+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: casters are the best pvp tankers O.o

Sword of Telara

Default casters are the best pvp tankers O.o

im wondring which class can tank(pvp-wise) the best? pyro or cleric?
    i guess cleric.

can someone kill a cleric 1vs1?(both of you rank 6) i've never seen it before.

If I were a rogue, I would be embarassed.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    i guess cleric.

A cleric tank is not a caster for the most part :/

i guess cleric.

me bishopx ran into Baha... a shield using warrior and and I kited him off to the side so I could kill him. stunned me and devoured my face.
    perhaps you should play to 6 and stop theorycrafting.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    me bishopx ran into Baha... a shield using warrior and and I kited him off to the side so I could kill him. stunned me and devoured my face.
    Please don't insult the concept of theorcraft by associating it with anything nodisplay does or posts.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Sword of Telara

you silly,you dont need a shield to tank you have your magical powers

If the mage is running some form of necro/lock, he will probably come out on top, just because he won't run out of mana and the cleric will........eventually.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee View Post
    If the mage is running some form of necro/lock, he will probably come out on top, just because he won't run out of mana and the cleric will........eventually.
    Warlocks have tank survivability for 8 seconds, and then they're dead.

This conversation shouldn't even be happening. Find me a video of a mage that can survive 5-10 people focus firing them. You won't manage it.

Cleric's tank way better than any mage, hands down. The closest thing a mage could pull to tank level survivability was detaunt on a GoS pyro to one target, and that's going away with 1.2, while clerics are getting buffed. Clerics don't need detaunt to tank half a raid.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 04-27-2011 at 06:18 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post

This conversation shouldn't even be happening. Find me a video of a mage that can survive 5-10 people focus firing them. You won't manage it.

Cleric's tank way better than any mage, hands down. The closest thing a mage could pull to tank level survivability was detaunt on a GoS pyro to one target, and that's going away with 1.2, while clerics are getting buffed. Clerics don't need detaunt to tank half a raid.
    it almost looks like you agree that clerics are OP

it almost looks like you agree that clerics are OP
    I agree, but what's the point? Trion's going to do whatever they want, and the only thing that will change it is a QQ roar loud enough to be heard in the general forums, much like the pyro QQ has been.

I for one don't have the energy to give a **** anymore. I can recognize that clerics are precariously balanced, being able to tank in PVE and heal raid bosses is going to be a pain to adjust in PVP without gutting them.

If I were a rational man, I'd actually care that some balance be struck, but now I just don't. Go get em tiger, so I can sit back and lol while I pull down some more pips on the euro dollar while standing around buff botting in pvp.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 04-27-2011 at 06:41 AM.

I was referring to the 1v1. Sorry should have made that clear.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Sword of Telara

clerics are gods

Plane Walker

5 versus 1 is balanced!

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    That's because warriors have access to 3 CC's on differing drs AND interrupts. It's pretty ******ed to be chain ccd by one warrior while I have no recourse. Would trade my left nut to run dom with 8.5k+ health and be able to completely disable one target while I kill them.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

Plane Touched

casters are the best pvp tankers O.o
    What kind are we talking about here?

Oil, Chemical, Aircraft, Personnel or Ship? Or maybe André Tanker?
    Last edited by Kellogg; 04-27-2011 at 10:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast