+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Force Opening - New Bladedancer/Paragon passive?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default Force Opening - New Bladedancer/Paragon passive?

    Bladedancers and Paragons aren't 100% main soul viable in PvE because their so dependent on being hit so they can open up Dodge/Parry reactives and buffs.

    I think that when you choose Bladedancer/Paragon for a soul, you need to get a passive that acts as if you dodged/parried when you land a critical hit. Every buff and reactive available after you dodge or parry normally will open up, such as Reprisal, Turn the Blade, Turn the Tables, etc.

    This could make Bladedancer and Paragon very good souls in PvE (and PvP, against casters), but would it make them bat**** OP?

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Wulfhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skwurll View Post
    This could make Bladedancer and Paragon very good souls in PvE (and PvP, against casters), but would it make them bat**** OP?
    This is not a half bad idea, in my opinion. Might need some tweaking to perfect and of course one may wish to consider the thematics of it all. But it could ultimately be an interesting way to make both souls more dangerous in all situations.

    I don't think it would be overpowering, since both souls are average/below average across the board right now [except for solo farming as a Bladedancer]. At best they would become "good". Obviously some procs could be given an internal cooldown to offset the newfound power (Strike Back is the only one I can think of right now).

    Some would argue that this isn't really what Bladedancers and, to a lesser degree, Paragons are designed to do, both in theme and gameplay. I also do not think we would need to worry too much about pure Bladedancers or Paragons being overpowered, but rather how sub-specs into them would benefit.

    As a different train of thought, I'm certain it is possible to increase the effectiveness of Bladedancers and Paragons without this particular change. For example, reducing the duration of Exhaustion and increasing the benefit of Teaching of the Five Rings helps both of them out in a fairly simple way that won't have real implications when considering sub-specs.

    EDIT: Actually, if you really do just mean reactives and buffs becoming active on crits (and not passives, ie: Strike Back or Grace of the Five Rings), then a lot of my concerns above are not really that important.
    Last edited by Wulfhunter; 04-27-2011 at 06:59 PM.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Blade Dancers need a deep skill that lets them dodge/parry single target magic attacks

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple HyuJun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skwurll View Post
    Bladedancers and Paragons aren't 100% main soul viable in PvE because their so dependent on being hit so they can open up Dodge/Parry reactives and buffs.

    I think that when you choose Bladedancer/Paragon for a soul, you need to get a passive that acts as if you dodged/parried when you land a critical hit.
    i think a better idea would be to make this a toggle buff

    when toggled on makes crits activate your dodge/parry reactives but also makes it that you can not dodge or parry (disengage cant proc from this buff)

    the reason for this would be to prevent abuse of this in WFs where u will be getting hit, and disengage disabled from buff makes sense as a stun proccing on crit would not be good for anyone to experience

    this way in PvE dungeons they arent gimped but in WF where you do get hit everything would act as normal
    Last edited by HyuJun; 04-28-2011 at 08:47 AM.
    Nebiros / Bonestorm <Abandon All Hope>
    4/4 DH -- 4/4 GP -- 5/5 GSB -- 4/4 ROS -- 1/4 ROTP -- 1/11 HK

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HyuJun View Post
    i think a better idea would be to make this a toggle buff

    when toggled on makes crits activate your dodge/parry reactives but also makes it that you can not dodge or parry (disengage cant proc from this buff)

    the reason for this would be to prevent abuse of this in WFs where u will be getting hit, and disengage disabled from buff makes sense as a stun proccing on crit would not be good for anyone to experience

    this way in PvE dungeons they arent gimped but in WF where you do get hit everything would act as normal
    Not really necessary as trion uses cooldowns for balance anyway. Making it stance that is a choice would do that already anyway and when getting hit your parries are likely to go off making another stance a better choice.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts