+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Focus and To Hit runes on your gear

Shadowlander

Default Focus and To Hit runes on your gear

How soon do I need these? These first ones I can find are level 28 and people are charging alot for them. Do I need them at those levels or can I get by just fine without them? I play both a rogue and a mage.

Champion

I think it depends on what you do. My highest toon is 47 and I got my first focus on an item this week. I no longer do any PvP in Rift (because) so I am really only talking about PvE here. There were several times where I have been jumped by a mob 5 levels or so above me and was completely unable to hit them. I likely could have killed them if I could have hit them. I think focus helps with that. Since I hit 46 and got the focus item, I have had much better luck hitting things (which includes 50 mobs) and can actually survive them now.

They'll help if you want to fight mobs 3 or more levels above you as you won't get resisted/miss so much.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Shadowlander

Ahh I see. Thanks all.

use them at lvl 28 imo, and get any talents that increase these for the leveling up process. you will thank me later as missing while leveling or doing dungeons is terrible and slows you way down! and the more hit/focus you have, the earlier you can run a dungeon without seeing misses.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread