+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice on AOE classes

Soulwalker

Default Advice on AOE classes

I am new to rift, never played it before and I would like to know a class designed for AOE purposes. I like farming with AOE abilities, so if there is a class that can handle multiable mobs at the same time with little downtime can you please suggest it.

I would prefer a class that is gonna be able to AOE thoughout the lifetime of Rift than rather the current popular AOE class which might get destroyed on the next update.

Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducks View Post
    I am new to rift, never played it before and I would like to know a class designed for AOE purposes. I like farming with AOE abilities, so if there is a class that can handle multiable mobs at the same time with little downtime can you please suggest it.

I would prefer a class that is gonna be able to AOE thoughout the lifetime of Rift than rather the current popular AOE class which might get destroyed on the next update.

Thanks for reading.
    Mmm.... what are you asking for? the most underpowered aoe spec? no guarantees over the balance dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    Mmm.... what are you asking for? the most underpowered aoe spec? no guarantees over the balance dance.
    I understand the balance issues are unpredictable, but I am asking for a class based around AOE that can farm solo. Not sure if you played World of Warcraft but a good example of the class I am looking for would be simular to the Paladin class in WOW.

Shadowlander

all classes: warrior/cleric/mage/rogue have souls which are aoe oriented. Warrior has reaver which is all about aoe plus souls like pally, champion, paragon have facets to aoe to embelish that line. Clerics Im no expert in but in leveling one so far you can go shaman for aoe melee or inquisitor for magic aoe. Mages are awesome with necro as a main an sub spec into warlock. Im most impressed with riftstalker/bladedancer souls with my rogue. I can literally take on 10 mobs an quickly kill them an be at 100% health as long as I time rift scavenger correctly.

The easiest from the start are mages imo an get soul drain as fast as possible in the necro line then everything else is gravy. Once you get a rogue to the 30's its amazing what they can do. Warriors reaver line was ***** in pve (why? I still have no clue what the logic was) but still is manageable with proper sub specs into pally an riftblade. Clerics are slow to get to the point where you can really start aoe'ing several mobs, around lvl 18 with inquisitor, then they start to do really well.

+ Reply to Thread