+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: so after you will fix pyros,you will find that...

Sword of Telara

Default so after you will fix pyros,you will find that...

so i guess it will take till 1.9 to fix pyros but after you do that please notice that:
    chloro/lock is hell OP,so much heals and damage....
    clerics are just gods....

there are some basic rules in MMO:
    tanker = no damage
    healer = no damage
    Burst Damage = no defense

seems like trion forgot to apply these rules.
    its not rare to see a healer with tanker's defense and burst damage.

Shield of Telara

Indeed.

Just an example on Pyromancers. If they are high damage output and have to stand still to cast, like all mages. Then it does in fact make sense to give them some form of buff like GoS or GoP, considering they are standing still with cast times, etc..

Let them keep their GoP and GoS. Remove the damage reductions, remove the stun immunity. Keep only fear and knock backs that will get them out of their circle. Instead of mass damage boost just give slight boost and cast time increase. No defenses except ones to get them out of circle. Stun immunity should be removed. And above all remove Pyromancer stuns, god that is asking for trouble.

But in proper perspective, if you deal mass damage, like 1 shot kill then you should be a 1 shot kill. It might not sound right, but that is how it should be.

Pyromancers have huge range, or long enough range to stand way back and damage. If they are silly and get to close then that is their fault and should be punished. Yes, there are Assassins sneaking around and they get you by suprise then good night Pyromancer.

Not saying an Assassin should be instant death, but against a Pyro it should be near enough. Same way they can near enough take out an Assassin in 1-3 shots.

Needs to work both ways, 1 shot from you, 1 shot from me, or the in between or the tanks/healers where it is different again.
    Last edited by Valkorian; 04-26-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Simple fix for dps clerics (fix added in bold):

Faith in Action

Passive. Increases the Cleric's attack power by their spell power, their physical crit by their spell crit, and their melee hit by their spell focus. Self-healing reduced by 50% when in PvP combat.

Add that self-healing debuff to the ranged dps souls of the Cleric calling as well and there we go, Cleric PvP healing fixed.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ratkin View Post

Faith in Action

Passive. Increases the Cleric's attack power by their spell power, their physical crit by their spell crit, and their melee hit by their spell focus. Self-healing reduced by 50% when in PvP combat.

Add that self-healing debuff to the ranged dps souls of the Cleric calling as well and there we go, Cleric PvP healing fixed.
    Good idea except that will ruin certain souls entirely.

Because of the amount of souls, it is hard to prevent high dps to heal good. We all know that. Certain souls shouldn't get any damaging spells, Sentinels, Warden, none of them should have any if they are based on healing.

Only way to prevent DPS Cleric having heals that are good is to put heals further up the trees, instead of ones like the Sentinels instant cast 8 sec cooldown without spending points. Put them higher up the trees and you will end up with less DPS having stupid healing and more hybrid mixes.

Yes, I am a Cleric and would hate this to happen but I can understand others when they say healing is silly and beyond the joke sometimes.

Early levels with Clerics dont need as much healing, it helps, but they don't. Remove damage spells from Sentinels/Wardens/Purifier and definately put Sentinels instant heal at least 15 points in and it might make a difference?

Then again, I dunno.

Chloromancer's need the same attention because Chloro hybrid builds are stupid with their mass damage and healing. Just my 2 cents though.

Faith in Action

i dont understand this obsession with you kids of the wow/halo generation. you want to see all big huge numbers and kill everything and have everythign NOW NOW NOW.

clerics and chloro/locks are overpowered because it takes you forever to kill them? overpowered means the total power of a given skill is out of balanced compared to the overall power of the others in its peer set.

when you reroll and go into the warfronts, you dont see 5 clerics and 5 chloro/locks in your warfront.
    no you still see... rogues, followed by MORE rogues, followed by pyros and necro locks.

so obviously the majority of people want to play these said classes because they are effective. notice you dont see people mass rerolling melee healing clerics or cloth healing clerics? notice you see no chloromancers?

I started a brand new mage this weekend... thursday to be exact. I cant count how many times I went into a warfront and was the only healer. currently level 30 all the way up from 1. and for every healing justicar i saw, i would see sixty to seventy rogues. just calm down, a class that can stay alive and counters your A.D.D/gimme gimme mindset is not the end of the world.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    i dont understand this obsession with you kids of the wow/halo generation. you want to see all big huge numbers and kill everything and have everythign NOW NOW NOW.

clerics and chloro/locks are overpowered because it takes you forever to kill them? overpowered means the total power of a given skill is out of balanced compared to the overall power of the others in its peer set.

when you reroll and go into the warfronts, you dont see 5 clerics and 5 chloro/locks in your warfront.
    no you still see... rogues, followed by MORE rogues, followed by pyros and necro locks.

so obviously the majority of people want to play these said classes because they are effective. notice you dont see people mass rerolling melee healing clerics or cloth healing clerics? notice you see no chloromancers?

I started a brand new mage this weekend... thursday to be exact. I cant count how many times I went into a warfront and was the only healer. currently level 30 all the way up from 1. and for every healing justicar i saw, i would see sixty to seventy rogues. just calm down, a class that can stay alive and counters your A.D.D/gimme gimme mindset is not the end of the world.
    Well said.

The devs also know this. They watch the numbers and the truth is I am almost exclusively the only justicar in any scenario i go into. out of 20 WF's I maybe see 1 other justicar spec and there is no way my damage comes even close to a good warriors.

Hey BishopX, first of all, let me assure you that I could most probably be your father in regards to age, judging just from your avatar (there was no widely available internet when I was a teenager, but I would've most prolly used a comic avatar for my forums too when I was a teen)...

Second of all, we seem to play different games.

