+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Truly, I lost to the better PvPer.

Default Truly, I lost to the better PvPer.

Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Not only better, but stronger and higher geared.

Should hang your head in shame.

Plane Touched

L2p noob, pyros are all skill - don't listen to the people saying they're imba or easy mode. You don't only get to pew pew, after every fight you have to walk to the next fight spot and put your GoS dwown all over again, it's tiresome.

I have it on good authority that some Pyros do in fact play with their elbows rather than their face.

Point of fact; Wolfman

Im sorry but this is a L2P issue, you didnt use SOUL CLEANSE as this screenshot shows
    http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/582/pyrogoodness.jpg

So let me tells you step by step, how a pro-player would have managed the situation.

Step 1 - Learn to see trough the future (the most important step)
    Step 2 - Do what you actually do in a WF
    Step 3 - Keep the future under control (This requires you to have mastered the Step 1)
    Step 4 - If you did what is needed and what it is told you in Step 1 and 3 you should have known that a pyro was targetting you and that a fulminate was on its way, and you would be still alive thanks to Soul Cleanse, and this post would not exists.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-29-2011 at 07:15 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

did you use a crappy phone camera to take that? my god its more painful to try read the number than see you die to a pyro

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    I've had pyros one shot themselves when I was running Dom. Best feeling in the world. BTW with the changes to CC I suspect you will see a ton more pyros as it doesn't rely on CC or snares while most of our other specs absolutely need it to compete.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

I play against Satiar a fair amount, and he's generally pretty good about using cleanse soul intelligently.

Flip side of the coin, Satiar, you know that Whistler's probably the most dangerous guardian mage in the battlegroup. That was also redballed, and anyone competent with a redball is going to wreck people.

Sometimes you're in the wrong place at the wrong time. In range of a redballed r6 pyromancer who's sitting on 100 charge is definitely that.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    I've had pyros one shot themselves when I was running Dom. Best feeling in the world. BTW with the changes to CC I suspect you will see a ton more pyros as it doesn't rely on CC or snares while most of our other specs absolutely need it to compete.
    ah not my problem for sure, im gonna run around with more then 30% mitigation from PvP gear alone, add the 15% less fire dmg taken thanks to my nb spec , thats 45% less dmg.

Now lets add their nerfs too (was that something like 10-15% less dmg ?)...yeah, Im gonna ****in laugh at pyros (Im doing that even now as most nightblades with half a brain do.)
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-29-2011 at 07:37 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    ah not my problem for sure, im gonna run around with more then 30% mitigation from PvP gear alone, add the 15% less fire dmg taken thanks to my nb spec , thats 45% less dmg.

Now lets add their nerfs too (was that something like 10-15% less dmg ?)...yeah, Im gonna ****in laugh at pyros (Im doing that even now as most nightblades with half a brain do.)
    Rogues in a variety of specs counter pyro but too many people try to rambo at a pyro and get fried. Or if you get caught off guard they should kill you. Really, they just need to take mega damage out of the game. I can run SC/Dom and get 2k storm shackle crits. It skews what is really happening and creates a lot of whining.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

Focus the best mage on their team, use cleanse soul when he targets you.

bads will be bad :/
    Gladiators Warrior Rogue Hunter Priest RIP Arena
    Fixa - Prestige 6 Stormcaller - deleted because defiant are useless.

Plane Touched

Best? Oh you mean the most geared right. It's pretty hard to be better at others at a class when a drunk camel in a washing machine possesses enough dexterity in its hooves to play a character to its full potential.

He did not want you alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    I play against Satiar a fair amount, and he's generally pretty good about using cleanse soul intelligently.

Flip side of the coin, Satiar, you know that Whistler's probably the most dangerous guardian mage in the battlegroup. That was also redballed, and anyone competent with a redball is going to wreck people.

Sometimes you're in the wrong place at the wrong time. In range of a redballed r6 pyromancer who's sitting on 100 charge is definitely that.
    I'm not sure I read your sig right, but you're Coriander right?

Anyways.

Well, yeah. I get the whole red ball thing. It just frustrates me that if I have the red ball, my highest possible crit (with the person under 30% health as a condition) is still under 3k with a 5 combo point Blazing Strike. For someone to hit me for more than 3x my highest possible in best circumstances hit is a little frustrating.

Not even going to mention Ranged Attack vs Melee...
    Last edited by Satiar; 04-29-2011 at 08:15 PM.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    Not even going to mention Ranged Attack vs Melee...
    bahahahah! man, that must really suck!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast