+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Separate subforums for each class?

Default Separate subforums for each class?

How about it? I think that would be a nice add to the forums. Have different subforums for each class, that way it would be easier to debate about a class once there is more known about them without it all being thrown on one pile of threads.

That would be too much, if anything, separate archtypes as more classes become available.

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

The way the forums are set up now is a bit confusing. But im sure they are saving most updates till they give out more information.
    Howdy

What they said
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

I think we need to wait until they release all the classes before we start separate the forums in sub-headings.

I would love to stay away from the word archtype

I support this idea :P
    May Heaven Smile and The Devil Have Mercy

Quote Originally Posted by Githil View Post
    I would love to stay away from the word archtype
    Why so? Archtype, subclass, all it is is a classification

i support also i woudl liek to have diffrent subfourms for each class

Join us in the IRC | The Original Rift Wiki: Telarapedia
    The Rift Pod cast: Rift Pod cast | Rift IRC: Rift IRC

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Why so? Archtype, subclass, all it is is a classification
    Because I honestly think it was one of the first things SoE did to make the different classes think they had to be about the same. I don't like subclass term either. I would prefer just to have a list of classes and not tie them to a certain archtype or subclass. It will give them more freedom with how they develop each individual class.

Quote Originally Posted by Githil View Post
    Because I honestly think it was one of the first things SoE did to make the different classes think they had to be about the same. I don't like subclass term either. I would prefer just to have a list of classes and not tie them to a certain archtype or subclass. It will give them more freedom with how they develop each individual class.
    It was only separated in archtypes not for development purposes...but for the "Ok, for those who want to do some healing...you may want to look under the healer archtype". Even if archtypes weren't form...you would still get the same development patterns. Even if they didn't make archtypes and they made tanks. They would still have to balance them together...thus creating a subclass of "Tanks"

I think it is still way to early to have class specific sub forums, maybe archetype ones like Raive mentioned but even then, atm the classes forum is still quite manageable and compared to game play discussion not really crowded. I think once all classes are known and accounted for and everyone stats to get an idea on what they want to play then maybe then it would be a good idea to open them up and start discussion going on separate forums.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Official Rift Fan Site Operator Ciovala's Avatar

I like the subforum idea, but it's a bit too early, perhaps? Once they release more information then things would be pretty busy, but with the current lack of info, if we keep it all in one spot it is perhaps easier to find?

A wiki is only as good as its contributors won't you help?
    The original Rift Wiki - EN DE FR
    [Add a guild] [Add an Item] [Add a Quest]

Yeah class-specific forums is not going to happen. There are at the very least 16 separate classes, 4 in each archetype for both Defiant and Guardians, and at most there are 32 classes for each. 32! I'm sure I don't need to tell you why individual class forums isn't going on :P

However, archetypal forums I'm down with, but I think it's best to leave them until we have more information - at least two classes from each archetype would suit me, because then we could strike up comparisons and whatnot and see what the key differences and similarities are.
    i <3 tbroc

I think that seperate subforums would be nice to make things easier to find. However, as mentioned before I think 32 subforums would just get to be way too much.

Maybe Archetype subforums would be a good idea. Even if the classes don't fit into the tradiotional tank, caster, healer, or utility archetypes I think people will gravitate toward that sort of play. Some people like to be buffers, some like to tank, others just simply like to act as support. So I think having subcategories for people to provide advice/guidance for those kinds of playstyles would be beneficial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast