+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: What's the highest pyro crit you've received?

Soulwalker

There=they're

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezus View Post
    Fail.

Trion knows damn well pyro's arent working as intended. There just afraid of losing 75% of their player base if they nerf them too hard. Simple business really. Appealing to the masses, downfall of most mmo's.

Then it is damn well and good that not 75% of the playerbase plays pyro.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    I'm a pyro mainly..I like the burst dps..but I watched a mage last night dueling as a necro/lock. I watched her cast bars and her rotation...took notes..re specd an old unused soul spec and threw myself in Port Scion.

Did quite well.....whats next?..complaining about Necro Locks?...and then Chloro locks? and then Stormcaller Eles?

Simple fact is..PvP soul (and higher ranks) makes atleast 5 mage souls that I know of..very nasty.
    So...to sum it up...perhaps you should be focusing more on ranks and PvP souls rather than trying to pick the entire mage class apart.
    All of you mages are exploiting the fact that focus works like the armor penetration bug did for paragons.

;)

Quote Originally Posted by Xandarth View Post
    All of you mages are exploiting the fact that focus works like the armor penetration bug did for paragons.

;)
    What? LOL!
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    What? LOL!
    He is right, focus as it works right now, will negate all resistances - chance to resist and all non-physical mitigation. So it is comparable with Paragon bug, but in case of Focus it is not bug but a bad feature. Hit stat for melee classes dont have built-in armor penetration part in it.

Yes, more mage unbalances.

Ascendant

I felt that was a tad higher than I would like.

Sword of Telara

What? LOL!
    Zhalfarims explanation is on the money.

I've been bringing this up for weeks now and so have many other melee class players but we have been ignored in what I can only assume is an attempt by mages to ignore the problem till everyone forgets about it.

I'm also winding up Ticklepink though, because s/he constantly cried about warriors "exploiting" the armor pen bug when it turns out you guys have been ignoring all [Elemental Resist] mitigation too.

At least we had the good grace to point out the bug to everyone and haven't been trying to bury the fact that you have this massive advantage in pvp to go along with the fact [SP] scales twice as fast as [Attack].

InB4 redballs/damage debuffs/crit debuffs/other excuses.

6.7K Fulminate, 2K overkill.
    (I got 532 Valor)
    Last edited by Lokerra; 05-02-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandarth View Post
    Zhalfarims explanation is on the money.

I've been bringing this up for weeks now and so have many other melee class players but we have been ignored in what I can only assume is an attempt by mages to ignore the problem till everyone forgets about it.

I'm also winding up Ticklepink though, because s/he constantly cried about warriors "exploiting" the armor pen bug when it turns out you guys have been ignoring all [Elemental Resist] mitigation too.

At least we had the good grace to point out the bug to everyone and haven't been trying to bury the fact that you have this massive advantage in pvp to go along with the fact [SP] scales twice as fast as [Attack].

InB4 redballs/damage debuffs/crit debuffs/other excuses.
    So let me get this straight....a bugged talent which allowed you to bypass armor by 100% instead of 5% is a bug, but focus which clearly states that it's intent is to defeat resistences is...a bug? An exploit?

I can understand if you want to lobby for higher resistance on gear maybe, but to call it a bug or an exploit is laughable. It's working exactly the way it's supposed to. To try to compare it to 1.0 armor pen abuse is just...wow. *golf clap*
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-02-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Now, if focus is somehow bypassing valor (something I've never tested but will do tonight) then that definitely needs fixed.

I'll check it out and get back to you on that.

Wasn't the main argument everyone had was "Pyros are fine, just nerf GoS"? Now that CC and GoS are gutted, it's on to the next thing eh?
    Now that GoS is gone it's your own fault if you let him hit you with a fulminate (+ wings, even)

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
    Now that GoS is gone it's your own fault if you let him hit you with a fulminate (+ wings, even)
    Not sure what you mean by "GoS is gone". It's still there, and still incredibly powerful as you still can't stop a fulminate with a pre-emptive silence.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

Champion of Telara

resistances lowered to 60, at least now you can kill pyro with focus fire.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

Sword of Telara

So let me get this straight....a bugged talent which allowed you to bypass armor by 100% instead of 5% is a bug, but focus which clearly states that it's intent is to defeat resistences is...a bug? An exploit?

I can understand if you want to lobby for higher resistance on gear maybe, but to call it a bug or an exploit is laughable. It's working exactly the way it's supposed to. To try to compare it to 1.0 armor pen abuse is just...wow. *golf clap*
    You're right the armor pen bug wasn't any where near as bad as this. Combat Precision cost you talent points and didn't also help you ignore dodge, parry or block.

Does toughness work in pvp?

Of course not, having PVE gear mitigate damage better than PVP gear in PVP would be stupid.

So why on earth would they let PVE gear hit harder in PVP than PVP gear?

Either its because they made a mistake that you guys are now exploiting or Gersh is an idiot..... or both ;)

PS: I'm only using the word "exploiting" because ticklepink used to constantly cry about warriors "exploiting" Combat Precision despite being told that everyone who took paragon used the ability without realising and then cried again about a rogue friend of my "exploiting" a Riftstalker build because s/he couldn't kill him when he was running stones. I'm just winding him/her up.

I don't actually think you are "exploiting" I just think Focus and Hit working in PVP is stupid.

Plane Touched

mine was .. 6700 keeping mind im a rogue with only 4700 health.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast