+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Rift. Looking for a good Dps class.

Soulwalker

Default New to Rift. Looking for a good Dps class.

Hello everyone. Im new to rift, and was wondering if i could get some general opinions on which class is good mdps. Ive looked on the forums for a while, and Ive read that rogues and warriors do good mdps. Anyone have any other suggestions? I apreciate any helpful suggestions and tips. Thank you

Pretty much all Callings have a good DPS spec, even Clerics. Just pick which one you like the most and you're good. X class may have the highest DPS possible, but if you don't like playing that class what's the point?

if you like Mdps pick anything but mage. clerics have some very viable melee dps builds.

What Artoruous said. Every class has a good solid dps option available to it that will be competitive. The game is suprisingly well balanced in this respect -- however not every soul or combination of souls available to each calling will produce top damage. They need to work on this and increase the variety of options for each calling (I feel this keenly as a mage, since stormcallers are overshadowing everything else) but for now at least, you don't have to worry about your calling having at least one good option.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the responses guys, I appreciate it. Ill mess around w/ a few classes, and see which appeals to me.

Plane Touched

Are you planning on PvPing a lot? If so the best spec would be a pyro. If you want an mdps class just walk up into melee range and blow the other team away from there.

+ Reply to Thread