+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PvP Balance issues.

Default PvP Balance issues.

Well I gave it a shot. The fact is at end game there are some MAJOR balance issues. I'm sure it's mostly due to one mage humping dev.... Still this game just doesn't bring enough to the table to keep me playing and hoping that they fix things. After seeing the 1.2 patch notes I'm pretty much giving up. If this game was some amazing, new, and exciting experience I would stick around. It's not.

We were told that this was going to be a next generation mmo, but in truth what does it bring to the table that WoW doesn't already have? I'm not a big wow fan but it's just a fact that the only thing this game has that wow doesn't is rifts, and the soul system. The soul system is pointless because you pretty much have to be one of a few specs to keep up at end game anyway.

As of right now the game looks like-
    Anything with a mana bar
    Everything else

We have mages one shotting people, that wont change anytime soon, and clerics that can stay up way longer then any rogue or warrior in pvp and pump out more damage.

This game also relentlessly punishes melee in every aspect of the game while giving no advantages. When warriors were complained about, they were met with sweeping nerfs. When sabs were complained about, the same happened. When people complained about 1 shotting pyros (that were/are the worst of them all), they got a slap on the wrist. What happened there?

Also there were major bugs making warriors and sabs do better they they should have been. It worries me that, rather then fixing the bugs and THEN tweaking the roles as needed, they hit them with MAJOR nerfs AND fixed the bugs. Mages also had a bug that was allowing them to DW staffs (if I'm not mistaken) giving them a pretty large boots in spell power, yet they hot fixed that bug, and then went about "fixing" the classes balance issues (and they didn't really fix those). What happened there?

Over all I don't see balance happening in this game until everyones favorite fire loving, mmo killing dev is out of a job. More importantly I don't see enough end game to keep me waiting. I didn't think a "next generation mmo" could feel more grindy then WoW. At this point I'll just wait for GW2.

This isn't a QQ or a "the sky is falling" thread, it's mostly about my over all disappointment with this game. I was hoping for a lot more and I feel like Rift fell short of what it advertised. As a pvp'er in every mmo I've played, balance in that department happens to be the biggest deal breaker of them all.

Subscription plan: --
    Active time remaining: 9 Days
    Renewal date: --
    Renewal amount: --

Good luck everyone. I hope they work things out and if you're having fun I hope you continue to do so.

P.S- Anyone looking to flame me feel free. I won't be checking this thread so you're talking to your self.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzhCXvhlpCs
    Indeed warriors needed the nerf and mages are needed help, as seen in the video. See how the poor kid struggles to earn his food money.^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaevF...eature=related
    And the poor Cleric above...He's having such a ruff time. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1iCw1F_ooo
    Even rogues have it ruff ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N-lc...layer_embedded
    But here's a warrior AoE grinding ^^ Watch as he crits the crowd for 9999.

Plane Walker

I think my personal favorite is warriors and rogues that exploited the broken mechanics were on par with pyro's. Now that they are fixed pyro's run the show.

But tbh, this game isn't a pvp game even though it has pvp in it. Its a tiny part of the game and i feel bad for the people that think otherwise.

There is a reason one of the few servers that gets queues are pve servers.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyReaver View Post

Over all I don't see balance happening in this game until everyones favorite fire loving, mmo killing dev is out of a job.
    This ^

made me Lol pretty hard.
    Me killing you in your WFs
    Whats Left of Rift PVP Community: Average Players with Uber gear and bots
    Visualize lvl 50 Rogue
    ZinCarla lvl 50 Warrior
    Contender lvl 30 Cleric

I'm going to get flamed for saying this, but as a mage at rank 5..I'm just not feelin it anymore. Ever wonder why you never see any good pvp build writeups in the mage forums, or never see any good mage pvp videos outside of pyro nubs abusing the redball? I think it's honestly because the class kinda sucks personally. Before you freak out and stop reading, keep going. I know, it's hard, but try.

Pyro is overdone, and if you're not whoring the red ball and specing 51/15 pyro am, I dunno man...Pyro with redball and 51/15 spec is broken for a number of reasons, but it feels like such a pendulum without it. All mage classes do to me at this point. You're either rocking out against bad pugs or with a good premade, or you're getting roftstomped in a pug or a bad premade. I'd rather not even play pyro anymore because I have little faith that Trion is going to get them in a solid stable state for pve and pvp any time soon. A warrior buddy of mine was complaining about them in /guild last night, and I asked him "Out of every mage you've ever fought, what other than a pyro has given you a problem?" and he said without hesitation "none of them, they're all pretty much free kills if a cleric isn't dumping mana into them".

Chloro lock is good for small scale, or 1 on 1 stuff, but in a WF..you don't really kill that many people and your heals (when you can cast them) are pretty weak sauce in terms of raid healing. You do really well at keeping yourself up, but it's just not that powerful on it's own. Plus warlock armor breaks detaunt, so it's survivable only for a few seconds at a time every 2 minutes.

CC in the game is just a **** fest, and staring at greyed out bars is just not fun. As a mage, especially with all the caster hate right now, we are viciously focused by warriors and rogues and run to ground every chance they get. I spend almost as much time running away as I do casting anything. So I tried dominator out, and keep going back and playing with it from time to time, and that soul is a clunky mess. It's got great abilities, but it's terrible solo in my experience (limited as it is with it). Dominator easily has the steepest learning curve of any mage soul.

The rest of the souls are just trash in PVP. I know some people like necro and stormcaller for the small niche they fill, but in the grand scheme of things they're inferior.

I dunno. As a jaded mage, I'm about to reroll just to see what it's like on the other side of the fence, because frankly I'm just not feeling it anymore.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

P.S- Anyone looking to flame me feel free. I won't be checking this thread so you're talking to your self.

He says as he actively spams the f5 button.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I'm going to get flamed for saying this, but as a mage at rank 5..I'm just not feelin it anymore. Ever wonder why you never see any good pvp build writeups in the mage forums, or never see any good mage pvp videos outside of pyro nubs abusing the redball? I think it's honestly because the class kinda sucks personally. Before you freak out and stop reading, keep going. I know, it's hard, but try.

Pyro is overdone, and if you're not whoring the red ball and specing 51/15 pyro am, I dunno man...Pyro with redball and 51/15 spec is broken for a number of reasons, but it feels like such a pendulum without it. All mage classes do to me at this point. You're either rocking out against bad pugs or with a good premade, or you're getting roftstomped in a pug or a bad premade. I'd rather not even play pyro anymore because I have little faith that Trion is going to get them in a solid stable state for pve and pvp any time soon. A warrior buddy of mine was complaining about them in /guild last night, and I asked him "Out of every mage you've ever fought, what other than a pyro has given you a problem?" and he said without hesitation "none of them, they're all pretty much free kills if a cleric isn't dumping mana into them".

Chloro lock is good for small scale, or 1 on 1 stuff, but in a WF..you don't really kill that many people and your heals (when you can cast them) are pretty weak sauce in terms of raid healing. You do really well at keeping yourself up, but it's just not that powerful on it's own. Plus warlock armor breaks detaunt, so it's survivable only for a few seconds at a time every 2 minutes.

CC in the game is just a **** fest, and staring at greyed out bars is just not fun. As a mage, especially with all the caster hate right now, we are viciously focused by warriors and rogues and run to ground every chance they get. I spend almost as much time running away as I do casting anything. So I tried dominator out, and keep going back and playing with it from time to time, and that soul is a clunky mess. It's got great abilities, but it's terrible solo in my experience (limited as it is with it). Dominator easily has the steepest learning curve of any mage soul.

The rest of the souls are just trash in PVP. I know some people like necro and stormcaller for the small niche they fill, but in the grand scheme of things they're inferior.

I dunno. As a jaded mage, I'm about to reroll just to see what it's like on the other side of the fence, because frankly I'm just not feeling it anymore.
    Pretty much. No argument here as a warrior but since 50% of most PVP warfront teams are made of scrub mages, I don't even play him anymore. It's a ****ing joke and until they fix it I probably will shelf him for my cleric. By the way, I rolled a pyro and it was as expected, a ****ing talentless joke. I can just mash buttons and just kill people. It's pretty much like WoW, a button masher that a ten year old can play. After level 49, the PVP isn't even fun because of this. Instakill doesn't even give the other player a chance to react. I would like to meet whoever's idea this was actually. Anyone know the name of the lead dev?

Quote Originally Posted by Drude View Post
    I would like to meet whoever's idea this was actually. Anyone know the name of the lead dev?
    I think he goes by Lord of Flames, Agni, Hephaestus, Zhu Rong, Kagu-tsuchi, Gibil, Belenus, Gersh, Kresnik,Tatewari, pick one.
    Me killing you in your WFs
    Whats Left of Rift PVP Community: Average Players with Uber gear and bots
    Visualize lvl 50 Rogue
    ZinCarla lvl 50 Warrior
    Contender lvl 30 Cleric

...Over all I don't see balance happening in this game until everyones favorite fire loving, mmo killing dev is out of a job....
    So i cannot understand how Trion can hire such a person, he destroyed balance in Warhammer and same here.

This game is and will be a Caster World as long as this person tries to balance things.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post

^ Yes. I feel the same way about the class.
    I dislike playing Pyro, button mashing is just so boring even if it's effective, and I usually play something else in warfronts. But ever since they started nerfing CC, it just doesn't work anymore. Before 1.1 I could control people. Now they're immune most of the time, and it's about to get even worse in 1.2.
    That you see so many Pyromancers in warfronts isn't because they're OP, it's because it's the only mage soul that works in PvP anymore.

If I could choose between 1.0 with OP warriors and saboteurs, and 1.1+... I'd choose 1.0.
    I'd rather go up against 5k Blast Charge and Titan's Strike with a chance that I can stop them, than the current weakened versions that I can't stop at all.

Now, brb soloing the Church boss in Port Scion. It's at least something I'm good at.
    Last edited by aux; 04-25-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    I'm so BORED

Totally agree with the OP - I have 8 days left on my sub and do not plan on renewing. 1.2 is too little, too late.

Champion of Telara

they dont even close this thread, because they dont read pvp forum
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

Champion of Telara

huh its not even pvp forum
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

As a rank 6 melee rogue ..1 more month il be in this ,after that il move to tera or just wait for gw2. As much i hate at begin to think about other games ,it seem with this imbalance at classes.

PS: It is not about me not wining in pvp or 1v1 ,im a pvp beast ,but the class imbalance is way to hard and some classes are way to easy to play and got so many advantages ...
    Mages and celrics are op and trion it seem will let them op
    Last edited by Cyborg; 04-26-2011 at 03:44 AM.

Rift Disciple

I understand the OP too well. feels like the magic the game had, the whole view of the game as freash and new is disappearing because we know the mechanics, we know boss strats, we see how everything works, and we see the imblances in everything, the bugs the frusteration... i went though this with both FFs, WoW, Aion, WAR and a few others i played... I will sub till something better comes along, alot are waiting for GW2 but ill play this till then and see what changes are pushed.

Rift Chaser

couldnt agree more with the op.....

actually very seriously dropping this game. i've went from 6 month sub now down to 3 months... and being the development being such a slow pace and so lopsided to a couple of classes... i'm starting to think **** it i'm done....

the lead developer is adam gershowitz, he killed warhammer with his development tactics... hes already killing this game....

the big differences in this game and wow is.. wow is an old game and stale.... this game is a new game and its already gotten stale...

for whatever reason this game was released far to soon, lack of testing, lack of devlopment and it shows... people arent going to wait around and piss their money away on months of subscription fees to see nothing being done with the classes they want to play... wow so assasins are getting a bump in dps, valor is doubling, so basicly this will do nothing in pvp.. it will actually make rogues worse than they already are...

trion, you made your money.. now its time to buck up with some real development... you need to turn over the development to a compitent developer, and not one that will run the development in the ground, such as he did in warhammer..

cmon gw2, i cant wait

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast