+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Compromise on the CC changes. Keep them as you plan to make them...

Default Compromise on the CC changes. Keep them as you plan to make them...

...but make the immunity timer a dispellable buff. Even better, make it a passive 0 point ability (a la melee cleric Faith in Action) in the PvP soul to keep people honest in PvP, instead of going in with their silly PvE builds.

Remember, the entire forum community agrees that purges aren't effective in removing CC immunity anyway (TAKE THAT, JERKS), so there's nothing to lose by this, and those of us that actually bother PvPing intelligently have an additional gameplay mechanic, which makes things more interesting.

Yes? Yes?
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Sez

I can't read your post with your avatar staring at me like that....

Spooky...

Actually, the whole CC argument is going to cause someone to get pissed off. I don't think there is a "good" solution for it.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

eh, well..that could be pretty heavily exploited by those who have access to both CCs and offensive dispels...necrolock just as an example could fear, fear, dispel, fear, fear, dispel, fear....ad infinitum

Hrm, that's a fair point. I don't think it's as easy or effective as you make it sound, but it's possible, which would be a problem.

And including that mechanic on top of the current timer would just make a mess, huh.

It's a mess anyway, so I don't see the problem with entertaining this as a possibility.

Soulwalker

Really, the biggest thing that I think they need to do is seperate snares out from the other forms of CC. Grouping it in with roots and such is a bad idea.

As is(And this is coming from a rogue), there will be no way to escape a any rogue with riftstalker spec(primary or secondary) between the teleports and the immunities.

Snares should not be on the immunities.

Fear and Stuns should proc both immunities due to preventing you from moving (or forcing movement) and keeping you from using abilities (mez might be considered for this as well)

Either way, I'm looking forward to get away from stun->silence->fear->stun->silence->dead
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Rift Master

From a melee standpoint I kinda like having some immunity to snares and roots as right now the game is unplayable. But I dont think that 30 sec immunity is the real solution, I think like 10 secs for snares would be better (armchair developer ftw), as it goes both ways, I cant be snared forever, but I will not have tools to keep someone from kiting me forever.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    ...but make the immunity timer a dispellable buff. Even better, make it a passive 0 point ability (a la melee cleric Faith in Action) in the PvP soul to keep people honest in PvP, instead of going in with their silly PvE builds.

Remember, the entire forum community agrees that purges aren't effective in removing CC immunity anyway (TAKE THAT, JERKS), so there's nothing to lose by this, and those of us that actually bother PvPing intelligently have an additional gameplay mechanic, which makes things more interesting.

Yes? Yes?
    LOL. Learn to play.

Boy is channeling my inner Pyro fun.
    Last edited by Themistocles; 04-29-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themistocles View Post
    LOL. Learn to play.

Boy is channeling my inner Pyro fun.
    And I'll be channeling my actual pyro, which now does 15% additional damage instead of 10% less.

You're still going to be raging, and you don't even ****ing know it yet. That's how far behind you are.

This isn't about class balance, this is about making PvP something more interesting than a dps race.
    Last edited by Corian; 04-29-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    eh, well..that could be pretty heavily exploited by those who have access to both CCs and offensive dispels...necrolock just as an example could fear, fear, dispel, fear, fear, dispel, fear....ad infinitum
    this

bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    this

bad idea
    There's gotta be a way around it. For example applying a cooldown to "control" type effects that don't currently have one. I guess that means nerfing the dominator talent that cuts the transmogrify cooldown.

Dominator would be able to apply several CC effects in succession, but that's kind of the point of the class, I don't see why it shouldn't be able to do that.

But a cooldown on fear would eliminate specifically the necrolock being able to do it.

I dunno. The game's PvP loses all interest if we just all enter with our PvE builds and stand across from each other uselessly until one side is down.

Plane Touched

And I'll be channeling my actual pyro, which now does 15% additional damage instead of 10% less.

You're still going to be raging, and you don't even ****ing know it yet. That's how far behind you are.

This isn't about class balance, this is about making PvP something more interesting than a dps race.
    Well the fastest way to make PvP more interesting would be to re spec out of pyro. Killing others who have no way of defeating you is only fun for so long.

Soulwalker

And one would prefer to lose...I'd take winning easily over always losing any day, but really that is besides the point. DR is a tricky thing, and so far I've never seen it work. Wither it is too light a touch or too heavy, and then it is always messed up how they determine what to put in a category.

CC really needs to be seperated by severity....aka

Silences/Disarms in one category
    roots/kb/pulls in another
    Stuns/fears in one as well
    Then breakable cc and snares in there own

Or some thing like that, im not sure
    Last edited by Fenixilius; 04-29-2011 at 10:24 PM.

There's gotta be a way around it. For example applying a cooldown to "control" type effects that don't currently have one. I guess that means nerfing the dominator talent that cuts the transmogrify cooldown.
    How about an ability in the Dominator roots that highlights targets with a glowing aura when they're not immune to crowd control abilities?

+ Reply to Thread