+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Damage Shields, Working as intended?

Plane Touched

Default Damage Shields, Working as intended?

I know of warlocks and warriors having a damage shield type buff.but does it work as intended?
    If so that would seem kinda op.
    With the current state of the way the damage shield works, it seems as any type of damage will trigger it off.So in reality if you cast a bunch of dot types , poison procs , gear proc it all triggers off.
    E.g class A hits class B(class with damage shield)
    with 15 different attacks withing 5 seconds, most of it low dot type say each dot does 10 damage.
    Assuming damage shield does 50 damage per hit.
    50 x 15 = 750 damage done . Now Class B doesn't have to do anything and just watch as class A destroy it self.
    I think personally Damage shield needs to be reworked to a certain type of damage but no dot types or proc types to trigger.
    This is a know problem but the classes that have these types of buffs will make excuses just so their overpowering nature remains the same.
    I guarantee i will have replies for these characters who will find reasons to keep this overpowering ability unchanged.
    Feel free to comment.

Rift Chaser

Warrior's dmg shield is riftblade's 51 skill? It can only reflect melee dmg. Warlock's is reflect on everything.

when your dots tick for 100 you gotta have some source of damage through rogues 10 sec immune chain.
    Gladiators Warrior Rogue Hunter Priest RIP Arena
    Fixa - Prestige 6 Stormcaller - deleted because defiant are useless.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Stabsalot View Post
    With the current state of the way the damage shield works, it seems as any type of damage will trigger it off.So in reality if you cast a bunch of dot types , poison procs , gear proc it all triggers off.
    It might make you look smarter to know what your talking about before you QQ for a nerf.

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6006/54404658.jpg

The 10 hp heal trigers on every damage proc (as a from of mitigation) but the damage does not trigger off every proc, only every action.

Seriously, idiots like you asking for nerfs based on made up "facts" should all be perma-banned.

"Please nerf every character except for the ones I play"
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

This is where an internal cooldown on the damage shield armors would come into play.
    Last edited by Indasoth; 05-01-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    Please make damage armors pointless because I can't be bothered to play anything but a dual wield rogue.
    That's a bit more truthful.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Sword of Telara

damage shields aka warlock armor (main problem) actually only affect melee rogues,MMs will be fine with that,sin bleeds won't proc it and NB can chain immune against it(the blackout won't work btw).

although all this,a passive 26 points buff that is on all the time which deals 300 DPS or more to a rogue is pretty OP i would say.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    damage shields aka warlock armor (main problem) actually only affect melee rogues,MMs will be fine with that,sin bleeds won't proc it and NB can chain immune against it(the blackout won't work btw).

although all this,a passive 26 points buff that is on all the time which deals 300 DPS or more to a rogue is pretty OP i would say.
    Breaking News: Certain specs kill other certain specs better than others! More news at 11!
    Most forum users are neckbeards with the uncanny ability to over dramatize anything in a way that would make a crooked politican blush.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekroig View Post
    Breaking News: Certain specs kill other certain specs better than others! More news at 11!
    Not if the rogue QQ train keeps getting their way. Pretty soon they'll manage to get clerics nerfed to the point that their heals redirect to their attacker.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-01-2011 at 12:25 PM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Code2501 View Post
    It might make you look smarter to know what your talking about before you QQ for a nerf.

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6006/54404658.jpg

The 10 hp heal trigers on every damage proc (as a from of mitigation) but the damage does not trigger off every proc, only every action.

Seriously, idiots like you asking for nerfs based on made up "facts" should all be perma-banned.
    So, instead of replying with, you misunderstand the ability... you slam the guy instead. Makes you a real man, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    This is where an internal cooldown on the damage shield armors would come into play.
    Well instead of making the shield hit only once per second, you could just only hit the mage once per second for the same result. Why don't you do that?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tanay View Post
    So, instead of replying with, you misunderstand the ability... you slam the guy instead. Makes you a real man, doesn't it?
    I don't thing anything I post will impact the composition of my genitals...but what if I'm a woman?

Point is this is like the 3rd thread about the same non-issue by hopeless players that feel like whineing about something they can't even bothered to educate themselves on.
    Do I care about how sore his e-peen is? No, not really.
    Last edited by Code2501; 05-02-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Champion

Please nerf everyone but me (you can nerf my spec/class too, but make me (the player (the only player)) OP). Thanks!

Warlock armor needs to get buffed by damage done/healing returned, but only work on ST abilities on the GCD.

Damage shields need to be figured in a non-additive manner
    Damage bonuses need to be figured in a non-additive manner

Old news, but needs to be addressed nonetheless
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast