+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I play a healer so I get less Favor?

Soulwalker

Default I play a healer so I get less Favor?

Why?

I play one of the most hated and almost impossible starting souls there are. I keep WFs together, I can carry Shards, hold down Nodes, but all for less Favor?

Trion mind explaining?

Telaran

You dont offer any proof, or even an example. For all we know you could just be a terribad player whos afk most of the match. what do you expect to accomplish here lol.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Xotaatox View Post
    Why?

I play one of the most hated and almost impossible starting souls there are. I keep WFs together, I can carry Shards, hold down Nodes, but all for less Favor?

Trion mind explaining?
    I'm not defending the mechanic for favor being alloted to healers, but as an alternative: every healing build has options for offensive play. You should be able to tag enemy players with instants (dots or nukes) without affecting your ability to heal.

Shield of Telara

Favor is somewhat broken for healing and can be annoying, but fixing it is pretty low on my priority list of how I want them to be spending their resources right now.

Sword of Telara

Why?

Trion mind explaining?
    You are playing WF wrong. Atleast if you look at what most others are doing. Just hit random enemies and ignore everything that has to do with the WF objectivs, its what you get most Favor from!

Personally I'd love it if they removed or close to removed all Favor from kills and forced people to care about objectivs instead.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    You are playing WF wrong. Atleast if you look at what most others are doing. Just hit random enemies and ignore everything that has to do with the WF objectivs, its what you get most Favor from!

Personally I'd love it if they removed or close to removed all Favor from kills and forced people to care about objectivs instead.
    That is truly how it works sadly...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Alakith View Post
    You dont offer any proof, or even an example. For all we know you could just be a terribad player whos afk most of the match. what do you expect to accomplish here lol.
    I don't understand what you expect to accomplish by posting something as stupid as a reply as this?

You can look at ANY WF favor gain at the end of a game (Reguardless of win/loss) and you will see the healers will have gained less favor than than anyone DPSing.

Why?

Trion mind explaining?
    Favor gain in WF depends on how close you are to a "kill," the closer you are, the more favor you gain, just stick close the action where lots of people are getting killed. It has nothing to do w/ damage done, healing done, and all that other nyerk. When an enemy dies, he/she gives favor/prestige to the opposing players.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    Favor gain in WF depends on how close you are to a "kill," the closer you are, the more favor you gain, just stick close the action where lots of people are getting killed. It has nothing to do w/ damage done, healing done, and all that other nyerk. When an enemy dies, he/she gives favor/prestige to the opposing players.
    Yes, so as healers we should ignore the people doing objectives (which is generally the minority), throw the match and run after the people scattered all over the map killing in small pockets away from objectives.

Sounds like a great plan to me.
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyhana View Post
    Yes, so as healers we should ignore the people doing objectives (which is generally the minority), throw the match and run after the people scattered all over the map killing in small pockets away from objectives.

But hey, if the opposing team is dead, you'll win too!

On a serious note though, you can still do objectives while being near the action. Courtyard in Scion, Near the FC in BG, Codex in Codex - or thontic/scope, Whitefall is really just based on how you play.
    Last edited by xaed; 04-26-2011 at 08:36 AM.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

But hey, if the opposing team is dead, you'll win too!

On a serious note though, you can still do objectives while being near the action. Courtyard in Scion, Near the FC in BG, Codex in Codex - or thontic/scope, Whitefall is really just based on how you play.
    This is true - if people knew the objectives.

I have been near the bridge/ cathedral in Scion and you know what happens? We see enemies - I start healing people, they scatter then I get attacked by 5 players and die - they see 5 players and run. lol.

BG Flag carrier - my team mates seem to believe that running away from the FC (not just defending our lines - running off into weird places)

Codex ... oh wow. That's great if you have a decent group, but standing near the back, and being attacked and your team mates running off to vault is an amazing experience. Statue/ Scope is useless, if you stand near there as a healer everyone else leaves lol - it's actually what I do to help win, stand guard, call inc - win match get less favor than others running around like headless chickens lol

Whitefall I actually just go DPS these days. Unless we have a competent team, then I'll heal.

The other reason we get less favor is because we die more - we are targeted and there's a good chance our team mates won't see/ care. Death means you are away from kills more and = less favor.
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

Ascendant

mmm, no, actually he just described to you how the game works now, he didnt say that its a good things - Trion already decided that its not a desired mechanic so they have put a fix in 1.2, after patch you should get the favor in the whole wf field.

still dont forget that you actually need to be healing somebody that get favor from kills to get the contribution favor, if everybody you heal die without killing anybody else and on the other side of the field somebody got a ton of kills without getting any heals from you, you get no favor.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

This is true - if people knew the objectives.

I have been near the bridge/ cathedral in Scion and you know what happens? We see enemies - I start healing people, they scatter then I get attacked by 5 players and die - they see 5 players and run. lol.

BG Flag carrier - my team mates seem to believe that running away from the FC (not just defending our lines - running off into weird places)

Codex ... oh wow. That's great if you have a decent group, but standing near the back, and being attacked and your team mates running off to vault is an amazing experience. Statue/ Scope is useless, if you stand near there as a healer everyone else leaves lol - it's actually what I do to help win, stand guard, call inc - win match get less favor than others running around like headless chickens lol

Whitefall I actually just go DPS these days. Unless we have a competent team, then I'll heal.

The other reason we get less favor is because we die more - we are targeted and there's a good chance our team mates won't see/ care. Death means you are away from kills more and = less favor.
    Should start looking for a premade then lol.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    mmm, no, actually he just described to you how the game works now, he didnt say that its a good things - Trion already decided that its not a desired mechanic so they have put a fix in 1.2,after patch you should get the favor in the whole wf field.

still dont forget that you actually need to be healing somebody that get favor from kills to get the contribution favor, if everybody you heal die without killing anybody else and on the other side of the field somebody got a ton of kills without getting any heals from you, you get no favor.
    You contradicted yourself here.

First you say that in 1.2 they patched it so you get the favor no matter where you are on the battlefield.

Then you say unless you contribute to someone getting alot of kills on the other side of the battlefield, you wont get the contributed favor. How is a healer going to get favor from someone on the other side of the field? No spell reaches that far.

So which is it? Do you get favor no matter where you are in relation to Joe Bob that just killed 15 people, or do you only get favor when you "helped" in some way, meaning you are within 50 meters?
    Last edited by voidtek1969; 04-26-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Should start looking for a premade then lol.
    Well obviously that's the solution, but not always possible. Either way it remains that there is an issue with favor and healing.

I would agree with the suggestion that in WFs favor for kills should be negligible compared to favor for completing objectives/ winning the match. It'll also discourage the rambo mentality and people will need to work as a team and understand the objectives - win all around.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast