+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So any Combat Mages?

Soulwalker

Default So any Combat Mages?

Hi,

so I'm recently in love with the concept of a Combat Mage, anything like that here?

It should carry the stuff magic is known for.
    Generally Magic has Cast-time, which makes it somewhat slow (except for some instant-spells). It hits hard.

From Slow and Hard-hitting you see a relation to 2-handed weapons. Magic Users often lack defense (sometimes have Magical shields though). 2-Handed weapon users lack defense too (no shieid)

So to sum itup : a class wielding 2-handed Weapons (for me preferably a 2-Handed Hammer, dunno if theres anything like that in Rift)
    Using Magic for range attacks, to shield themself in close-range combat and mitigate some damage and using spells and enchants to enhance their attacks and damage output in close-range combat.

Possibly. They mentioned a Warrior soul that uses magic so you combine their 2h weapons and heavy armor + magic and you might have a combo that suits you. We obviously have little information besides that.

Quote Originally Posted by souper View Post
    Possibly. They mentioned a Warrior soul that uses magic so you combine their 2h weapons and heavy armor + magic and you might have a combo that suits you. We obviously have little information besides that.
    A melee Mage (which is what I assume the OP is mentioning) would have to go into the Mage archetype, otherwise it will be a tank with some spells. A class like this in the Warrior category would be classed more like a Reaver is with some Warlock'y abilities, while a class like this in the Mage archetype would be like the Herald of Xotli from Age of Conan.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

+ Reply to Thread