+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Problems with Mages or Clerics

Rift Master

Default No Problems with Mages or Clerics

IF they had left the Mana Drains of the Dominator & the VK alone.

That would have been balanced. They would L2P, or we would have to L2P. They would not have seem OP, nor would they be able to do the damage or heal like they can.

Why not give the Doms and VKs back there mana drain, and let them do what they are suppose to do. Its not like we are killing them in 1 shot. They do have options.

Just like they are telling us to do. I think if they left the hard counters in place, then it would have been balanced.

Rift Disciple

Mana drains wre to strong back then.. but now they are definetly waaaaaaaaaayyyyy to weak.
    p.s.... and Im a mage saying that
    Last edited by Athaulf; 04-28-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Athaulf View Post
    Mana drains wre to strong back then.. but now they are definetly waaaaaaaaaayyyyy to weak.
    p.s.... and Im a mage saying that

They were not to strong. They were just right for the task... Just like a healer you need to kill the Dom/VK

OR have a Dom/VK CC the other teams CCr

aux

Mana Drain was never good at level 50, only at low levels. Mages have good mana regen skills and clerics have good passive regen. It wouldn't change much.
    I'm so BORED

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Mana Drain was never good at level 50, only at low levels. Mages have good mana regen skills and clerics have good passive regen. It wouldn't change much.

They why do people say to CC the cleric or mage, when the CC in this game is like 3s even when the tooltip says 20.

There should be a way to take a player out so that you can effectively fight the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post
    They why do people say to CC the cleric or mage, when the CC in this game is like 3s even when the tooltip says 20.

There should be a way to take a player out so that you can effectively fight the other team.
    Because mana drain used to be an effective (over effective) counter. QQ ensued, got it nerfed. Now CC is all you have left.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Dom mana drain is still pretty good if fully talented. Before, you could drain anyone's full bar without breaking squirrel - that's OP. Dunno about VKs in the past but seem not as good as dom currently.

But yeah, there's nothing wrong with dominator spec. It's pretty strong. The reason you don't see many has more to do with pyro than it does with dom.
    Last edited by Stay; 04-28-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Dom mana drain is still pretty good if fully talented.
    I have it fully talented. You cant even drain 1/3 of their mana. I have use it full duration, and the still seem to have full mana. Then when I do effectively drain their mana. They just pot. Negating whatever I just did.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    there's nothing wrong with dominator spec
    What is the rotation or abilities used that make it so strong? Disorients dont seem to go their full duration, Not counting breakfrees and such.

draining mana will be the "only" way to deal with clerics in 1.2, so it does need a buff.
    Gladiators Warrior Rogue Hunter Priest RIP Arena
    Fixa - Prestige 6 Stormcaller - deleted because defiant are useless.

+ Reply to Thread