+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CC Changes, who suffers worst?

Sword of Telara

Default CC Changes, who suffers worst?

I vote in order

Dom

almost all melee rogue souls

RB (double whammy with cc immunities and stonespear breaking on damage)

Shammy snare (just wont be used, will swap to +damage buff)

The rest of the souls I dont think will be bothered too bad. I think champs, ranged rogues and pyros arguably come out ahead of the rest, as champs were frequently slowed/locked in place and couldnt get to their target efficiently, pyros can flicker out and be one step closer to immune, if not gos immune already. Kiting rogues wont be perma-snared by RB's any more.
    Last edited by Corebot; 04-29-2011 at 06:01 AM.

As a champ, getting to the target is rarely a problem. Staying on the target when you get to them is. With charge acting as both a stun and a root this means anyone with any type of blink or speed boost will be able to kite a champ.

I think shamans may be in the same boat as champs. Don't rogues have some type of natural speed boost? I may be wrong on this.

Stonespear will be useless as a root, but at least it can be used as a ranged attack.

Every meleer.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    As a champ, getting to the target is rarely a problem. Staying on the target when you get to them is. With charge acting as both a stun and a root this means anyone with any type of blink or speed boost will be able to kite a champ.

I think shamans may be in the same boat as champs. Don't rogues have some type of natural speed boost? I may be wrong on this.

Stonespear will be useless as a root, but at least it can be used as a ranged attack.
    MM's have quite a bit of speed boosting ability.

As for getting away from a champ, the only thing running away for us mages typically is to let us die tired. LolLspears to the back of the head while trying to flamebolt someone to death is an exercise in futility. If we can't snare you reliably, we're going to get mowed down faster than we already do. Hastened withdraw + ride the wind will probably be the only hope we have of getting away, but speccing a toon to annoy someone at range and flee as far as possible as fast as possible (until the MM shows up to piss in our cheerios) isn't really a fun or viable pvp build.

I'd say mages in general are getting the shaft the hardest in 1.2

Well, them and stunlock rogues who don't have enough burst dps to actually stunlock 100-0 . That's a build/skill/gear issue though. The good ones won't care much.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 04-29-2011 at 06:52 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

If you're going to play melee, you better have good ping and fast reaction times, I'll say that.

Rift Disciple

Clearly, heavy spec Doms are going to get hit the hardest.

First, spells like Storm Shackle and Death's Edict that are used to not only cc a target, but are also some of the most damaging spells a dominator has are no longer going to be reliable for damage. IMMUNE!

Secondly, most of the dominator's spells have a least a 30s cooldown; some even longer. With the combo of increased DR along with the break free immunity, there are going to be lots more wasted casts with doms contributing nothing.

Lastly, dominators are going to be much easier kills for melee. Currently, a heavy spec dom can at least put up a fight while blowing cooldowns on several abilities to keep a melee off. After 1.2, any melee with a break free (and warriors can have more than one), will be immune to cc.

Dominators are 100% reliant on cc as their defense. They get no self shield, no heals, no hp buffs, no damage resistance buffs etc that other mage souls get. Take their cc away and they are free kills. Combine this with their better damaging abilities also getting nullified because of the break free, and we have a problem.

Rift Master

Doms get hit the hardest, its essentially nearly useless now.

Second is anyone who doesn't have a runspeed boost ability.

Rift Disciple

Stormcallers will suffer a lot if changes aren't made, as using basic preparatory offensive spells will disable all of their personal defenses - and Stormcallers aren't all that tough as it is.

Dominators of course will also be one of the most heavily hit if not the most heavily hit... and it's worth bearing in mind that Stormcaller recommends Dominator and Dominator recommends Stormcaller, so there will be people out there using both together.

Sword of Telara

Aside from the aoe snares and obvious control of dominator, I think mages have this the easiest. The primary pvp souls operate on killing, not controlling. If anything a warlock/pyro/chloro that is not inhibited by movement or silence is better off.

CC focused classes are a gimme theres no debate there.

melee'ers will suffer most as they need to be on top of their targets, and even simple latency will cost them now.

Sword of Telara

i said it once and i'll say it again.
    the CCs in this game are rather weak.
    90% are "break on damage".

i myself can toggle a nice ~11 seconds of root/snare/stun immune as a rogue so now i'll have 41 seconds .
    so i really like this change.

Plane Touched

Squishy melee spec that relies on stuns to kill target, will suffer the most.

Rift Chaser

Stormcaller after Dominator. Snares / knockbacks / roots are the basis of the soul's defenses. I liked the fact that SC went for a more indirect defensive system. Now as soon as I begin with a hypothermia spell, my defensive capability is halved. Next attack, Raging Storm, renders you immune.

All defensive abilities, like wind chill and icy vortex, are rendered useless before a melee attacker even gets to melee range. Hell, electrocute and wind chill might end up making you movement CC immune with a single cast since they contain 2 movement CC effects

As others have stated, Dominator's are getting the hardest hit. It is the only Soul in this game that is actually based around CC. They could rename Dominator to Crowd Control as that's what they are. Do they get a few damaging abilities? Sure, do they get 3x more CC abilities? Hell yes. Pretty much everything they have now is on DR after 2 casts, which means anything past Squirrel is useless.

Plane Touched

Who benefits the most? Clerics

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    I vote in order

Dom

almost all melee rogue souls

RB (double whammy with cc immunities and stonespear breaking on damage)

Shammy snare (just wont be used, will swap to +damage buff)

The rest of the souls I dont think will be bothered too bad. I think champs, ranged rogues and pyros arguably come out ahead of the rest, as champs were frequently slowed/locked in place and couldnt get to their target efficiently, pyros can flicker out and be one step closer to immune, if not gos immune already. Kiting rogues wont be perma-snared by RB's any more.
    Yea Dominator is clearly getting hit hard on this, especially with the dr groupings which now essentially put all usable cc on long range melee and casting into one dr group... so basically 1.5 ccs to take down someone with extended immunity period and immunity addon to break free.

You mentioned riftblade but i've heard that they weren't nerfed too much from this coupled with their other changes this update, my friend who plays warrior says he had been hearing in test that they are doing really good now and actually top dps for warrior because of the Avatar of the Rift (?) upgrade, or another ability if I'm remembering that wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast