+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogue + Whitefall

Default Rogue + Whitefall

= Win

I have no problem with them being able to pick up the shard without opponents being able to stop them, but it's a kind of "lame" how rogue sprinters can outrun 110% horses.

They are not quite faster than horses, but by the time you mount and catch up to them, they just blink away from you and you have to remount again. Never ending cycle. If he is any good, it will take 5+ people to stop him and they normally have another rogue nearby ready to invuln cap.

2 rogues = win.

Rift Disciple

Trion should be able to fix this easily. Simply set the speed of the carrier and not allow any speed increases(or decreases if you want to make it a bit more fun.). Make the flag drop if any teleport/charge or similar movement ability is used.

It's lame but consider that the people doing this are simply admitting they suck at pvp. I can't imagine anyone who was somewhat capable at pvp voluntarily gimping themselves to run sourcestone.

Soulwalker

I hate War Song Gultch.

u play...to win the game....

this one and the cleric op spec is quite stupid in whitefall
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyveth View Post
    It's lame but consider that the people doing this are simply admitting they suck at pvp. I can't imagine anyone who was somewhat capable at pvp voluntarily gimping themselves to run sourcestone.
    huuuuum? isnt capping it the objective? you know ... to win? So someone who dedicate a full spec to make his team win is bad? Someone who took the time to find the good combination to make his team in a pvp match win admit they suck? whaaaa? You just sound like youre trying to pinch someone with a useless comment. They do what they got to do and they play the way it suits them. Of course it probably end the WF sooner so you cant go and find someone to 1v1 to prove youre epeen...
    Last edited by darkchicken; 05-02-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by darkchicken View Post
    huuuuum? isnt capping it the objective? you know ... to win? So someone who dedicate a full spec to make his team win is bad? Someone who took the time to find the good combination to make his team in a pvp match win admit they suck? whaaaa? You just sound like youre trying to pinch someone with a useless comment. They do what they got to do and they play the way it suits them. Of course it probably end the WF sooner so you cant go and find someone to 1v1 to prove youre epeen...
    Ah, did I hurt your feelings? Anyone can play the game anyway they choose. My opinion is gimmicks like this are lame, and yes the people I see doing it tend to have little or no ability in straight pvp. Nothing more than a different point of veiw. If you run a warfront to actively avoid the other side.... well I can't think of why you would even want to run a warfront.

Rift Disciple

Are people really *****ing about this? I'm sorry, but 51 pt riftstalker is all but completely useless except as a runner for shards in Scion and Whitefall. It has some serious shortcomings as a main tank in a raid (mainly that damage mitigation needs to build up, unlike most tanks), has no serious pvp applications, because it cannot kill anything, and is extremely slow as a grind build. So you want the one application for this build to be taken away, because it has an actual use outside of actually killing people? o_O

Warfronts aren't only about who does the most AOE dps to pad their numbers, who steals more killing blows from other players, or who blankets the most AOE healing.

If your build is built around dps, obviously you aren't the best choice for a shard runner. People should just get over it, and understand that different roles have different advantages in team play.

Quote Originally Posted by nikrel View Post
    I hate War Song Gultch.
    As soon as I started quitting any WSG that had Feral Druids or Worgen in it I started having fun with that Battleground
    Last edited by Lilisette; 05-02-2011 at 09:16 AM.
    Lilisette High Elven Rogue - Argent EU | Laretha: High Elven Cleric - Argent EU
    Rahal: High Elven Warrior - Argent EU | Lilaeath: High Elven Mage - Argent EU
    If any fellow Roleplayers want to meet up to RP, let me know.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyveth View Post
    Trion should be able to fix this easily. Simply set the speed of the carrier and not allow any speed increases(or decreases if you want to make it a bit more fun.). Make the flag drop if any teleport/charge or similar movement ability is used.

I don't know how you could possibly substantiate any of this. Declaring that those who run shards are gimp pvp'rs is such a ridiculous arguement. There are people out there who realize that simply killing everyone in sight does not win a pvp match, and completing the objective nets way more profit then losing and scoring 500 killing blows. So, I'd say the people who run shards are the more intelligent pvp'rs.

Oh, and don't try to argue that objective based pvp isn't pvp, that's like saying objective based warfare isn't really warfare. Mindless killing is just that, mindless. Intelligent players get over that pretty quickly.

General of Telara

lol how could you hurt my feeling, im a mage as a main, i dont care for the running

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Selix View Post
    I don't know how you could possibly substantiate any of this. Declaring that those who run shards are gimp pvp'rs is such a ridiculous arguement. There are people out there who realize that simply killing everyone in sight does not win a pvp match, and completing the objective nets way more profit then losing and scoring 500 killing blows. So, I'd say the people who run shards are the more intelligent pvp'rs.

Oh, and don't try to argue that objective based pvp isn't pvp, that's like saying objective based warfare isn't really warfare. Mindless killing is just that, mindless. Intelligent players get over that pretty quickly.
    So you want pvp without pvp. Each to his own I guess but I don't see why you wouldn't just go run a dungeon or raid. Designing your character to avoid combat just does not appeal to me. I have no problem with objectives if they enhance combat but not when they remove combat. Sounds to me like your making a desperate attempt to justify the inability to win a fight, but thats just my opinion.

General of Telara

perhaps it would suit you more with that kind of objectives?

First faction who kill 500 players

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by darkchicken View Post
    perhaps it would suit you more with that kind of objectives?

First faction who kill 500 players
    Actually, I would prefer a persistant battleground like the ones in Daoc. Have to change it a bit to take in account only 2 sides but I find that alot more appealing.

(Other option is to just steal from gw2. Rift is already setup into clusters of 3 servers. Well, just build a persistent battleground where it is server vs. server vs. server.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast