+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cleric Surviability might not all be coming from cleric it self

Rift Chaser

Default Cleric Surviability might not all be coming from cleric it self

After hearing stories of Clerics taking on 3 and 4 people and me being in the process of making a defense warrior for pvp.I taught i should share some stuff

Vindicator
    Guard-25% of targets damage is intercepted by the Warrior.
    Improve Guard-Increases the amount of damage transferred with Guard by 25%
    Phalanx-Reduces the damage taken by everyone in your group by 50% for 30 seconds
    Subdue-Taunts reduce your enemy's damage by 20% against anyone other than yourself.

Paladin
    Reverent Protection-Surround up to 5 allies within 35 meters with a field of energy that absorbs damage for 30 seconds:
    1 Point: 514 points of damage.
    2 Points: 899 points of damage.
    3 Points: 1284 points of damage.

Preservation-A single party member becomes protected by the energies of life. Any time they take damage they heal 10% of the damage taken. Cannot be cast on the Warrior.

Void Knight
    Rift Shield-Unleash all Pacts to shield an ally from the next 110 Spell damage per Pact unleashed, for 30 seconds.

People never stop to think hey maybe they are some outside factors.The group has Bard or Archon giving its buffs.Cleric has a fellow cleric healing it and maybe Warrior throwing out some it pvp tree stuff that cleric is going be pretty hard to kill.

With said don't let the topic fool i am huge supporter of Mana drains which solves this problem without touching the clerics classes and pve healing.Some sort of adjustment up is needed on mana draining but some of these God mode clerics are just clerics with teammates smart enough to protect the Cleric.In 1.2 expect to see couple on Incite Reavers in PvP.It is a team game
    Last edited by Kirabi; 04-28-2011 at 04:53 AM.

It's all coming from the cleric itself.

Sword of Telara

If the reports were coming from people saying '5 of us couldnt kill this one cleric while a warrior stood by him' then maybe

but really its just pew pew the warrior, facedesk from the cleric.

Plane Touched

Uhm what? Clerics are doing this by themselves. What do Wars have to do with it?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    If the reports were coming from people saying '5 of us couldnt kill this one cleric while a warrior stood by him' then maybe

but really its just pew pew the warrior, facedesk from the cleric.
    Stood by him?Guard has 35 meter range Reverent Protection has 35 meter range,Preservation has 20 meter range,Grim Lure and intercept has 20 meter range and Phalanax before it getting nerf in this patch is team wide buff.I am not saying it is only factor but you it might look a Cleric is all by himself.When reality his teammates are keep a already class that great survivability own its own.

Fought a Cleric last night who decided to run toward the scope in Codex. It was 4 of us vs him. He ran around scope and took the long way back to Codex before finally getting to a few of his teamates. Probably 2 minutes with all of the snares on him. He ended up killing 1 of my teamates and almost getting me by the time he got back to his team. At this point we all died.

The entire time, the cleric's health never dipped below 50%, and I was full PvP spec with 38 points into VK to keep him feared, silenced, dispelled, and drain mana when I could (I clear my target so that I can fear everyone and not root).

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    Fought a Cleric last night who decided to run toward the scope in Codex. It was 4 of us vs him. He ran around scope and took the long way back to Codex before finally getting to a few of his teamates. Probably 2 minutes with all of the snares on him. He ended up killing 1 of my teamates and almost getting me by the time he got back to his team. At this point we all died.

The entire time, the cleric's health never dipped below 50%, and I was full PvP spec with 38 points into VK to keep him feared, silenced, dispelled, and drain mana when I could (I clear my target so that I can fear everyone and not root).
    You are either making this story or you are totaly incompetent. L2P. You say FOUR of you were not able to kill solo cleric that was feared, dispeled, silenced ... realy ,,, you are making fool of yourself ...
    Last edited by Malevil; 04-28-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malevil View Post
    You are either making this story or you are totaly incompetent. L2P. You say FOUR of you were not able to kill solo cleric that was feared, dispeled, silenced ... realy ,,, you are making fool of yourself ...
    I can only dispel 3 buffs every 15 seconds, most players have 12+ buffs and can easily rebuff back up to prevent you from dispelling their buffs.

Fear is 5 seconds every 30 seconds (doubtful it lasted longer than 1-2 seconds with people on him). Silence is 9 seconds between two silences every 30 seconds. I have no clue what the PUGs I was with were doing, but it is doubtful they were built for more than dps. The issue was that the Cleric was able to spam heal himself back up to full life almost instantly when he was not CCd, while doing pretty decent dps.

I am only stating facts, and then you come on here with L2P? Grow the F up.

Rift Chaser

I can only dispel 3 buffs every 15 seconds, most players have 12+ buffs and can easily rebuff back up to prevent you from dispelling their buffs.

Fear is 5 seconds every 30 seconds (doubtful it lasted longer than 1-2 seconds with people on him). Silence is 9 seconds between two silences every 30 seconds. I have no clue what the PUGs I was with were doing, but it is doubtful they were built for more than dps. The issue was that the Cleric was able to spam heal himself back up to full life almost instantly when he was not CCd, while doing pretty decent dps.

I am only stating facts, and then you come on here with L2P? Grow the F up.
    That is where problem came you suppose to keep mana draining him instead of going for silence,fear. and CC.Mana drain are bad but do work eventually when cleric has keep himself up.If you have help then your only job is take away that mana bar.

PS.More points in Champ is better for dealing with Clerics.Proper timing+Devouring Blow+Lingering wounds going into effect make life a whole lot easier.
    Last edited by Kirabi; 04-28-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Telaran

Alternate theory: Clerics healing... other clerics?

Let me say I have 3 healers in a 10 man WF. If 6 people are focused on one healer... where are the other two healers throwing their heals? The third healer! Very good Timmy.

A self sustainability semi heal, semi tank cleric who comes out, makes it look like he is straight heal boting to draw in enemy fire, with another healer on him is nigh on unkillable, and rightfully so.

Not only did he manage to fool every herp that decided to derp all over him, but he is using a hybridized spec designed for him not to die.

If a healer can keep a tank up through a raid boss, isn't it pretty sensible that they can keep a half tank half healer up through 4-6 dps in sub optimal damage spec, who are only ccing the target and totally ignoring the other possible healers?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Faeyre View Post

Let me say I have 3 healers in a 10 man WF. If 6 people are focused on one healer... where are the other two healers throwing their heals? The third healer! Very good Timmy.

A self sustainability semi heal, semi tank cleric who comes out, makes it look like he is straight heal boting to draw in enemy fire, with another healer on him is nigh on unkillable, and rightfully so.

Not only did he manage to fool every herp that decided to derp all over him, but he is using a hybridized spec designed for him not to die.

If a healer can keep a tank up through a raid boss, isn't it pretty sensible that they can keep a half tank half healer up through 4-6 dps in sub optimal damage spec, who are only ccing the target and totally ignoring the other possible healers?
    Thank you.Throw in some bards,archon and warlod buffs.Maybe guard from a tank and people get full picture of what could be happening.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Faeyre View Post

i think that is what actually happen most of the time... i'm one of those hybrid cleric (justicar/shaman/warden) , while i'm durable which mean that i can substain some heal but can't survive focus fire that long on me sometimes when i'm in defensive and pushing a lot of heals I often receive a full heal from another healer giving the impression i'm unkillable but actually that is not the case

Telaran

He ended up killing 1 of my teamates and almost getting me by the time he got back to his team. At this point we all died.
    Did that teammate die to waterjet?

Telaran

Thanks god! Many idiots think cleric is God and ignore people 30 meters away helping him.

Rift Disciple

2 Defiant Clerics outside Sanctum. ('Survivors' of a failed push onto Sanctum bridge...)

Me in my 'generic' tank build at lvl 48-ish and a 50 healing cleric.

+7-ish guardians in the 40-50s focused me and ignored the healing cleric for as long as 4-5 minutes. No problems what-so-ever.
    Then some of them got smart and started hitting the 50 cleric. Took them another 2-3 minutes to take us both down, since we both healed each other and they split up their attacks between me and the 50.

The 'good' news is we didn't kill anyone, since they had healers themselves.

When we come prepared for pvp, we are epic against those who are not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast