+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why are rogues getting buffed in PvE?

Default Why are rogues getting buffed in PvE?

The rogues in my guild are parsing over 900 DPS completly unbuffed on the boss dummy.
    Scale that to a raid and I have to ask... Why buff rogues?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    The rogues in my guild are parsing over 900 DPS completly unbuffed on the boss dummy.
    Ahhh, I see an angry mage has commeth to try and give a bit of QQ about the impending Rogue buffs in the hopes they will change them.

Fully raid geared T2/3 Rogues in a pidgeonholed NB revolving spec will hit for 900 dps, because NB is the only half decent spec for endgame DPS the Rogue calling currently has, MM are pathetic in PvE, Sin burst does not translate well in sustained environments, BD although great for AoE moments fall short of the NB.

They are the 3 classes in the calling getting buffed because they are indeed the underperforming souls.

NB, Ranger, Riftstalker and Bard are getting nothing So lets derail this pointless QQ train before it turns into yet another pointless thread of mage backlash.

Also parsing on a dummy does not equate to real raid damage, its been said over and over a hundred times.
    Last edited by Basilius; 04-29-2011 at 12:40 AM.

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    They are the 3 classes in the calling getting buffed because they are indeed the underperforming souls.

Also parsing on a dummy does not equate to real raid damage, its been said over and over a hundred times.
    Id like to focus on those 2 parts...

So being pigeonholed into 1 spec means something has to change? God mages know nothing about that... wait...

Parsing isn't "real" raid damage but it does translate. A rogue parsing 500 dps on the boss dummy isn't going to pull 1400 on Plutonus. A Rogue parsing 950 will.

Rift Master

So being pigeonholed into 1 spec means something has to change? God mages know nothing about that... wait...

Parsing isn't "real" raid damage but it does translate. A rogue parsing 500 dps on the boss dummy isn't going to pull 1400 on Plutonus. A Rogue parsing 950 will.
    Thats some strange math you got there buddy, love to know where that extra 450 dps is coming from.

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Soulwalker

If you have done plutonus you would know where the extra 450 is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildra View Post
    If you have done plutonus you would know where the extra 450 is coming from.
    Sounds like you're implying Cipher.. I(and anyone that isn't ******ed) filter it out

http://i56.tinypic.com/mc6ko0.png

D_B
    Champion

Really, REALLY simple answer to this:
    "Nerf Mages PLOX" threads? Over 9,000.
    "Nerf Cleric NAO!" threads? Nearly 9,000.
    "Nerf Warriors MOAR! They are TOO GUD!" threads? several thousand.

"Nerf Rogues" threads? Um... yeah, there was that one idiotic Pyro Mage claiming Rogues killed him by LOOKING at him, basically... but that's about it.

Rationally speaking, this pretty much tells us that all the classes have at least SOME souls for PVE or PVP that do work well... *EXCEPT* Rogues. PVE is not whining about how they do "too much DPS, it's unfair!" and PVP players are not whining about "Stealth AND burst is OP! NERF NOW!"

Obviously, Rogues need some work... and wouldn't it be nice if they could get a BUFF instead of everyone else taking nerfs to put them on equal footing?

More Nerfs is bad for everyone, buffing until it's more equal is MUCH better.

*edit*
    I am personally very happy with *MY* rogue in both PVE and PVP... but I play Riftstalker in both PVP and PVE and use Bard and Marks as needed for groups... I don't think a buff is "required", but looking at the forums it would seem better than nerfing everyone else.
    Last edited by D_B; 04-29-2011 at 03:51 AM.
    Players that ask to raid and then don't pay attention to the raid and cause wipes confuse me. Why bother? Players that join Warfronts and don't bother trying to win so they can "just have fun" running amuck randomly confuse me even more. When one joins a team, their lack of effort hurts all of those on that team. Why waste all those people's time? Don't they have better things to do than let someone selfishly run about and cost them time from their lives?
    "But it's only a game. I am having fun!"
    *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by D_B View Post
    Really, REALLY simple answer to this:
    "Nerf Mages PLOX" threads? Over 9,000.
    "Nerf Cleric NAO!" threads? Nearly 9,000.
    "Nerf Warriors MOAR! They are TOO GUD!" threads? several thousand.

"Nerf Rogues" threads? Um... yeah, there was that one idiotic Pyro Mage claiming Rogues killed him by LOOKING at him, basically... but that's about it.

Rationally speaking, this pretty much tells us that all the classes have at least SOME souls for PVE or PVP that do work well... *EXCEPT* Rogues. PVE is not whining about how they do "too much DPS, it's unfair!" and PVP players are not whining about "Stealth AND burst is OP! NERF NOW!"

Obviously, Rogues need some work... and wouldn't it be nice if they could get a BUFF instead of everyone else taking nerfs to put them on equal footing?

More Nerfs is bad for everyone, buffing until it's more equal is MUCH better.

*edit*
    I am personally very happy with *MY* rogue in both PVE and PVP... but I play Riftstalker in both PVP and PVE and use Bard and Marks as needed for groups... I don't think a buff is "required", but looking at the forums it would seem better than nerfing everyone else.

So your rationale is... No one is complaining about one of the better PvE/PvP balanced classes.. buff them?

What? 1400 DPS on Plutonus means Rogues do NOT need any sort of PvE Buff

Wow at anyone who posted their rant after the first reply, what a waste of 2 mins of your life for a bit of raging.

The first reply answered the OP's question, let's end it at that shall we.

P.s. I beat cipher in my sleep O_o
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-29-2011 at 04:12 AM.

rangers and nightblades are the only rogues that can push high dps. if you do not want to play a ranger or nightblade you will never do over 1.2k dps even in full relic gear. this is why rogues are getting buffed in pve. if you have 5 souls for pure dps and 2 of them can do good dps and 3 of them do sub-par to no dps then there is a problem, the buff is only to those 3 souls btw, so our max dps should be unchanged with the patch. i know on alpha i dont see any difference with the nb or ranger specs with my parses. and the BD spec went up some, assassin got nerfed, it's dps actually went down... dunno what trion was thinking here but i guess it is ok since assassin's burst went up for pvp.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

and a rogue parsing 950 will get 700 if lucky in any melee unfriendly boss other than Plutonus, which are the majority.

I love how certain rogues keep using Plutonus as their DPS gauge, when its well known no other boss has a mechanic so friendly for rogue damage...why arent they using other bosses?

an thats right, because even them feel shame of their damage in that encounters...
    Last edited by Kor Phaeron; 04-29-2011 at 04:43 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    rangers and nightblades are the only rogues that can push high dps. if you do not want to play a ranger or nightblade you will never do over 1.2k dps even in full relic gear. this is why rogues are getting buffed in pve. if you have 5 souls for pure dps and 2 of them can do good dps and 3 of them do sub-par to no dps then there is a problem, the buff is only to those 3 souls btw, so our max dps should be unchanged with the patch. i know on alpha i dont see any difference with the nb or ranger specs with my parses. and the BD spec went up some, assassin got nerfed, it's dps actually went down... dunno what trion was thinking here but i guess it is ok since assassin's burst went up for pvp.
    Well, then look at warriors. They are holled into one build, yes, just one. You can try other builds, but you will miss huge dps then (I am talking like easily 300+). You have at least 2 builds you can go. I am not saying that you shouldnt be buffed, but you can say that every class has practically only one viable raid dps build (mages SC, clerics Druid, warriors bm).

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalfirim View Post
    Well, then look at warriors. They are holled into one build, yes, just one. You can try other builds, but you will miss huge dps then (I am talking like easily 300+). You have at least 2 builds you can go. I am not saying that you shouldnt be buffed, but you can say that every class has practically only one viable raid dps build (mages SC, clerics Druid, warriors bm).
    except other warrior builds are almost keeping up with bm, mages have both necros and pyros doing good dps, clerics are hosed until 1.2 as only druid is viable dps... but 1.2 is soon! the problem warriors have are, they dont try the other specs!!! they dont even read the forums, they simply put, dont care. it's not like rogues where our next specs do 600 dps less than the top ones. warriors have specs that are 150dps or less under bm and are much more viable due to fights that kill the pet, and with the 1.2 fixes to riftblades you will see a lot more of them running around due to them averaging more dps than bm due to no pet.

with the change to static discharge, necro/locks will outdps sc in just about any boss fight come 1.2.

inquisitors got a HUGE buff, clerics will be sitting pretty come 1.2

assassin changes actually lowered their dps in 1.2, marksman changes did NOT make them viable for pve. bladedancer changes are amazing but need more testing, so looks like rogues will now have 3 options for dps yay! but ranger will still be the top dog due to the passives the stupid pet gives the owner, the ranger can melee for max dps which is lame, he should be a ranged user!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post

inquisitors got a HUGE buff, clerics will be sitting pretty come 1.2
    Would you like to clarify on the reason you gave such a dramatic adjective towards the cleric buff?

Just because they're abusing the dual wield weapon bugs doesn't mean we all are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast