+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Complex rotations - which calling/souls?

Plane Touched

Default Complex rotations - which calling/souls?

Hiya,
    Im a very new Rift player, coming over from WoW - and although the game and community were terrible, I did enjoy the rotations of the classes. They were complicated to an extent, and required you to use your brain due a proc or something causing you to cast a different attack.

Are there any classes or souls which use a rotation like this? With more of a 'priorty list' than a set rotation, so that each time I play I wont be hitting exactly the same buttons?

Appreciate it!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mizza View Post
    Hiya,
    Im a very new Rift player, coming over from WoW - and although the game and community were terrible, I did enjoy the rotations of the classes. They were complicated to an extent, and required you to use your brain due a proc or something causing you to cast a different attack.

Are there any classes or souls which use a rotation like this? With more of a 'priorty list' than a set rotation, so that each time I play I wont be hitting exactly the same buttons?

Appreciate it!

Due to the macro system in place most classes can be simplified down to pressing the same few buttons.

For the most part, the game has macros making priority list many times easier to execute than rotations.

Mages are the most rotation oriented. Clerics and warriors are heavily macroable.

I haven't played enough rogue souls to speak to them.

Sword of Telara

The VK mitigation build that micromanages pacts.
    chloro/archon...

those are the two that I personally can think of.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." -Sir Winston Churchill

And as always "Death to the Fascists! Death to the Guardians!" -Liper

Plane Touched

Thanks for the responses, however I was checking the forums and another soul intrigued me. I was looking at a Cleric Shaman - as I was intrigued by the mix of melee and spells.

Does anyone with experience know whether this build is viable (for endgame raiding), and whether it is simple, or a bit more complext than others?

Mages do for sure, only because our spellls are difficult to macro.

Koe

Shaman is viable endgame, paired with druid.

It's complex if you don't use macros, and ezmode if you do.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

+ Reply to Thread