+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Silence = Useless in this game

Soulwalker

Default Silence = Useless in this game

Why did Trion even care to give melee silence spells when its almost useless. In PvE you can use when needed but in PvP it's not even worth to put that spell on your actionbar.

Can't you give melee a silence that works on instant cast spells? Cleric and mages have so many instant spells so your silence have no use at all. We can only use it on spells with cast time. Give the silence effect a shorter duration than 5 seconds but make it work on instant cast spells too.

I think it would be a nice step to balance PvP and make the healers work harder than they do in warfronts at the moment. Now they just stand and spam heal without no strategy or skill.

Sez

This thread makes me laugh. You say this word.. "Silence." I don't think it means what you think it means...
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Do you mean interrupt ?
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Rift Chaser

Silence is useless eh? I disagree. It's quite effective to stand next to a mage or cleric with Arresting Presence active.

I'm fairly sure he does mean interrupt though.
    Last edited by Kavrae; 04-26-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavrae View Post
    Silence is useless eh? I disagree. It's quite effective to stand next to a mage or cleric with Arresting Presence active.

I'm fairly sure he does mean interrupt though.
    Better yet, put it on Champion and call it "Raving Lunatic" enemies in the area are silenced as they cannot even hear themselves think over the obnoxious and insane ramblings of the berserking warrior. Energy regeneration is halved while this ability is in use. It could come with a hilarious audio emote while it's active too, like the Brick in Borderlands
    Last edited by Magnos; 04-26-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    This thread makes me laugh. You say this word.. "Silence." I don't think it means what you think it means...
    Hello... My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die

Now I gotta go find my copy of The Princess Bride

Plane Walker

I laughed when I read this thread title because silence is perhaps my biggest worry as a cleric. Multiple silences pretty much negate my abilities.
    Eol, Chloromancer and Justinian, Inquistor, Guardians of Faeblight.
    Previous incarnations include: Camring and Camran, SWTOR; Ceol & Duri - LotRO; Eol - L2; Kili - WoW; Camring - SWG; Justinian, Camring - DAoC

Rift Disciple

Wheres melee silence + purge all those given to mana users who dont even use those -,- we got useless interrupts only1 castin is pyro but immune to cc.

I think there's some misconception that if a cleric doesn't immediately roll over and die when you hit your macro, skills are broken and don't work.

Silence is a big deal. Interrupts are a big deal. Clerics are using instants because that's all that works with all the interrupts. It they weren't there everyone could just run PvE spec. And even if there aren't big numbers coming off the mana drains, every little bit is painful. The cleric either dies or has to find a way to run away (not healing his group) to go drink somewhere.

I'm guessing he's talking about Weapon Barrage, the only silence a rogue gets. It requires an interrupt to get the silence, so the OP does have a point that it's not really that useful in pvp. The silence effect is great, but only goes off if you successfully interrupt a spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkonis View Post
    I'm guessing he's talking about Weapon Barrage, the only silence a rogue gets. It requires an interrupt to get the silence, so the OP does have a point that it's not really that useful in pvp. The silence effect is great, but only goes off if you successfully interrupt a spell.
    the bonus is that it's only a 10s cooldown, is off gcd, and has a 20m range as a melee class

(not saying it's OP, I actually like that skill - more interesting than just another 40s-1m cool 5s silence)
    Last edited by Noobins; 04-26-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    |: Zapafaz - 5x Mage :| |: Kethirus - 50 Cleric :| |: Zahrivesi - Levelling Rogue :| |: Feynara - 2x Warrior :|

- Faeblight ◊ Bahmi -

What is this I don't even
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Windspear ftw!

djc
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Harkonis View Post
    the only silence a rogue gets.
    and Smother?

Quote Originally Posted by djc View Post
    and Smother?
    And these two:

Choking Gas Bomb

Concussive Blast

Weapon Barrage and Smother, for reference:

Weapon Barrage

Smother (requires stealth, tooltip lies)
    Last edited by Noobins; 04-26-2011 at 05:27 PM.
    |: Zapafaz - 5x Mage :| |: Kethirus - 50 Cleric :| |: Zahrivesi - Levelling Rogue :| |: Feynara - 2x Warrior :|

- Faeblight ◊ Bahmi -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast