+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The irony is that pyromancers and clerics come out of this as the biggest winners.

Default The irony is that pyromancers and clerics come out of this as the biggest winners.

Pyros are CC immune without GoS, so now they can use GoP for 15% higher damage. Clerics being CC immune lets them heal without any concern for CC. With passive mitigation being increased, that also frees up the templar points they were spending for mitigation while increasing the effectiveness of healing.

So if you're deluding yourself into thinking the CC changes are somehow good?

You're sorely mistaken.

Yay rift.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Soulwalker

You should quit now. Maybe make one more post ranting about how people who are paid to design the games know less about it then you, and never post again. Its for the best man... I'm sure they will miss your $15 a month.

Telaran

Because clearly, the people who nerf Dominator ON TOP of the current CC changes know what they're doing.

are you serious?
    Im taking 10% higher magic damage.... and 15% more damage from palyers and im comming out on top how?!?!?!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    Pyros are CC immune without GoS, so now they can use GoP for 15% higher damage. Clerics being CC immune lets them heal without any concern for CC. With passive mitigation being increased, that also frees up the templar points they were spending for mitigation while increasing the effectiveness of healing.

So if you're deluding yourself into thinking the CC changes are somehow good?

You're sorely mistaken.

Yay rift.
    you missed the memo that the only 2 good skills on templar soul have been nerfed.

i have no problem with them nerfing the passive DR of clerics, but at least they should shape up the right side of the templar tree which is complete trash.

Clerics ya, but Pyro got hit with more than just the CC change everyone got.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Clerics being CC immune lets them heal without any concern for CC.
    Mana drains, heal reduction, buff purges, cost increasers and potency decreasers are effective today and 1.2 has made no changes to any of them. Silences and stuns in 1.1 are good for a brief interruption but the above listed tools are now, have been and will still be the true path to breaking a healer.

Edit: Druids, Doms, and VKs as well as some rogue and warrior PvP soul inclusive builds are extremely important to healer mitigation but, due to a lack of e-peen waxing big numbers, are underplayed. Healers have predators, you just need to roll the role.
    Last edited by exLupo; 05-02-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    Mana drains, heal reduction, buff purges, cost increasers and potency decreasers are effective today and 1.2 has made no changes to any of them. Silences and stuns in 1.1 are good for a brief interruption but the above listed tools are now, have been and will still be the true path to breaking a healer.
    And scrubs don't use them. With the CC changes, they're encouraged even more to use PvE builds instead of figuring out that they need PvP-centric skills to succeed.

Trion has made it clear that they're balancing PvP around the bottom rung of competition, bringing the dedicated PvPers down to their level by nerfing everything except PvE sustained dps and healing.

Trion has made it clear that they're balancing PvP around the bottom rung of competition, bringing the dedicated PvPers down to their level by nerfing everything except PvE sustained dps and healing.
    In a game where dedicated PvPers and "bottom rungers" are forced to play together you shouldn't have expected anything else.

Until they separate the two that is the way it has to be done.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tribesman2004 View Post
    You should quit now. Maybe make one more post ranting about how people who are paid to design the games know less about it then you, and never post again. Its for the best man... I'm sure they will miss your $15 a month.
    It's a little early on in the life of the game for this kind of fanaticism.

And scrubs don't use them. With the CC changes, they're encouraged even more to use PvE builds instead of figuring out that they need PvP-centric skills to succeed.

You just contradicted yourself, or you're calling yourself a scrub. Either way your post amuses me

Actually I also just noticed that you included the word "irony" in your title thread which is making me even happier with your post. Good times.
    Last edited by Romulus; 05-02-2011 at 04:32 PM.

I wonder if the op ever played a pyro. Seriously, get one stun or silence on them and they fall in a few seconds. DR resets on death so no pyro is going to to be using GoP unless they are in a premade. They still need to remove the red orb, but I doubt they will. Until that is removed people are going to continue complaining about mages.
    Last edited by Artorous; 05-02-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Yeah... Only people in premades like being immune to cc and taking 30% less damage...
    Last edited by ComaXO; 05-02-2011 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chopstx View Post
    Assumption

I see...I mistook your R-Pness as complaining. I will don my helm and tassets and take my leave. As sunlight escapes, casting shadows across the rocky wasteland, I'm reminded of how long the days of my youth seemed at that time. A better time. Now though, as the day fades, I will cherish these last few moments with waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    You just contradicted yourself, or you're calling yourself a scrub. Either way your post amuses me

Actually I also just noticed that you included the word "irony" in your title thread which is making me even happier with your post. Good times.
    I'm not sure I understand but I'm glad you're happy. My point is, people whining about pyromancers and clerics now will still be whining about them after the patch. The CC changes do nothing to hinder them, quite the opposite.

Meanwhile melee has to try and chase people at full speed, anyone reliant on a snare is screwed, and dominators, let's not even go there. If you aren't a pyro, healing cleric, or marksman, the changes screwed you.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    I wonder if the op ever played a pyro. Seriously, get one stun or silence on them and they fall in a few seconds. DR resets on death so no pyro is going to to be using GoP unless they are in a premade. They still need to remove the red orb, but I doubt they will. Until that is removed people are going to continue complaining about mages.
    Have you played one? Because we both damn well know between break free, flicker, and fiery resolve, you're going to be CC immune with virtually no downtime. I'm not saying GoS won't be needed, but most of the time you're going to get by just fine with GoP postpatch.

The 1.2 will bring a ****ing great MM PVP build. Take 44 point.
    Put Erradicate in your 1 hotkey.
    Spam the **** out of everyone. No Wardens allowed, no Pyros, NOBODY CAN HAVE BUFFS.
    It's hilarious, try it before they nerf it.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast