+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No more AoE CCs

Soulwalker

Default No more AoE CCs

With the changes to CC that is coming soon AoE CCs need to be looked at. In my opinion they all need to be removed or put on different DRs then the single target CCs. Having no way to stop or control a full team of people because someone is using their AoEs seems pretty insane to me. Things like warrior fears, blade dancers mez, everything in the dom tree are going to make PVP boring. Passive CCs like Pyro stuns are something that needs to be looked at as well, although I think that is a lesser problem as it only effects one person not a full group.

I'm not totally against the CC DRs that Trion is bringing to the game. That said, if they do put it in they need to at least rethink some of the root and branch skills. Having less CC could be nice but it needs to be done right.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Remmy View Post
    Having no way to stop or control a full team of people...
    I almost peed myself I luld so hard.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by XFracture View Post
    I almost peed myself I luld so hard.
    I don't think he understood why CC was so brokenly overpowered in this game.

You have the ability to COMPLETELY CONTROL a person's actions with CC, it should *ONLY* be single-target. Period. Being able to set-it-and-forget-it and affect > 5 people brings into play this "stack snares, pull, aoe nuke for great ju.. they're dead already? lol we so good guys" mechanic. No thanks.

Default Aoe cc

While I don't PVP a lot yet, it seems to me that there are plenty of ways to break cc, and apparently lots of reasons not to bunch up in groups. I don't understand why players would rather change the rules rather adapt to usable tactics.

Just a thought...

What e OP is saying is that a sab aoe snare or a warrior/inq fear bomb is going to remove the entire opposing teams CC immunity.

They were talking about controlling their own team from uselessly burning cc immunities, not controlling the other team.

I know that as soon as I see a sab aoe snare I am running straight into it on purpose. Step in, step out, step in, step out. Immunity goodness for 30secs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hotaharn View Post
    While I don't PVP a lot yet, it seems to me that there are plenty of ways to break cc, and apparently lots of reasons not to bunch up in groups. I don't understand why players would rather change the rules rather adapt to usable tactics.

Just a thought...
    Yes, it is clear that you don't PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
    What e OP is saying is that a sab aoe snare or a warrior/inq fear bomb is going to remove the entire opposing teams CC immunity.

They were talking about controlling their own team from uselessly burning cc immunities, not controlling the other team.

I know that as soon as I see a sab aoe snare I am running straight into it on purpose. Step in, step out, step in, step out. Immunity goodness for 30secs.
    We need raid queues now. WAR was fine with this immunity style of play because we could fill a SC with people we could coordinate with. Rage filled the room when a pug would drop CC on someone and make them immune.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 05-03-2011 at 09:31 AM.

It is possible to try and communicate - even in a PUG - you know? Just ask your team to not mindlessly blow fear bombs and this should not be an issue. And if it becomes an issue, than you have a team that has no desire to operate as a team, so you were going to lose anyways.

+ Reply to Thread