When I log onto one of my alts, I see mostly mages and clerics - some FOTM rogue reroll who quickly starts complaining about not being healed and that some of the dps clerics should please switch to their healing specs.

I think you need to level up a bit and experience the game at level 44+ (better yet at 50 when you'll run into the R6 BBQSQUAD-Premades that are unbeatable 2 Pyros, 2 Clerics, 1 Bard.

Nice try, though.

Serious L2p moment here for the OP.

Chlorolock OP? Lol.

Maybe you should stop missing the part where I cleansed your debuffs off me without you noticing?

The two direct heals I have currently don't even heal me for 20% on a non-crit. So quit whining.

Littlebomb, learn to play then. Justicar is not very good for PvP if you want damage, but as an Inquisitor/Sentinel/Warden you will top damage and be in the top three for healing, too.

Funny how PvE players who try their PvE role in warfronts then come to the forum to say that clerics are fine. If you guys would know what a PvP spec looks like you would be topping the charts (like I am with my Inquisitor LOLVEX and Sanction Heretic, insta nuke, life regen damage channel, mana regen damage channel, 2 insta knockbacks, 2 insta HOT (one AOE), 1 insta big heal, aoe fear, single target fear, buff purges, self purge, massive aoe nuke, great channeled aoe nuke)...

But hey, it's ok, PvP is not for everyone.

Plane Touched

Hey BishopX, first of all, let me assure you that I could most probably be your father in regards to age, judging just from your avatar (there was no widely available internet when I was a teenager, but I would've most prolly used a comic avatar for my forums too when I was a teen)...

Second of all, we seem to play different games.

When I log onto one of my alts, I see mostly mages and clerics - some FOTM rogue reroll who quickly starts complaining about not being healed and that some of the dps clerics should please switch to their healing specs.

I think you need to level up a bit and experience the game at level 44+ (better yet at 50 when you'll run into the R6 BBQSQUAD-Premades that are unbeatable 2 Pyros, 2 Clerics, 1 Bard.

Nice try, though.
    Nice insults coming from the guy with rat avatars. Should I look at your forum posts and recap all your whining?

Bad players whine on forums. That's the oldest mmo truth to date. Good players problem solve and adapt their class to win.

All I see come from you is whining and %ussy attitude. I can make any class shine.

On a side not I'm in 4 pieces of t3 gear and the rest t2. I'm pvp rank 4 and have only bought rank 5 gear because im smart and dont want to waste valor on crappy t1 and t2 valor gear.

One thing ive noticed is that 90% of pvpers are horribly geared. Wonder if that's why they complain they can't beat me? Too bad they are too dumb like Ratkin here to know that some of the best gear and TRINKETS come from PVE.

A good player pve's and pvp's.

Learn to loot table............
    Last edited by Littlebomb; 04-26-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Plane Touched

Littlebomb, learn to play then. Justicar is not very good for PvP if you want damage, but as an Inquisitor/Sentinel/Warden you will top damage and be in the top three for healing, too.

Funny how PvE players who try their PvE role in warfronts then come to the forum to say that clerics are fine. If you guys would know what a PvP spec looks like you would be topping the charts (like I am with my Inquisitor LOLVEX and Sanction Heretic, insta nuke, life regen damage channel, mana regen damage channel, 2 insta knockbacks, 2 insta HOT (one AOE), 1 insta big heal, aoe fear, single target fear, buff purges, self purge, massive aoe nuke, great channeled aoe nuke)...

But hey, it's ok, PvP is not for everyone.
    LOL, noob. What cleric doesnt have a cookie cutter inq build. I used justi/shammy/inq for pure warrior and rogue pwnage.

whine more...............

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    Serious L2p moment here for the OP.

Chlorolock OP? Lol.

Maybe you should stop missing the part where I cleansed your debuffs off me without you noticing?

The two direct heals I have currently don't even heal me for 20% on a non-crit. So quit whining.
    No, no, no - more of a L2P moment for you now:

While Chlorolocks are not really OP, they are very, very good in groups, almost OP - but I think they are fine.

Your healing doesn't come from your two direct heals, it comes from Lifegiving Veil, Radiant Spores, Withering Wines and the continuous damage that you lay on your enemies (if you have Archon in the mix you will have 4 dots ticking away on the enemy).

In 1 vs 1 Chlorolock is borderline OP, depends on how much CC your opponent has.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebomb View Post
    LOL, noob. What cleric doesnt have a cookie cutter inq build. I used justi/shammy/inq for pure warrior and rogue pwnage.

whine more...............
    Hey Littlebomb, thanks for the informative and friendly post. Full of win. And who is the noob for not using the better spec in PvP combat? And your warrior and rogue pwnage build is laughable once it has been snared or rooted you're not doing **** to anyone. :-)

Your build is great for pve aoe farming, though.

Now what level and prestige rank are you on your cleric? :-)

No, no, no - more of a L2P moment for you now:

While Chlorolocks are not really OP, they are very, very good in groups, almost OP - but I think they are fine.

Your healing doesn't come from your two direct heals, it comes from Lifegiving Veil, Radiant Spores, Withering Wines and the continuous damage that you lay on your enemies (if you have Archon in the mix you will have 4 dots ticking away on the enemy).

In 1 vs 1 Chlorolock is borderline OP, depends on how much CC your opponent has.
    Please, everyone in this game is ******ed.

I find no difference between players and NPCs currently. Not a single person with half a functioning brain.

If you think your damaging abilities are going to save you when you are getting focused, good luck with that. Your cleanse and instant heals are the best survivability tools you have if you LoS kite and cleanse spam.

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/r...-22_204203.jpg

Whoopdeedoo you can top charts against morons who DR all their CC while your damage mitigation talents are up.
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 04-26-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Telaran

After they fix pyros you'll still be on here crying daily.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast