+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Go ahead nerf INQ's ill just start maining a Full healer now im pvp

Shield of Telara

Default Go ahead nerf INQ's ill just start maining a Full healer now im pvp

Instead of Trion slightly nerfing pvp healing and buffing clerics ranged dps, they are doing the exact opposites, so i guess that means yet another stacked warden/templar for you guys to enjoy

if you want someone to blame blame trion not clerics, because in pvp there's no point in any of our other souls atm as they are all subpar in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    Instead of Trion slightly nerfing pvp healing and buffing clerics ranged dps, they are doing the exact opposites, so i guess that means yet another stacked warden/templar for you guys to enjoy

if you want someone to blame blame trion not clerics, because in pvp there's no point in any of our other souls atm as they are all subpar in pvp
    Do you think everyone blamed Trion for mages playing pyros for similar reasons? Nope. Expect the QQ train to be plowing into a station near you soon.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Plane Touched

uhhh what?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Do you think everyone blamed Trion for mages playing pyros for similar reasons? Nope. Expect the QQ train to be plowing into a station near you soon.
    Completely disagree.

People dont blame the class, they blame the people that allow this stuff to happen.

When is the last time you saw a 'dont play pyro!' thread, versus the mountain of 'nerf pyro!' threads. they're not telling the players to nerf pyros, are they? nope.

Just like cleric survivability now, and champs/sabs before. there is never an appeal to the players to take it easy in pvp, its always to the devs to fix it.

This will be no different.
    Last edited by Corebot; 04-29-2011 at 07:27 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post

Pst..news for ya. Healing clerics got big nerfs too. Survivability damage reduction talents got big nerfs, and there is now a cap on damage reduction.

So...that leaves you with healing. Now guess what? Everyone has finally figured out those abilities "50% reduction to healing" are actually pretty dang awesome, because it turns 1000 heals into 500 heals.

So not only are they turning out 800-900 dps on a person, but a healer's big heal takes 3 seconds, and then lands for....500.

Plane Touched

Inq already sucks in pvp.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbearr View Post
    Inq already sucks in pvp.
    after 1.2 i think it will be better than shaman and cabalist though.

not because of the buffs to inq, but because shaman will have no way to stay on target and cabalist will have no CC.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    after 1.2 i think it will be better than shaman and cabalist though.

not because of the buffs to inq, but because shaman will have no way to stay on target and cabalist will have no CC.
    cabalist already sucked!

Quote Originally Posted by Saboth View Post
    cabalist already sucked!
    Everything already sucked. There Was a few variations of one spec Taking Justicar/Templar and the healing tree of your choice that people cited as 'OP' when it was just a huge HIT ME sign for idiots, and even that achieved nothing except vaccuming up the other teams mouth-breathers and filled the cleric forums with pilo-o-crap posts about the second coming of God..
    Our beautiful, tortured biosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrawr View Post
    Everything already sucked. There Was a few variations of one spec Taking Justicar/Templar and the healing tree of your choice that people cited as 'OP' when it was just a huge HIT ME sign for idiots, and even that achieved nothing except vaccuming up the other teams mouth-breathers and filled the cleric forums with pilo-o-crap posts about the second coming of God..
    I love everything about this post. Mainly because it's all true.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrawr View Post
    Oh my Gawd: my grammar after two glasses of vino.

The point still stands regardless. The only change is that dead cleric souls are now officially dead, the only reason the healing souls hold up well is because they're healers, ergo they could make a huge difference if the team had say one more healer as compared to none at all.

If we can learn anything from classic psychology it's that once you give in to childish demands, demanding behaviour will become commonplace.
    Last edited by Ashrawr; 04-30-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    Completely disagree.

People dont blame the class, they blame the people that allow this stuff to happen.

When is the last time you saw a 'dont play pyro!' thread, versus the mountain of 'nerf pyro!' threads. they're not telling the players to nerf pyros, are they? nope.

Just like cleric survivability now, and champs/sabs before. there is never an appeal to the players to take it easy in pvp, its always to the devs to fix it.

This will be no different.
    Clerics were completely and totally fine. These nerfs merely shift the balance more towards mages in PvP.

There's a reason we all spec the way we do in PvP and that's because it's the only viable way to go. Going inq is terrible, save SH and soul drain. Oh but soul drain just got ninja-nerfed by a huge amount (more than 700-800 per target). And the inq/sham builds that were doing great in PvP for dpsing are really situational anyway.

Straight up healing is completely worthless against good players. There's always aoe heal debuffs happening and champs on someone who matters = impossible to remove heal debuff, even if I can pop a 5k heal on crit normally, 2.5k won't save someone taking 900 dps to the face (900*3 = 2700). And how many clerics do you know that can break 5k regularly? A normal 3s heal is going to hit for 2000-2200, so 1 heal debuff (and mages/rogues/wars get them in massive abundance and they're spammable or AoE too) means a cleric is completely incapable of keeping a player up through a single DPS. People don't seem to get this but the good players ignore clerics in heal spec as "useless." Toss a silence, heal debuff, then laugh all the way to the favor bank.

So we're left with the only other role we can perform -- self-healing and survivability. Both of these are being nerfed. Mages keep getting buffed, and even with the buffs to rogues I don't see them being mage killers. We still have a godmode CALLING (not soul) in PvP, and the QQ train is most assuredly 90% AGAINST mages, but that 5-6% about clerics being "too survivable" (you know, from under-geared pyros getting detaunted and being unable to pull a 5-6k crit on us) results in a nerf. I don't really understand what's happening here. Unless literally *ALL* of the devs play mages. That would be the only real explanation for these terrible changes.

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    Clerics were completely and totally fine. These nerfs merely shift the balance more towards mages in PvP.

There's a reason we all spec the way we do in PvP and that's because it's the only viable way to go. Going inq is terrible, save SH and soul drain. Oh but soul drain just got ninja-nerfed by a huge amount (more than 700-800 per target). And the inq/sham builds that were doing great in PvP for dpsing are really situational anyway.

Straight up healing is completely worthless against good players. There's always aoe heal debuffs happening and champs on someone who matters = impossible to remove heal debuff, even if I can pop a 5k heal on crit normally, 2.5k won't save someone taking 900 dps to the face (900*3 = 2700). And how many clerics do you know that can break 5k regularly? A normal 3s heal is going to hit for 2000-2200, so 1 heal debuff (and mages/rogues/wars get them in massive abundance and they're spammable or AoE too) means a cleric is completely incapable of keeping a player up through a single DPS. People don't seem to get this but the good players ignore clerics in heal spec as "useless." Toss a silence, heal debuff, then laugh all the way to the favor bank.

So we're left with the only other role we can perform -- self-healing and survivability. Both of these are being nerfed. Mages keep getting buffed, and even with the buffs to rogues I don't see them being mage killers. We still have a godmode CALLING (not soul) in PvP, and the QQ train is most assuredly 90% AGAINST mages, but that 5-6% about clerics being "too survivable" (you know, from under-geared pyros getting detaunted and being unable to pull a 5-6k crit on us) results in a nerf. I don't really understand what's happening here. Unless literally *ALL* of the devs play mages. That would be the only real explanation for these terrible changes.
    Your tears taste so sweet, especially if you think that your "only" role of healing and survivability was balanced. No one thought that was balanced, neither did the devs, take your nerfs like a man. At least pyros accept the GoS nerfs, we all knew it was coming.

Also, you must be pretty terrible if you think that going pure healer is useless. Have you ever even tried 51 warden? It completely owns in pvp, I think this is just a mask to QQ about your nerfs, pure healers are more useful than your lame gimicky survivability spec.

Telaran

Clearly I must have missed the god awful sky is falling nerf post. From what I remember Inq is getting a buff. What's new?

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrimm999 View Post
    pure healers are more useful than your lame gimicky survivability spec.
    That's the point, that was always the point, except instead of taking away the funzor lolspec or allowing people to learn how to deal with it by trail & error, they just shafted clerics of all specs. That gimic spec was a massive worm on a hook that too many idiot fish got caught on and then complained that they were getting smoked.

All you had to do was not touch the shiny cleric, completely ignore it no matter how tempting it may feel, and just like you said they would have almost no use compared to people with a properly utilized healing or damage spec. The only atrocity is that the crying and blatent foolishness got rewarded.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast