+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Very Impressed w. Greater Fairie AI

Soulwalker

Default Very Impressed w. Greater Fairie AI

I just started using the greater fairie as a druid and have to admit that I'm very impressed with it's AI. It knows when to heal; not just me but itself at the appropriate times, it attacks at appropriate times. It paths really well, not perfect but pretty darn good, jumps down when needed to and has even followed me across narrow ledges. It responds to commands immediately, switching her to passive so she'll come closer to me and aggro less works really well in mid-fight.

At least a dozen times so far, during an ambush I'd written her off when the odds were too great and simply attempted to survive myself only to have her make that last critical heal, save herself and then actually aid me! Most pets are simply offensive or defensive in nature but to have one do both well and switch effortlessly on it's own. Well, I'm very impressed and having played many mmos and being a fan of having minions/pets I must say I've not seen a better one yet.

Whomever created/coded the greater fairie, my hat off to you sir.

Shadowlander

I always wondered about the druid pets. I've never tried one. Nice to hear they work well

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ISpeakJapanese View Post
    I always wondered about the druid pets. I've never tried one. Nice to hear they work well
    the fairy only works if you go 51points into it though at later stages.

i mean with 31points into druid it is healing me for 98hp/2sec. 98...

What does the healing look like at 51 pts? I can buy that they would be better at 51pts, but I'm wondering if it is so noticeable a difference as to lose many very important points in Shaman lol

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tolmos View Post
    What does the healing look like at 51 pts? I can buy that they would be better at 51pts, but I'm wondering if it is so noticeable a difference as to lose many very important points in Shaman lol
    due to the passive of druid its pretty noticable differance. Making full druid an 'alright' option if you want to gimp you dps somewhat.

if i remember correctly the healing was in the 300ies, not amazing, but good overall for solo sustainability.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    due to the passive of druid its pretty noticable differance. Making full druid an 'alright' option if you want to gimp you dps somewhat.

if i remember correctly the healing was in the 300ies, not amazing, but good overall for solo sustainability.
    Yea, that sounds like it. 300 every 2 sec would require NPCs to break 150dps and that is before your own self heals, armors, etc. You wouldn't die to an NPC or even several unless your faerie died.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tolmos View Post
    Yea, that sounds like it. 300 every 2 sec would require NPCs to break 150dps and that is before your own self heals, armors, etc. You wouldn't die to an NPC or even several unless your faerie died.
    you wont have that much healing with 51point druid either way.

overall, fairy is uselss atm.

for instance/raid dps satyr is better
    for soloing not going that high into druid and investing into justicar gives you more selfhealing than the fairy and the option to have satyr out for more dps.

Soulwalker

lol, this thread isn't about fairie healing or "end-game effectiveness". I was just commenting on how well they're designed in terms of mechanics not theorycraft. If you put numbers & in-game effectiveness aside and just sit back and watch it in it's support role, it's quite impressive in terms of behaviour. Never mind how high or how often it crit heals but the fact that it knows when to heal or attack either you, itself or a foe

Rift Disciple

Really? I thought its AI was freaking awful itd spam heals on me when i was at 90% instead of just dpsing + it would constantly pull **** it shouldnt because it was ranged, and as a druid your melee.

Farie dps is not something to put off either. In raid it can crit for 3k ish with faebolt.
    If you played FFXI then add me to your friend list.

+ Reply to Thread