+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the highest pyro crit you've received?

Plane Walker

The funny thing is the the rank 6 pyro's with full gear are loving it.

The problem is when you just hit 50 and try pvp you get facerolled since you are too far behind to even compete.

Quote Originally Posted by XEshamX View Post
    The funny thing is the the rank 6 pyro's with full gear are loving it.

The problem is when you just hit 50 and try pvp you get facerolled since you are too far behind to even compete.
    You don't get it. Pyro's in PvE raidgear hit you much harder since PvP gear is based on Valor and Endurance ay.

Ascendant

7714 with redball 5225 without.
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    My whole health bar
    this. i dont really pay attention to combat numbers but a one-shot is a one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eraven View Post
    You don't get it. Pyro's in PvE raidgear hit you much harder since PvP gear is based on Valor and Endurance ay.
    Perhaps he meant that the nerf to GoS won't affect people in high rank PvP gear since they buffed Valor.

This just in Pyros still unkillable gods!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Eraven View Post

Sorry, my emphasis should have been on the rank 6 part.

Champion of Telara

pyros magic resist is the same btw, even without improved valor, 125 resists to all elements is HUGE even without valor. They probably did this so pyros cant oneshot pyros, is pyros dont whine about other pyros.
    if someone should be given resists to all elements, its not a FIRE mage pyro, it should be elementalist.
    Last edited by pechkin; 05-01-2011 at 12:10 PM.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

pro

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebomb View Post
    mine is 8449 from fulminate.

Can you just hotifx pyro's top end damage for pete's sake?

It's not even funny anymore.
    why does it have to be pyro why can you say whats the highest crit you have recieved and from what calling/class

I'm a pyro mainly..I like the burst dps..but I watched a mage last night dueling as a necro/lock. I watched her cast bars and her rotation...took notes..re specd an old unused soul spec and threw myself in Port Scion.

Did quite well.....whats next?..complaining about Necro Locks?...and then Chloro locks? and then Stormcaller Eles?

Simple fact is..PvP soul (and higher ranks) makes atleast 5 mage souls that I know of..very nasty.
    So...to sum it up...perhaps you should be focusing more on ranks and PvP souls rather than trying to pick the entire mage class apart.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    I'm a pyro mainly..I like the burst dps..but I watched a mage last night dueling as a necro/lock. I watched her cast bars and her rotation...took notes..re specd an old unused soul spec and threw myself in Port Scion.

Did quite well.....whats next?..complaining about Necro Locks?...and then Chloro locks? and then Stormcaller Eles?

Simple fact is..PvP soul (and higher ranks) makes atleast 5 mage souls that I know of..very nasty.
    So...to sum it up...perhaps you should be focusing more on ranks and PvP souls rather than trying to pick the entire mage class apart.
    That sounds reasonable. So the mage pvp should be tuned down in some ways. All I know as someone who is in T3-t2 gear is that no one should be hitting for 8500 no matter what buffs a pyro may be sporting.

Im not asking for nerfs necessarily but the top end damage of a pyro needs to be toned down. I have no problem with an occaisional 3500 crit, but 8500 is just insane.

Nerf the redball? Sure.
    Nerf the mage pvp tree? If it needs it, sure.
    I don't know exactly what needs to be done but something needs to be done.

got 9333

oh yeah good days

Well I'm sure that if you look around on the forums..you will find that not only does the mage pvp soul need to be looked at but almost all class PvP souls need tweaking.

I know of a cleric pvp soul mix and a rogue pvp soul mix that are comparable to Pyros and to add..I found ANOTHER mage pvp soul mix that's sick.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Oh, I'm fully aware. I just find it funny that no one can agree on what it is they hate about pyros.
    maybe because theres alot to hate in a pyro?
    See you all in Wildstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    maybe because theres alot to hate in a pyro?
    Yeah well, I have been both one of the pyro soul's biggest supporters for balance, and one of it's biggest critics in terms of it's burst damage output. While many people have been blindly screaming and QQing NERF everything to do with pyros (especially GoS) at the top of their lungs, I've analyzed the problem with pyro damage and made a multitude of suggestions on how to balance it. None of my suggestions, or any other mages' rational suggestions to fix the damage have been even considered by the look of things and so it is that in 1.2 pyro damage will likely remain the same.

For people that think that forum QQ has no effect on the dev's balance process, you have but to look at the GOS nerf QQ threads to see just how much QQ affects it. Obviously it was more important to more of you that pyros take a hit in GoS first, thinking that after that ability was made useless you would then QQ about the damage. Well, seems to me that the devs have sent both the mage community and all of you a resounding message. Pyro damage is working as intended.

I am now without sympathy for the QQ wagon.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-01-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Yeah well, I have been both one of the pyro soul's biggest supporters for balance, and one of it's biggest critics in terms of it's burst damage output. While many people have been blindly screaming and QQing NERF everything to do with pyros (especially GoS) at the top of their lungs, I've analyzed the problem with pyro damage and made a multitude of suggestions on how to balance it. None of my suggestions, or any other mages' rational suggestions to fix the damage have been even considered by the look of things and so it is that in 1.2 pyro damage will likely remain the same.

For people that think that forum QQ has no effect on the dev's balance process, you have but to look at the GOS nerf QQ threads to see just how much QQ affects it. Obviously it was more important to more of you that pyros take a hit in GoS first, thinking that after that ability was made useless you would then QQ about the damage. Well, seems to me that the devs have sent both the mage community and all of you a resounding message. Pyro damage is working as intended.

I am now without sympathy for the QQ wagon.
    Fail.

Trion knows damn well pyro's arent working as intended. There just afraid of losing 75% of their player base if they nerf them too hard. Simple business really. Appealing to the masses, downfall of most mmo's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast