+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just delete dominator already

Rift Disciple

Default Just delete dominator already

Useless in PvE and soon to be useless in PvP. On the whole I like the new changes to CC, but with any massive change like this there are going to be winners and losers. Unfortunately for dominator soul, it was already pretty beat up and now this seems to be a pretty definate last nail in the coffin. It seems like a 100% total rework of this soul is needed now.

Sez

Just Delete Marksman Already

Quote Originally Posted by Kelamar View Post
    Useless in PvE and soon to be useless in PvP. On the whole I like the new changes to CC, but with any massive change like this there are going to be winners and losers. Unfortunately for Marksman soul, it was already pretty beat up and now this seems to be a pretty definate last nail in the coffin. It seems like a 100% total rework of this soul is needed now.
    Just Delete Justicar Already

Useless in PvE and soon to be useless in PvP. On the whole I like the new changes to CC, but with any massive change like this there are going to be winners and losers. Unfortunately for Justicar soul, it was already pretty beat up and now this seems to be a pretty definate last nail in the coffin. It seems like a 100% total rework of this soul is needed now.
    Just Delete Assassin Already

Useless in PvE and soon to be useless in PvP. On the whole I like the new changes to CC, but with any massive change like this there are going to be winners and losers. Unfortunately for Assassin soul, it was already pretty beat up and now this seems to be a pretty definate last nail in the coffin. It seems like a 100% total rework of this soul is needed now.
    Etc
    Etc
    Etc
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post

Etc
    Etc
    Etc
    sense, this makes none. marksman and justi are 2 huge winners in this patch. assassin, eh, maybe not so much but then who plays assassin when there's godmode nightblade anyway?

What he doesn't get is the whole point of Dominator was to CC, this is their primary purpose.
    Sure, they can sap Mana, and do a few other things, but other classes could do it better.
    Dominator in a whole I think needs to be redone, but.. Opinions, opinions.
    Last edited by KillerKiwii; 04-29-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Rift Disciple

Etc
    Etc
    Etc
    Don't sidetrack the issue; no soul loses as badly as dominator with the proposed CC changes and you either know it or are a fool.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    sense, this makes none. marksman and justi are 2 huge winners in this patch. assassin, eh, maybe not so much but then who plays assassin when there's godmode nightblade anyway?
    Irony, you missed it. My point was you could say the same for any class. Any class could make that claim with the type of QQ thread this was.

Besides, its all hypothetical until the patch goes live.

Don't sidetrack the issue; no soul loses as badly as dominator with the proposed CC changes and you either know it or are a fool.
    With very few exceptions, who exactly goes 51points of anything? I never knew there were 51point dominators out there that only existed to CC.

Again, you sound like the Sabo's last patch, the world is falling all around you.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KillerKiwii View Post
    What he doesn't get is the whole point of Dominator was to CC, this is their primary purpose.
    Sure, they can sap Mana, and do a few other things, but other classes could do it better.
    Dominator in a whole I think needs to be redone, but.. Opinions, opinions.
    Dom mana drains when focused on one target are pretty good. You need to spec heavily into VK or Inf to get something comparable, and even then these don't drain Energy/Power. Transference + Mana Wrench on a Rogue is essentially lockdown. Likewise Doms afaik are better at debuffing heals than anyone else, have good slows on top of damage debuffs on top of all their CC on top of marginal damage. It's not like CC is being rendered completely worthless.

If anything you can think of it this way, Dom exists because Mages are already good at everything else. There was nothing to do with the 8th Soul but perhaps turn it into a laughable Mage-tank spec, which I'm sure none of you would want.
    Last edited by Cress Tristan; 04-29-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Irony, you missed it. My point was you could say the same for any class. Any class could make that claim with the type of QQ thread this was.

Besides, its all hypothetical until the patch goes live.

With very few exceptions, who exactly goes 51points of anything? I never knew there were 51point dominators out there that only existed to CC.

Again, you sound like the Sabo's last patch, the world is falling all around you.
    Ummm.. no....Justicar is a Tank who Heals, it does that next patch

Marksman is a Skirmisher DPS who has speed boots and attacks from range, it doesn't rely as much on CC as it does it's speed boosts, both which works next patch.

Dominator is a CC mage.. that's it.. it doesn't have any other purpose, it's useless in PVE, and is pointless in PVP after the patch.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Quote Originally Posted by Cress Tristan View Post
    Dom mana drains when focused on one target are pretty good. You need to spec heavily into VK or Inf to get something comparable, and even then these don't drain Energy/Power. Transference + Mana Wrench on a Rogue is essentially lockdown. Likewise Doms afaik are better at debuffing heals than anyone else, have good slows on top of damage debuffs on top of all their CC on top of marginal damage. It's not like CC is being rendered completely worthless.

If anything you can think of it this way, Dom exists because Mages are already good at everything else. There was nothing to do with the 8th Soul but perhaps turn it into a laughable Mage-tank spec, which I'm sure none of you would want.
    transference lasts 5 second's, and mana wrench is useless because it's less energy drain then you gain back.

VK is VASTLY superior to Dom in terms of mana drain, it's not even close..and Champion has the best heal debuff in the game, followed by Necromancer, there is no comparison. a 30% heal debuff with no cooldown that lasts 60 seconds is better then a 50% one on a 10 second cooldown, and Champion one is uncurable, goes off on any crit (including AOE's) and lasts 15 seconds.. it's VASTLY superior to anything else in the game.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post

Marksman is a Skirmisher DPS who has speed boots and attacks from range, it doesn't rely as much on CC as it does it's speed boosts, both which works next patch.

Dominator is a CC mage.. that's it.. it doesn't have any other purpose, it's useless in PVE, and is pointless in PVP after the patch.
    Stop, stop. You are all taking me WAY too literal.

I was trying to make a point, apparently using a class name is cause for emotional outbursts in defense/ opposition to that class.

I think this is just another case of rogues terrified of a mage soul getting some much needed attention in the future.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I think this is just another case of rogues terrified of a mage soul getting some much needed attention in the future.
    I'm /facepalming at this point dudes. I have no control, nor do I really care what happens to other classes.

I know the forum is vast, and you are all jaded by other posters, but I don't care about the dominator, I care about constructive posting.

Generic QQing is the problem here.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Justicar is a tank with heals that heals off of damage which is being reduced across the board for every class via insane Valor increases stacked on top of massive incentivization of PvP rewards.

True but it's a skirmisher class that relies on speed boosts, which can be purged, and the next patch has tons of them on top of the already amazing Inquisitor purge.

transference lasts 5 second's, and mana wrench is useless because it's less energy drain then you gain back.
    Rogues already struggle with energy *without* a Dom draining them. The fact that it's less energy drained than you regen still factors into the balance, esp. if Transference cuts off the regen in the first place.

VK is VASTLY superior to Dom in terms of mana drain, it's not even close..
    VK is an anti-magic focus and they require a heavy investment for mana drains. Likewise their mana drains do not also drain Energy and Power.

and Champion has the best heal debuff in the game, followed by Necromancer, there is no comparison. a 30% heal debuff with no cooldown that lasts 60 seconds is better then a 50% one on a 10 second cooldown, and Champion one is uncurable, goes off on any crit (including AOE's) and lasts 15 seconds.. it's VASTLY superior to anything else in the game.
    Dom has both an outgoing and incoming heal debuff, and the outgoing is coupled with a damage debuff. Champs are a melee class, but beyond that I won't say much more as I still have a lingering bias against them for being facerolling trash before 1.1. Doms get their debuffs on top of CC. It would be OP to make their heal debuffs and mana drains the absolute best with such a minor investment.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan
    Another case? Mages never got much attention. They just stopped sucking horribly and now just suck badly at the game. Most "terrified" Rogues already deal with Pyro facerolling and Stormcaller CC and DPS, there's nothing you can throw at us aside from bitterness and crying.

I will agree about this one tree that's based around CC, this may hurt. On the same note with the changes... all melee gets *** ****ed into being kited
    Last edited by ComaXO; 04-29-2011 at 12:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chopstx View Post
    Assumption

I see...I mistook your R-Pness as complaining. I will don my helm and tassets and take my leave. As sunlight escapes, casting shadows across the rocky wasteland, I'm reminded of how long the days of my youth seemed at that time. A better time. Now though, as the day fades, I will cherish these last few moments with waffles.

Rift Disciple

I'm /facepalming at this point dudes. I have no control, nor do I really care what happens to other classes.

I know the forum is vast, and you are all jaded by other posters, but I don't care about the dominator, I care about constructive posting.

Generic QQing is the problem here.
    This thread is constructive. Dominator will be avoided like the plague without a massive rework. If you don't care about other classes then why are you posting in a thread that isn't about rogue?

Generic trolling is the problem here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast