+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ideas for change

Default Ideas for change

Hi

Not going to go mad and whine I'm just going to put some suggestions forward.

Pyros:

Ground Of Strength should have either a 45 second cooldown and a 4 second cast time or a 6 second cast time on its own.

GOS can keep the original damage reduction skill (30%) but has an equal damage out reduction. The outgoing damage could be buffed to normal strength when being focussed say when you lose 45% HP it will be back up to full.

This is to encourage thought in using it and not just whacking it down whenever it pleases you.

Rogues/Warriors damage scaling:

Attack power seems to be of little use. This would take a number of things to be done to work correctly.

1: Give damage coefficients to each ability. This would make it much easier to tune damage from a devs point of view, although working out the sums to start with would take effort.

2: Half the stat value of attack power on gear. So essentially any attack power on gear would be doubled.

3: Moving on from number 2 - Adjust the attack power bonus of the class specific stats. Dexterity for rogues awarding 1 ap per point of dex and strength to do the same for warriors. While reducing the value of the other the opposing stat to .25ap. This would encourage appropriate gearing.

[Note] I am aware of the crit = resource for warrior system. Potentially there could be something put in place that would net warriors a small amount of crit from strength. Maybe something in one of the DPS souls. However, if tuned correctly the increased AP from stats may make white swings contribute to DPS better and so would encourage better use of resources allowing for white swings to hit and it not be a huge dps loss.

Clerics - I will hold of with my idea as it seems to have been actioned in part already. I have no issues with Clerics in PVE and in PVPs live game they have far too much damage reduction at high rank. Healing is great as is.

Stealth Rogues - Targeted AOE abilities such as fan out and reaver abilities should not break stealth. Ground abilities which can be avoided like rain of arrows or fire storm should. The AOE fear abilities are fine to effect rogues as they currently do, without bringing them out of stealth.

In the light of current CC changes, I feel dominator's should have a deep tree armour or buff that allows them to have stronger CC with fewer diminishing returns. Deep enough so that high damage builds cant take it. It could go in at 40 points.

With regards to the current proposed PVP changes. The only part i disagree with is silence sharing DR with stuns etc. I feel silence should have its own. The rest should stay as proposed the reason for this is there are a lot of powerful spells that are instant cast. This means they lack interruptibility. Speaking logically, silence does not make you lose control of your character, just prevents you from using abilities.

Just because I know people will speculate, I am an assassin rogue and yes some of the above would indeed help my class.

Thanks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by matthew84 View Post
    Hi

Not going to go mad and whine I'm just going to put some suggestions forward.

Pyros:

Ground Of Strength should have either a 45 second cooldown and a 4 second cast time or a 6 second cast time on its own.

GOS can keep the original damage reduction skill (30%) but has an equal damage out reduction. The outgoing damage could be buffed to normal strength when being focussed say when you lose 45% HP it will be back up to full.

This is to encourage thought in using it and not just whacking it down whenever it pleases you.
    -30% damage is an encouragement to never use it again. As it is, we're all getting broken CC immunity anyway, so who cares about GoS anymore? I get to be a mobile fulminating hatemachine

With regards to the current proposed PVP changes. The only part i disagree with is silence sharing DR with stuns etc. I feel silence should have its own. The rest should stay as proposed the reason for this is there are a lot of powerful spells that are instant cast. This means they lack interruptibility. Speaking logically, silence does not make you lose control of your character, just prevents you from using abilities.
    Only if disarm is taken off too...but then we start to defeat the whole purpose here don't we?
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 04-29-2011 at 11:13 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    -30% damage is an encouragement to never use it again. As it is, we're all getting broken CC immunity anyway, so who cares about GoS anymore? I get to be a mobile fulminating hatemachine

Only if disarm is taken off too...but then we start to defeat the whole purpose here don't we?
    I would go with that. yeah. Disarm and silence could share one? Lolz

Sez

suggestions
    Suggestions? Suggestion Forum!
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Suggestions? Suggestion Forum!
    Oh yeah... how do i move it?

+ Reply to Thread