+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: In other MMOs mages are squishy in Rift Mages are a new tank

Shadowlander

Default In other MMOs mages are squishy in Rift Mages are a new tank

WTB nerfs to mages survivability. With their DMG it is very high atm. Chrolo specced Locks. For the love of god nerf chloro's healing, or make it so whoever choses to heal as chloro will have 50% dmg debuff to any other dmg abilities from other trees

GOS Pyros (which other class has 30% dmg reduction with no CD?) Increase the damage pyro does by 20%, immunity to magic effects (but not stuns, interrupts) and let pyro take 40% extra damage while standing in GOS. There should be a trade off CC immunity for taking extra dmg or mitigating dmg but dealing a lot less dmg and not being able to be immune to CCs.

PUT CD ON NECRO'S SOUL PURGE - fkin seriously Necros tank melee like they are supposed to. I interrupted his first soul purge, silenced 2nd one, interrupted 3rd one on my RS/CHamp and he still got off the 4th time and healed himself to full. Really? NO CD?

This is such a BS state of a game its discouraging. NO MAGES SHOULD BE ABLE TO TANK MELEE IN MELEE RANGE AND SURVIVE. NONE. This is freaking unheard off.

In any MMOs mages were supposed to kite melee except for RIFT and WARHAMMER. In Warhammer BW were OP, followed by Sorc, then Healers then other melee and THEN RANGED HUNTER. Sounds similar situation? oh yeah welcome to Gersh's way of balancing game.

PLEASE LET MAGES DIE TO MELEE OR KITE EM!!!

Shadowlander

PLEASE LET MAGES DIE TO MELEE OR KITE EM!!!

I seriously never played a game where mage would not have to worry about kiting melee because of how little melee damage is or high mage's survivability. Necros cast soul purge in melee's face non stop. Interrupt -> soul purge next global, silence -> soul purge as soon as he out of the effect. Lock + Chrolo -> whose brilliant idea was allowing CHrolo do full dmg from other mage's specs while they are going full healer mode? Pyros -> Why the most bursty class has best non breakable root? CC escape and CC immunity and 30% damage reduction. I know Gersh likes his baby but seriously did anyone ever could not see a problem there?

Mages need a hit in survivability because it is fkin sad when they can negate interrupts, silences and stand in melee range free cast.

My friends said - "Rift was given to us by a god so we could enjoy WoW PvP more." This statement sounds more and more accurate with each passing day...

Shield of Telara

Otherwords your whole post can be summed up as, "Whaaaghhh, I hate it that I need strategy now to beat a mage, instead of pre 1.1 where mages were free favor"

Rofl Nerf Chloro or Necro Soul Purge, seriously if u cant outdamage a necros or chloro's healing ability you just plain suck.

Shadowlander

Soul Purge heals Necro up to full a few times over 100 charge. All they have to do vs melee are apply dots, put a pet on and spam soul purge.

Mages are not squishy as they should be. Warriors and rogues are by far more squishy than most mages. So how a ranged DPS with amazing DMG by far better than warriors or rogues are more tanky as well?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhartt View Post
    Soul Purge heals Necro up to full a few times over 100 charge. All they have to do vs melee are apply dots, put a pet on and spam soul purge.

Mages are not squishy as they should be. Warriors and rogues are by far more squishy than most mages. So how a ranged DPS with amazing DMG by far better than warriors or rogues are more tanky as well?
    Rofl more tanky.... Explain why then as a mage npc's in expert dungeons one shot me, while the warrior can several of them? Exagerate much?

Whats sad is that on my assassin I have absolutely no problem killing mages, clerics, warriors or whoever else. I guess I actually know how to play the class. Ill give you a hint with melee rogues your strength is that YOU have the ability to choose the when and where you fight and how long you fight.

Plane Touched

I think your gear & spec just blows.

There's soo much cc & kite breaking tools in the game that the idea of kiting, especially in zerg pvp is nothing more than wishful thinking. Kiting isn't going to happen in this game with the tools available to everyone & GL kiting range, which everyone has access to.

Plane Touched

Oh, & you're complaining about mage survivablity. Have you even looked at the cleric?

Shadowlander

Exclamation

His right mages are way op at the moment. What other class can put out fantastic burst damage while at the same time healing themselves and locking down others with cc. Take a look at the lower pvp matches ESP the 30-40 range it's pretty much all Mage vs Mage teams. The big problem currently is that mages have always been venerable to melee and cc's and this no longer is the case

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier1 View Post
    I think your gear & spec just blows.

There's soo much cc & kite breaking tools in the game that the idea of kiting, especially in zerg pvp is nothing more than wishful thinking. Kiting isn't going to happen in this game with the tools available to everyone & GL kiting range, which everyone has access to.
    This is why everybody lvling mages or clerics right?

Plane Touched

The guy is complaining about soul purge. Of all things, that's like the last thing melee should be worried about. Soul purge is weak to anyone that has achieved any level of PVP progression.

Plane Touched

This is why everybody lvling mages or clerics right?
    Problem is people that reroll, never develop their origional characters to max PVP potential or learn their class. They base their game around their experience as an undergeared, uneducated & unthinking player that can't stick to anything or adapt & they think that's all there is to the game when infact they themselves have a long way to go. So no matter how often they reroll, they will always be behind those that stick with it.

By the time those rerollers develop their "mages or clerics" the FOTM will go back to melee, so all the time they spent chasing FOTM is wasted, when all they had to do was L2Play with their original class.

Shadowlander

The guy is complaining about soul purge. Of all things, that's like the last thing melee should be worried about. Soul purge is weak to anyone that has achieved any level of PVP progression.
    I am complaining about mage's capability of tanking

Shadowlander

Problem is people that reroll, never develop their origional characters to max PVP potential or learn their class. They base their game around their experience as an undergeared, uneducated & unthinking player that can't stick to anything or adapt & they think that's all there is to the game when infact they themselves have a long way to go. So no matter how often they reroll, they will always be behind those that stick with it.

By the time those rerollers develop their "mages or clerics" the FOTM will go back to melee, so all the time they spent chasing FOTM is wasted, when all they had to do was L2Play with their original class.
    I tend to disagree. People have a tendency to go with the easiest class they can get their hands on. The potential of mages is by far more superrior and easier to play than melee thats why everyone goes mages

In addition people do not want to play a gimped class. Warriors and rogues in this case
    Last edited by Reinhartt; 04-27-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Plane Touched

I tend to disagree. People have a tendency to go with the easiest class they can get their hands on. The potential of mages is by far more superrior and easier to play than melee thats why everyone goes mages
    They weren't saying that when the game came out, were they. When I leveled my mage, it was considered the weakest of all the callings out there, when I knew they were late boomers. People cried & complained about mage's inability to do anything saying that Mages were free kills.

The bad players rerolled from mage to melee, taking advantage of bugs that Trion fixed, the good players stuck with it & became the very mages the community cries about.

So now those rerollers that never bothered to learn anything want to reroll from melee, back to the class they abandoned? To bad for them. My point stands.

Shadowlander

They weren't saying that when the game came out, were they. When I leveled my mage, it was considered the weakest of all the callings out there, when I knew they were late boomers. People cried & complained about mage's inability to do anything saying that Mages were free kills.

The bad players rerolled from mage to melee, taking advantage of bugs that Trion fixed, the good players stuck with it & became the very mages the community cries about.

So now those rerollers that never bothered to learn anything want to reroll from melee, back to the class they abandoned? To bad for them. My point stands.
    rofl sure...
    They became the community cries about. Does that include mage's tankiness or 1 shot mechanics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast