+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So, you have to be in melee to do damage, that's no big deal, right?

Plane Touched

Default So, you have to be in melee to do damage, that's no big deal, right?

Is there any expert dungeon that doesn't have extremely melee unfriendly fights?

Is there an expert dungeon that even has ranged unfriendly/magic unfriendly fights?

Why do rogues in melee to less damage than mages at range?

People say "if" the boss is melee unfriendly. IF? I can't really think of a dungeon without a melee unfriendly fight. They also seem to like doing this on the last, and hardest, boss.
    Last edited by Themistocles; 04-28-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Comparing how well roles do in a raid is pointless...

Try dpsing as a Dominator.

If you want to do decent melee dps as a rogue, Bladedancer without taking the dodge/parry talents is a must, dropping points into Assassin.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Themistocles View Post
    Is there any expert dungeon that doesn't have extremely melee unfriendly fights?
    DSM, for starters.

Is there a dungeon that even has ranged unfriendly/magic unfriendly fights?
    AP. Icetalon, and crud.. umm.. crab boss guy.. Whats his name? Renthar?
    KB, manticor fight must be done in melee range and Konstantine sux for everyone.

Why do rogues in melee to less damage than mages at range?
    CRA.P, this is a troll post, you got me!

People say "if" the boss is melee unfriendly. IF? I can't really think of a dungeon without a melee unfriendly fight. They also seem to like doing this on the last, and hardest, boss.
    You already said this, so I'll think up another example... CC, minus parts of cyclorax, but Cyclorax could be an example of a unfriendly boss to all types.

Greenscale - All the raid bosses are melee friendly
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    DSM, for starters.

AP. Icetalon, and crud.. umm.. crab boss guy.. Whats his name? Renthar?
    KB, manticor fight must be done in melee range and Konstantine sux for everyone.

CRA.P, this is a troll post, you got me!

You already said this, so I'll think up another example... CC, minus parts of cyclorax, but Cyclorax could be an example of a unfriendly boss to all types.

Greenscale - All the raid bosses are melee friendly
    You fed the troll
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    If I'm gonna pay someone to express contempt for me, it's gonna be a hot chick in leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    If you want to do decent melee dps as a rogue, Bladedancer without taking the dodge/parry talents is a must
    Eh....no it isn't.

Dev has stated that they want specific feedback for fights found to be overly punishing to melee roles. Please submit feedback including detailed write-ups regarding the encounters in question.

They want melee to be viable just as much as anyone but live players, as always, have more time-on-task for experiencing the content so can (when calm enough) provide valuable feedback.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    Comparing how well roles do in a raid is pointless...

Try dpsing as a Dominator.

If you want to do decent melee dps as a rogue, Bladedancer without taking the dodge/parry talents is a must, dropping points into Assassin.
    A lvl 42 Def Mage telling people how to play rogues...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    DSM, for starters.
    Expert Deep Strike Mines?

For starters? How about DSM proving my point FOR STARTERS.

Bonehew is not melee unfriendly? You actually gonna argue that?

PLUTONUS is not melee unfriendly? You actually gonna argue that?

I thought not.

You sure got a big mouth on you.

Plane Touched

For the record, I think the new changes to CC are an extremely bad idea.

It gets me thinking about something. I think you all know what.

Fire Gersh.

They're aware of the issue and tweaking existing content to be less brutal on melee.

As for melee-friendly: the entire River of Souls raid dungeon is completely melee-friendly. It was clearly designed after they realized their mistake with the melee-unfriendliness. Expect future content to be in line with this.
    Villainelle
    <Momentum>
    DEFIANT | SHATTERBONE US

There are tons of fights that are anti-ranged across all experts, half the fights involve giant gouts of flame or purple goo appearing under you constantly where you are having to run around and thus, not standing there dpsing. Bosses charge you and stun you, teleport out of range, summon adds to swarm from behind and gank you, make giant crystal death traps litter the field waiting for you to get feared into them so you can die horribly, etc. Not to mention the cleave range on alot of bosses is so big it doesnt matter if you're in melee range or not =P

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Relair View Post
    There are tons of fights that are anti-ranged across all experts, half the fights involve giant gouts of flame or purple goo appearing under you constantly where you are having to run around and thus, not standing there dpsing. Bosses charge you and stun you, teleport out of range, summon adds to swarm from behind and gank you, make giant crystal death traps litter the field waiting for you to get feared into them so you can die horribly, etc. Not to mention the cleave range on alot of bosses is so big it doesnt matter if you're in melee range or not =P
    the majority of "purple goo appearing under you" happens to melee as well. teleporting out of range DEFINATELY effects melee. adds and so on. really the only thing that dosnt effect melee but effects range is charging, however, only 2ish souls that are rdps cant do just as much dps while standing inside the boss.

that being said: i still use my melee dps role on about 80% of the bosses. usually its only 1 or so boss per dungeon that i switch to my range spec. atm, imho, it isnt -that- bad.

Plane Touched

Its a L2P issue. honestly. nothing more. just L2P. And it's not as hard as you can imagine. I casually run in 2 melee dps parties and we have no problems. Tweak your keybindings and learn to use ur mouse effectively for moving. Have some nice macros and learn to use your mobility/survival cds if u have any. Learn boss mechanics. Thats all there is about playing effectively in melee which are things that a good player should know anyway.

I know I have no problems when I go melee. In fact I dont remember a single boss where melee is a serious problem.

Is it (slightly) harder on some bosses ? yes.

Is it unplayable ? no.

Soulwalker

I'm not quite sure what this QQ thread is about. Every single boss in T2 is melee friendly except MAYBE Plutonus. Chances are the clerics just wanted everyone ranged so they don't have to worry about healing through your incompetence when you fail to joust and AoE or fail to move out of the game mechanic. Personally, I play a cleric and I solo heal all of these zones with the exception of a few named. Where are all of these melee unfriendly fights that you are talking about?

L2GameMechanic?

+ Reply to Thread