+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It's not just the players: "How overpowered is spelled in Telera"

Default It's not just the players: "How overpowered is spelled in Telera"

Isz
    Champion of Telara

You couldn't possibly find an issue that everyone is already MORE aware of. Trions is looking at it, what else is there?

By pve people, for pve people.

In the first few weeks of Rift, Mages were a rare sight around Telara. Fast forward a few weeks and you can’t swing a stick without hitting one. While the reasons for this bunny-like explosion are numerous, the biggest one is the buffs made to the Pyromancer soul.* In terms of raw firepower (pun intentional) there is no better soul, which makes it a perfect addition to virtually every Mage build.**
    *Inferno is now off-cd, that's it. There was no major buffs.
    **There is no room for pyro in healing and support builds. And no place in some dps ones.

Pros
    Hits harder than an angry Mike Tyson
    Well suited for multiple mobs due to powerful AoE
    Best option for primary soul in a DPS build*
    Excellent synergy will all souls**
    *On par with warlock
    **No synergy with necro, bad synergy with elementalist, no synergy with chloro, etc.

Cons
    Glass cannon
    Aggro can be hard to manage*
    Will be target of class balancing and face reductions in power over next few updates**
    *It can't. Their pve dps is horrible, stormcaller will make them eat dust even in a solo target competition.
    **In case devs will listen to the cries of idiots, who desperately try to pvp having 30 IQ.
    Last edited by Ashgan; 04-26-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    We don't die, we go to hell and regroup.

Pyromancer\Dominator

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ashgan View Post
    By pve people, for pve people.

*Inferno is now off-cd, that's it. There was no major buffs.
    **There is no room for pyro in healing and support builds. And no place in some dps ones.

*On par with warlock
    **No synergy with necro, bad synergy with elementalist, no synergy with chloro, etc.

*It can't. Their pve dps is horrible, stormcaller will make them eat dust even in a solo target competition.
    **In case devs will listen to the cries of idiots, who desperately try to pvp having 30 IQ.
    they got a new fire shield = instant ground
    also its not DPS he probably meant PURE GODLY BURST

Quote Originally Posted by Isz View Post
    You couldn't possibly find an issue that everyone is already MORE aware of. Trions is looking at it, what else is there?
    You did read the 1.2 patch notes, did you? They are buffing mages in PvP instead of toning them down.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...getting-nerfed

Plane Walker

As a melee centric class, the only way I have found to deal with pyros is attack them from range with dots so they don't see up front damage and you can sneak in a kill.

Unless they have a healer. In which case don't even bother.

With a landslide of legitimate problems with Pyro, I find it almost uncontrollably hysterical that your link touched on almost none of them and focused on issues that aren't even factually correct.

I think that page was made by a Pyro who created a fake Pros/Cons list in order to protect Pyros.

Altho it's more likely just someone who's only experience with Pyro is on a soul builder.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Sword of Telara

ITT: the whole world knows pyros are out of freaking control

...except the pyros

You did read the 1.2 patch notes, did you? They are buffing mages in PvP instead of toning them down.
    Well you haven't read them did you?

Two main pyro specs got nerfed. Gos now gives you 10% damage loss, coupled with new valor (which is a main nerf for a pyro, as it's not intended to be successfull in long fights), will be arount 20-40% damage nerf on a finely geared characters I think. People from test server say that valor reduces damage taken much more. Ex. 8% becomes 22%. And personally I have 6.6% reduction atm and I only have 240~ valor. So 30% damage reduction may be real, coupled with 10% nerf from gos, your fancy turret bot goes to halved damage.

But!

If you're pve geared scrub, new pvp weapons will somehow "balance out" those 10% loss from gos, and as you won't have valor, it will hit you for the same, if not more, damage. So you'll still be 1 shotted and bursted in seconds.

Obvious conclusion is - don't be a scrub.

Dominator\pyro build got kicked in the balls with both bigger dr window, CO nerf and new valor.

Which won't stop me from killing baddies 3v1

But you think there will be no nerf. Because you read someone's post and took it as truth. Have you even read patch notes yourself, or have you even asked people from ptr what's it like?

ITT: the whole world knows pyros are out of freaking control

...except the pyros
    ... and good players.

Every class but warriors is able of killing a pyro.

Even more - pyro have hard counders.

I'll tell that 1 more time. Almost every popular now spec will make pyro eat dust in stable dps. Pyros got good burst, other than that, their damage is bad. If you survived their burst - feel free and dandy, cause their cb, inferno, flame bolt is on the cd. And next time they won't be ready soon unless heatwave is used. Heatwave is the second sourse of somehow good burst. It's not even a burst tho, it allows to cast 3 1 second cast fireballs in a row as dominator\pyro, but on full pyro it's just 15 sec dps increaser, which can be called a burst ability, but it's not actually is.
    Last edited by Ashgan; 04-26-2011 at 02:27 PM.
    We don't die, we go to hell and regroup.

Pyromancer\Dominator

Sword of Telara

Two main pyro specs got nerfed. Gos now gives you 10% damage loss, coupled with new valor (which is a main nerf for a pyro, as it's not intended to be successfull in long fights), will be arount 20-40% damage nerf on a finely geared characters I think. People from test server say that valor reduces damage taken much more. Ex. 8% becomes 22%. And personally I have 6.6% reduction atm and I only have 240~ valor. So 30% damage reduction may be real, coupled with 10% nerf from gos, your fancy turret bot goes to halved damage.

But!

If you're pve geared scrub, new pvp weapons will somehow "balance out" those 10% loss from gos, and as you won't have valor, it will hit you for the same, if not more, damage. So you'll still be 1 shotted and bursted in seconds.

Dominator\pyro build got kicked in the balls with both bigger dr window, CO nerf and new valor.

But you think there will be no nerf. Because you read someone's post and took it as truth. Have you even read patch notes yourself, or have you even asked people from ptr what's it like?

... and good players.

I'll tell that 1 more time. Almost every popular now spec will make pyro eat dust in stable dps. Pyros got good burst, other than that, their damage is bad. If you survived their burst - feel free and dandy, cause their cb, inferno, flame bolt is on the cd. And next time they won't be ready soon unless heatwave is used. Heatwave is the second sourse of somehow good burst. It's not even a burst tho, it allows to cast 3 1 second cast fireballs in a row as dominator\pyro, but on full pyro it's just 15 sec dps increaser, which can be called a burst ability, but it's not actually is.
    You can 'tell that' a million more times, it wont matter.
    If everyone else thinks pyros are redonk, then pyros are redonk. Deny all you want, it be troof.

It doesnt matter how many buttons you have to push to do it, pyros kill everyone else faster than they can be killed. that is not balance. balance

But!

... and good players.

Pretty much. Not much else to say really.

It all boils down to perception. If something is percieved to be broken, QQ will see it nerfed, facts be damned.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    You can 'tell that' a million more times, it wont matter.
    If everyone else thinks pyros are redonk, then pyros are redonk. Deny all you want, it be troof.

It doesnt matter how many buttons you have to push to do it, pyros kill everyone else faster than they can be killed. that is not balance. balance
    Yes, let's use the opinions of the masses to discover what truth is. What if everyone else thought monotheism was silly? Are you going to say the one true religion is buddhism because it currently has the most followers worldwide? What the most people say based on their own experience without any collected evidence or objective analysis is now what we define as true?

I couldn't give a crap about whether or not pyros are OP. But that reasoning is just abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by stavos View Post
    Yes, let's use the opinions of the masses to discover what truth is. What if everyone else thought monotheism was silly? Are you going to say the one true religion is buddhism because it currently has the most followers worldwide? What the most people say based on their own experience without any collected evidence or objective analysis is now what we define as true?

I couldn't give a crap about whether or not pyros are OP. But that reasoning is just abysmal.
    MMO's don't make money on truth, they make it on subscriptions. If I convince everyone that clerics are unkillable in PVP no matter what you do to them (and that won't be hard to do) and Trion doesn't turn around and nerf them within the next two patches, Trion runs the risk of having significan't portions of 75% of it's player's pvp base quit.

What do you think they'll do? Seek truth, or keep $?
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

I am so surprised that the two over zealous pyro white knights showed up to yet another thread! Ashgan and the Leviathan give it up already your spin machine is getting tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullset View Post
    I am so surprised that the two over zealous pyro white knights showed up to yet another thread! Ashgan and the Leviathan give it up already your spin machine is getting tiresome.
    Why are you still bitter? Didn't they gut GoS enough for you?

Or are you one of the CC crutch monkies?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast