you are dumb. This game has been out for 2-3 months! How in the hell can you expect a game with this many soul combinations to be balanced or even close to balanced. Just enjoy what you got and if you dont like it, go away. Jesus man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast