+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Classes Imbalanced or the Players..

Default Classes Imbalanced or the Players..

This just struck me as something pretty curious. If you look at the stickied threads under the PTS forum, you'll find that the:

(as of am 5/3/11)
    Cleric thread has 13 pages,
    Warrior thread with 17 pages,
    Mage thread with 18 pages and
    The Rogue thread with 57 pages

Now, I don't know since I don't play a rogue (only a cleric and mostly pve, so no, I don't care if my toon can wtfpwn any other toon, I'm comfy with the size of my epeen) is that class that messed up or are the folks who mostly play rouges just that more enthusiastic about their class?

I don't know, I'm just asking a question....

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Lumber View Post
    This just struck me as something pretty curious. If you look at the stickied threads under the PTS forum, you'll find that the:

(as of am 5/3/11)
    Cleric thread has 13 pages,
    Warrior thread with 17 pages,
    Mage thread with 18 pages and
    The Rogue thread with 57 pages

Now, I don't know since I don't play a rogue (only a cleric and mostly pve, so no, I don't care if my toon can wtfpwn any other toon, I'm comfy with the size of my epeen) is that class that messed up or are the folks who mostly play rouges just that more enthusiastic about their class?

I don't know, I'm just asking a question....
    Unfortunately, most posts in the forums tend to complain about one thing or another.

My guess about the high topic count in the rogue forum is due to when they had 2 niche souls simultaneously "adjusted" (nerfed), bard and saboteur.

In contrast, mages have had chloro slightly nerfed but pyro has generally been perceived as OP (not making a statement on that, just interpreting QQ atmosphere), warriors have had riftblade spamspear slightly nerfed and beastmaster (pve) dps generally high, and clerics have been pretty strong all around the entire time.

Also, I'll bet that pvp has a disproportionate representation of rogues (compared to % of rogues who primarily pve)—but that's just a guess—and pvp folks tend to be more touchy on the forums.

Rift Chaser

I guess I should have said more simply: calling forum representation doesn't equate to calling representation in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikioi View Post
    I guess I should have said more simply: calling forum representation doesn't equate to calling representation in game.
    Thanks for reminding me about that..... I remember back in the day playing an old MMO, rolling a toon, seeing all the whining about that toon on the forum, re-rolling and then finding out it was just a bunch of whiners.

Someone else also pointed out that the alot of players don't even read forums or even websites about the game (case in point? What patch notes?)

Telaran

I can personally attest to the fact that at least a handful of specs in each calling are VERY effective. Every calling can WTFPWN depending on their spec and gear. When you hear someone whine about how gimp they are it is likely because their build sucks, their gear sucks or they dont know how to play smart.

Balance could always be better but the majority of the fault lies with the player.

+ Reply to Thread