+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon DPS (Cleric 2h Vs Warrior 2h)

Default Weapon DPS (Cleric 2h Vs Warrior 2h)

I have been looking on the forums for the past few days about this and have not found anything relating to my question, Which is why do warrior 2h weapons have greater DPS over a cleric 2h? Both have the melee abilities say weapon plus... so why is there such a huge difference in the DPS/dmg?

I think the highest dps for a cleric mace is around 32-34, while i have seen the warrior weapons be as high as 45 with the GSB drop, and 38 from the 2h from expert RD.

please can someone tell me why they are so different in dps/dmg if they both have abilities that have weapon plus...?

Melee cleric get Attack Power from Spell Power. Attack Power boosts weapon DPS. Cleric two-handed weapons have a massive amount of Spell Power.
    Last edited by Leharic; 05-01-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Probably the whole healing thing, i could be wrong though.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Leharic View Post
    Melee cleric's get Attack Power from Spell Power. Attack Power boosts weapon DPS. Cleric two-handed weapons have a massive amount of Spell Power.
    This. I play a cleric and my spell power makes my attack power very high. Not that the difference in base weapon damage, in this game, means so much anyway. Specs me a lot more than weapon base damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Leharic View Post
    Melee cleric get Attack Power from Spell Power. Attack Power boosts weapon DPS. Cleric two-handed weapons have a massive amount of Spell Power.
    This is also why staves are better at lower levels for melee clerics, they have more Spell Power than 2-H maces/hammers. The staff melee swing graphics aren't as cool as hammers or maces though
    <Imagine Sweet Sig Here>

So you're saying the reason why the dmg/dps is so low is because of all the spell power -> Attack power conversion makes up for it?

What he's saying is that raid buffed warriors have like half as much attack power as melee DPS clerics do.

@shinju45: that's exactly it. Test out equivalent melee and caster versions of the same weapon type (lv50 blue mace for example) and you'll get higher numbers with the caster one. I purchased the player crafted blue tank mace and my output dropped over the equivalent blue caster one I'd been using previously.
    Last edited by exLupo; 05-01-2011 at 10:30 AM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Thank you for answering my question, cause this has been on my mind for a while now.

Default However..

Some builds/souls may not make the most use of the spell power conversion ratio. ( I may need to respec yet again ) Rats!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinju45 View Post
    So you're saying the reason why the dmg/dps is so low is because of all the spell power -> Attack power conversion makes up for it?

+ Reply to Thread